Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    dgr828 is offline Registered User

Re: Sources: Rams in pursuit of Terrell Owens

Once again, the Rams FO is a reflection of the Rams play on the field. Inexperience and lackluster execution has become commonplace in Saint Louis the past 6 years.

MARTZ WAS RIGHT!!!!!

Look what's happen to this organization ever since. The "GSOT" Banner has been trampled on like an old OutHouse door Mat!

Instead of getting quality and talent , when a player is in his prime, the Rams waste time and settle for 2nd tier players or wait for a Veteran skilled player, such as Terrell Owens, who should've been made an offer by the Rams 4years ago, not as he's approaching 40years of age.
    That being said T.O. still out qualifies, at age 37, any 2nd tier receiver the Rams try to throw out on the field at this point.

Bradford, SJ and T.O. could be a lethal combination, that automatically would put the Rams back in contention in the NFC West.

Imagination and taking a Leap of Faith is something the Rams seem to fear or maybe slow to foot, in their doubtfulness.

T.O. can bring the Great Show back On Turf in Saint Louis, unless the Rams prefer to settle for 1-15 Football!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    Owens was a league leader in dropped passes in Dallas as well. Can't blame precipitation for that.

He may have been the league leader in dropped passes when he was in dallas but you left out a couple facts..........

The fact he was in the top ten in yards and top 15 in catches in 2006. And was number one in touchdowns in which he had 13.

The fact he had 0 fumbles in 2007 when most the other top receivers had at least 3 one of which being brandon marshall who had less yards on more catches. And was actually top 3 in touchdowns only one away from being in 2nd. In which he had 15 touchdowns amounting almost as many as our 2009 rams team

In 2008 he was in the top 15 in yards and and top 5 in touchdowns.

Granted last year he was like 50th in catches and 33rd in yards. But that just proves a point in itself. Because you didn't hear him complain one bit and he obviously wasn't getting the ball like he used to.

So I can't blame the dropped passes in dallas on precipitation but I CAN blame it on increase productivity......

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Owens was falling off production-wise in his last year in Dallas as well. Let's not completely blame his lack of production on playing in Buffalo.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    Would you please find a reference to him complaining he didn't get the ball in buffalo? Your gonna be hard pressed to find it because I don't remember seeing one peep outta him (and nfl total access tends to blow stuff outta proportion so I am pretty sure I would of heard it). And for you to say he is washed up isn't entirely true either. Right now I would line T.O. up with any of our receivers and i bet he does just as good or better. He is adds instant creditability to our wide receivers. Because he is a proven wide receiver in this league unlike our current roster (not saying our receivers couldn't prove themselves as good just saying t.o. already has). He wasn't really saying a whole lot his last year with the cowboys either. So if you could find some quotes of him wanting the ball or being a prima donna. And actually I am glad you used the words prima donna because here is the definition

the term often describes a vain, obnoxious and temperamental person who, although irritating, cannot be done without

So by your words you are saying we can not do without him. Actually the male form of a prima donna is primo uomo. He has great work out skills and always stays in shape. So I do believe he would be a lot better addition than you are stating.
    One year of not making national headlines for being a spoiled brat isn't much to stand on. T.O. seemed to be getting along okay in the beginning when he was in Philly, too. You just can't tell when he's going to get fussy and throw a tantrum...but past experience says that if you keep him on long enough, he will. I don't know why the Bills cut him loose after a year, and I don't really care whether it was because of his attitude or declining physical abilities.

If we sign him, he might quietly put up 800 yards and only take playing time away from a player who might actually get better while causing no further harm. That's probably the best we could hope for, and that isn't much. And the worst that could happen would be that he would return to form, disrupt the team, bring down bad publicity on an already ailing franchise, etc., etc.

