Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    thermobee is offline Registered User

Re: Sources: Rams in pursuit of Terrell Owens

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    Ehhh...Bradford isn't the problem. Shurmur will warp him plenty anyway and if Owens somehow psychologically scars him it will give the anti-Bulger crowd something to do now.

I'm worried more about the negative influence on the wideouts. The last thing we need is for Avery or Gilyard to develop a prima donna attitude. And it's not like a) he did well for Buffalo last year or b) Buffalo's wideouts showed a marked improvement. Also, do note how Buffalo DID NOT want to bring him back.

If "veteran wideout" has just now risen as an issue for the front office and we are scrambling, though, well.....an unsurprising par for the course. I just wish we'd have the foresight recognize these needs earlier in the offseason.
    Good points across. If Spags thinks he has a strong enough personality to handle that prima dona I am all for it. It all depends on how they handle him and how quickly they can get rid of him in case it all goes downhill.

molar_pistol is offline Registered User

i don't know, i think he's still a pretty immature guy, but he does bring some experience to the position which we don't really have. i would probably rather just develop our young guys, because bringing him in means we have to get rid of someone else, but i wouldn't be too upset with this.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Gut reaction says no. I'd hate to see what happens if he does what he did in Dallas, demanding the ball 20+ times a game. On the other hand, he is talented, and that is something we have a serious lack of. Maybe we have enough character that he wouldn't be able to destroy the locker room.

Still, rookie qb and a WR who demands the ball may be a bad combo if he goes that route. I recall hearing that he wasn't happy with how little he got the ball in the Buffalo offense. Not sure where.

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

The new front office hasnt done us wrong yet...if they're in "hot pursuit" of T.O., maybe we shouldnt be so quick to brush it off as a complete negative just yet.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

If the report is true it worries me because it means we have 10 receivers on the roster and we are still willing to take a risk to obtain talent. Yikes!

My only advice to Spags and Shumar is the first time he opens his mouth... dedicate him to over the middle pass routes until he is knocked into submission.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Too bad the TO show has already rapped up filming we could have had some nice publicity. It is so scripted and TO is a terrible actor, but his model girlfriends... this is a family cite . VH1 is a channel full of garbage the TO show is the best type of garbage.

O football perspective? Well he had no issues in Buffalo another bad team with a young QB. Not as worried as I would be a couple years ago about his maturity. I watch his show the guy has obviously matured . Statistically 24th among wide receivers in yards and tied for 8th in TDs. He would also instantly be the biggest wide receiver on this team. I would bring him in because bottom line this offense needs threats outwide and to my understanding he is the best option out. I would rather have Avery and Robinson battle for the number 2 spot than force one of them into the number 1 wide receiver role they aren't ready for. TO doesn't demand double coverage as much as he used to, but he does need to be respected. Steven Jackson can't be this teams only threat again. Our QB is young an developing and so are our wide recievers. It would be good to have a veteran presence who knows what he is doing for our young guys and frankly TO is the best out there.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by unorthodox1999 View Post
    The new front office hasnt done us wrong yet...if they're in "hot pursuit" of T.O., maybe we shouldnt be so quick to brush it off as a complete negative just yet.
    They fielded a team that won 1 game last season. By definition, mistakes were made.

Major30 is offline Registered User

I don't think TO wants to sign with the Rams, being that we are at least a year or two away from the playoffs. If he does, I hope the front office and Spags keep him on a short leash.

ram1906 is offline Registered User

The Rams even courting the thought of bringing TO in speaks VOLUMES for our current wide receiver corp. With TO having a bad statistical year in Buffalo, there were no receivers on our current staff who came close! There is plenty that fans and the media can say about TO, but none can question his desire to win. I think we need someone to feel that way with only 6 wins in 3 years. We need someone to come on the field and look across the line and be a threat. Other than SJ, we have few and far between members on this team who have shown some swagger and backed it up. Humm, whats the worse that can happen....he shakes Bradfords confidence by saying "im open...look for me and throw the ball"...LOL...at least we now have someone who CAN get open that we didnt have last year. The opposite of that would be that BOOOOM the qb (who ever it is) would feel after waiting for a receiver to get open.

That being said...it also speaks volumes for the interest around the league for TO when he is considering the Rams to play for. Talk about being blacked balled...just us and the Bengals interested...WOW.

Point blank...WE DONT HAVE A #! receiver...TO would be far the best receiver on our team. We need his desire to win to be the cancer that makes us more competitive and ultimetly win games. "Cancer is only a problem with the living"...when you are one heartbeat away from demise some cancer which may help you survive a little longer may be the thing the doctor ordered.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I say no questions asked go for T.O.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

They fielded a team that won 1 game last season. By definition, mistakes were made.
    They cut dead weight form the roster, by definition last year was a building year were not real success was expected. This year is the year for improvement.

On the the subject at hand, my best feeling for this is "meh", he could be a strong target for bradford. I believe was have several strong personalities in the locker room to counter balance any effect that T.O would have. If spags thinks it will help I dont see why it would be a particularly bad idea.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ram1906 View Post
    The Rams even courting the thought of bringing TO in speaks VOLUMES for our current wide receiver corp. With TO having a bad statistical year in Buffalo, there were no receivers on our current staff who came close! There is plenty that fans and the media can say about TO, but none can question his desire to win. I think we need someone to feel that way with only 6 wins in 3 years. We need someone to come on the field and look across the line and be a threat. Other than SJ, we have few and far between members on this team who have shown some swagger and backed it up. Humm, whats the worse that can happen....he shakes Bradfords confidence by saying "im open...look for me and throw the ball"...LOL...at least we now have someone who CAN get open that we didnt have last year. The opposite of that would be that BOOOOM the qb (who ever it is) would feel after waiting for a receiver to get open.

That being said...it also speaks volumes for the interest around the league for TO when he is considering the Rams to play for. Talk about being blacked balled...just us and the Bengals interested...WOW.

Point blank...WE DONT HAVE A #! receiver...TO would be far the best receiver on our team. We need his desire to win to be the cancer that makes us more competitive and ultimetly win games. "Cancer is only a problem with the living"...when you are one heartbeat away from demise some cancer which may help you survive a little longer may be the thing the doctor ordered.
    So....because the rest of the league, which is a set that includes all of the teams that are better than the Rams, doesn't appear to want him....we should sign him? That's the same kind of foolish not-logic that leads to us trotting out AJ Feeley as our Week 1 starter. If the rest of the league sees his negatives as too big a hassle to overcome his faltering talent and will to win, we should probably follow suit.

If this front office wanted a #1 receiver, they shouldn't have waited this long to look. They have made their bed, and if it goes up in flames, that's their own fault.

Flippin' Ram is online now Registered User

He publicly refused to play for KC and would rather play for NE, how much more STL?!

cfh128 is offline Registered User

I'm not a supporter of the idea as TO has been my least favorite player in the league for years. But lets look at the positives if we do sign him. It gives us a proven playmaker, a player with an overwhelming desire to win, a guy who is famous for giving 100% in practice, and it brings some publicity to the team and sells some tickets.

Still not a fan of the idea, but I can see why we are considering it. Lets just hope that if he signs that the mayor doesn't give him the key to the city.

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

The current FO has destroyed and rebuild the entire organization and have done nothing thus far to hint they do not care to revive a winning atmosphere. The downside to that was not having the talent required to compete at the level as the rest of the league, which isnt exactly THEM "FiELDiNG" a losing team. If you haven't noticed the difference in sense of urgency between this regime and the last, YOU are an idiot, and no further reply from you is needed.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast