Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

Sources close to Warner have stated that he will play again for only one team: the St

As inside sources continue to report that Kurt Warner is preparing to end his short lived retirement, comparisons to Brett Favre seem likely. But, much like his unconventional career, Warner's un-retirement is anything but conventional. Sources close to Warner have stated that he will play again for only one team: the St. Louis Rams.
    Aside from the contract issues that would have to be worked out to make this happen, the obvious question is: Why would Warner want to go to a 1-15 team rather than a team that has won its division in each of the last two seasons?
    For any other player, the answer would be difficult to imagine. But for Warner, it makes perfect sense. He is not merely about winning. He wants the "story." He wants to be able to inspire people. He wants the closure that comes from having his story come full circle.
    This goal is evident in the following quote from a close friend of Warner: "In St. Louis, more so than in Arizona, Kurt has unfinished business. He sees an opportunity to bring the Rams back to the top again, and that is what drives him."
    Would the Rams have him back? Billy Devaney does not seem to want to address this issue, but that might be a positive sign. He has openly discussed Michael Vick, Sam Bradford, and Donovan McNabb. But in Warner's case, it is hush hush. That may be the clearest sign that a deal is in the works. On the eve of a big deal like this, the wagons are circled and leaks are kept under control.
    Every bone in my body tells me that Kurt's plan to come back to the Rams is a mistake. But how many times has he proved me, and everyone else, wrong?
    In Kurt Warner's case, it's best to just go on faith.

written by Armen Dacity

I just read this......I am in shock. Can any one confirm that this is true? If we get Warner back, I will have to amend my 9-7 prediction and likely my superbowl prediction as well.

As for Warner, THIS GUY IS AWESOME AT QUARTERBACK.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Re: Sources close to Warner have stated that he will play again for only one team: th

I wouldn't get too excited, considering all the rumors that have been going around.

As for Kurt, he may definitely want to come back to St. Louis. But we don't know for sure, and we don't know if Devaney even wants Kurt.

If I was Devaney, I would be on the phone right now. Bringing back Kurt gives us a legitimate option at QB while Bradford is developing, and Kurt Warner tutoring Sam Bradford sounds mighty better than A.J Feeley doing it.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

Re: Sources close to Warner have stated that he will play again for only one team: th

Ok WTH. This doesn't even sound remotely true and personally I was waiting on the "MAY FOOLS!!" after the article. Why the hell sin't this bigger news? Probably because its BS. I won't even think or speculate until some more legitimate places reports it.

The Josh Johnson crap got more press than this...

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

If I was Devaney, I would be on the phone right now. Bringing back Kurt gives us a legitimate option at QB while Bradford is developing, and Kurt Warner tutoring Sam Bradford sounds mighty better than A.J Feeley doing it.

YOU CAN SAY THAT AGAIN

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I'd love to hear this confirmed. Wouldn't it be great to see Warner back in the horns one last season? We might even be competitive next season if he was running the offense, but I don't get the impression that Spags is much into GSOT nostalgia. It's a nice fantasy, though.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

Warner went ahead and shot down any doubts about his return without a second of hesitation on the Fast Lane months ago. This guy just isn't coming back guys, but I guess its a nice fantasy, although I'm not as optimistic about Warner without his resident Pro Bowlers at receiver.

I don't believe this one iota...

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

I was really excited until I saw who it was written by, isn't Armen Dacity our very own Avenger Ram's pseudonym?

If so, I think he would be the one most qualified to comment on this "breaking news".

So AV, is this legit or did you just break my heart into a million pieces, stomp on them, and then curse at me for ever wishing to relive my childhood?

general counsel is offline Registered User

It is certainly a possibility- so is world peace.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Most likely a rumor, but a man can dream can't he? It's time Kurt just put the cleats away and fulfill his role as a father to his kids.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Oh,

That Armen Dacity

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    Oh,

That Armen Dacity
    Yeah, this is a ruthless way to try and make a point!

RockinRam is offline Registered User

... And this is when the limeys come out to scream, "You bloody wankers!"

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

In the words of Rosie Perez on Pineapple Express..."Who the f*** is this Dale Denton?"

Except switch Dale Denton with Armen Dacity lol...

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

The only reason I see this happening is so that Sam I am can learn from a great QB. Will happen only God knows at this point. Do I think it will happen, not sure.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Oh, I'm not Armen Dacity, but I am his personal photographer, Mr. Jameson.

He told me that he wrote that article a while back and is surprised to see it pop up now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast