Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Sources: Fisher using Rams as leverage over Miami

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Re: Sources: Fisher using Rams as leverage over Miami

With a career winning Pct. of .542 regular season and .455 playoffs, with Fisher, it looks like we can look forward to advancing from AWFUL...to MEDIOCRE! I never was overly impressed with the guy.

"You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    That's funny because I seem to remember him wanting to draft Matt Leinart over Vince Young, but the owner veteod it. Unless of course, he's changed his tune.
    Guess we'll see once he sets up shop somewhere.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Ram Fan View Post
    With a career winning Pct. of .542 regular season and .455 playoffs, with Fisher, it looks like we can look forward to advancing from AWFUL...to MEDIOCRE! I never was overly impressed with the guy.
    Much worse than say Gruden's .540 regular season winning percentage or say Vermeil's .524, right? How many realistic candidates for the job do you know who have a better record in the NFL? Still holding out hope that Cowher will come out of retirement for us?

RockinRam is offline Registered User

If McDaniels has to go for Fisher to come, it boils down to this.

Who does Kroenke feel more comfortable with and will place his confidence in to help this team to victory? Is the sacrifice of not getting Fisher worth it to keep McDaniels?

Does Kroenke even LIKE Fisher?

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

A couple of thoughts concerning recent posts on this thread. STOP OBSESSING OVER A COACH'S WINNING PERCENTAGE!! As has been discussed extensively by me and many others, this is only a small piece of the puzzle concerning whether or not a coach is good. Mike Martz was 30 + games over .500 and was NOT a great head coach!! George Siefert had a great w/l percentage yet was the beneficiary of inheriting a great team. Many other examples. You must look at the toal picture of a guy- and you don't last for 16 years in one place if you're not any good. Fisher is a quality coach. Either that or every owner out there who'd like the guy to coach for them has a serious case of dementia.

And if Josh McDaniels becomes our next head coach, I'll check myself into a mental health facility.
    Last edited by NJ Ramsfan1; -01-06-2012 at 07:31 AM.

Bing69 is offline Registered User

To be honest i wouldnt mind Josh McDaniels as head coach, IF we had a guy in total charge of personnel decisions, drafting etc. and we had a strong defensive co-ordinator.....

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Trust me, I am not "OBSESSING" over anything football related...unlike many here. Just discussing some facts about the guy. Some other interesting facts on what a quality coach Fisher was: It took him six years to post a WINNING season with Houston/Tenn. Houston had a pretty great run (3 straight 10+ win seasons) before Fisher took over in mid 94. Would I like to see Bill Cowher...sure. Not gonna happen. How about Marty? He (clearly) still wants to coach. I am just not a fan of Jeff Fisher or Gruden. I know that the list of proven/experienced NFL HCs is quite small. I think building the FO is more important (at this point) than landing the big 'name' HC.
    Harry S. Truman likes this.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    And if Josh McDaniels becomes our next head coach, I'll check myself into a mental health facility.
    Bring the poker cards when you check in, a couple of us will be waiting.
    GROUND DOG 39 likes this.

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy Ocho Bradford View Post
    I'm not even concerned if he spurns the Rams.

Fix the front office.

There is a reason the Patriots have been the class of the league for the last decade and its not because Belchick is only a great coach, its because he understands team building.

If anyone wants to look at a larger sample, take a look at the Steelers, its their FO that has lead to great success.

As a matter of fact, take a look at any great organization in sports, its the front office, not the coach responsible for sustained excellence.

A coach is important, but I think its more important they assemble the organization correctly.
    Soooo you want this organization to have stability. Wow what a concept. Only wished that the past owner had committed to this philosophy. Moving forward this is what we need & it starts with ownership.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234