Just to clarify, here's the definition of prima donna from Mirriam-Webster:

1 : a principal female singer in an opera or concert organization
    2 : a vain or undisciplined person who finds it difficult to work under direction or as part of a team
    For the sake of this discussion, I'm using the second definition.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Owens was falling off production-wise in his last year in Dallas as well. Let's not completely blame his lack of production on playing in Buffalo.

His last year in dallas he still put up little over a 1000 yards which put him 13th in the rankings and then top 5 for touchdowns. He dropped down a little bit but not by much... he had around 200 yards less and about the same touchdowns. So no you can't (which I wasn't) blame his lack of production on being in buffalo.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

How dare someone calls Terrell Owens a "Prima Donna".

In TO's defense, He became a Star as he became Steve Young's main target to go to.
    Young went down, The ***** replaced him with Jeff Garcia, who failed to live up to the expectations delivered by the previous HOF Niner QBs.
    Garcia couldn't throw to T.O. so he had to go.
    Things got Chilly in Philly, T.O. had to rehab for McNabb, Losing a SuperBowl they took Stab.
    Down in Big D, TO could finally see, that QB Romo was always a No-Show as far as playoffs goes.
    Buffalo was next on the BILL, Not being much of a Thrill, gave T.O. much time to kill.

Now come the Rams, with out any future game plans, losing out on a great deal, to get T.O. for a steal.

Prima Donna, Yeah maybe a little, Great player, sure by far, as sure as Standing in the middle of the 50 yard line Cowboy STAR!

TERRELL OWENS...SIGN HIM RAMS!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Then why were so many teams able to make the moves to upgrade their positions with the dimished free agent pool? And why weren't the Rams one of them? When the rest of the division had "backup" plans (quotes because I suspect they were actually primary strategies) in place for free agency and trades, the Rams front office has no excuse for its own failures.
    Simple, other teams did one of two things to get free agents coming their way. They either threw oodles of money at them in a desperation attempt, therefore completely overpaying a player (Namely Vanden Bosch in Detroit). Or It was a better place to go for a playoff chance before the entire league gets locked out for a whole season. I believe our FO did the right thing standing pat in a off season were the rules are murky and lock out is looming over everyones heads. They decided to build through the draft, which is a strategy used by great teams like the Vikings, Colts, and Cowboys.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

TO would make a wonderful addition, I bet when he catches a few TD passes you will all be cheering, DON"T LIE!!! If Rams get him I welcome TO. - Bottom line!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Why do people think that Owens would be such an improvement? I'd understand if this was a decade ago, but we're talking about a player who will turn 37 before the end of the season.

His numbers in 2009 were strikingly similar to Isaac Bruce's in 2008. This is noteworthy because Bruce is one year older.

Bruce
    2008 (at 35) - 835 yards, 7 TDs
    2009 (at 36) - 264 yards, 0 TDs

Owens
    2009 (at 35) - 829 yards, 5 TDs
    2010 (at 36) - ?

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    Simple, other teams did one of two things to get free agents coming their way. They either threw oodles of money at them in a desperation attempt, therefore completely overpaying a player (Namely Vanden Bosch in Detroit). Or It was a better place to go for a playoff chance before the entire league gets locked out for a whole season. I believe our FO did the right thing standing pat in a off season were the rules are murky and lock out is looming over everyones heads. They decided to build through the draft, which is a strategy used by great teams like the Vikings, Colts, and Cowboys.
    Except those teams don't blow all of their 4th round and beyond draft picks taking flyers on players who might be good, but likely won't be with us in 3 years. And all of those teams do add rather important components through trades and free agency, so your point fails.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by unorthodox1999 View Post
    The new front office hasnt done us wrong yet...if they're in "hot pursuit" of T.O., maybe we shouldnt be so quick to brush it off as a complete negative just yet.
    I saw the news about T.O. and the RAMS and/or Bengals being in pursuit while I was at the gym Saturday morning. My first reaction was "NO" I don't want that idiot playing for us. However after thinking it over I agree that we have to trust Despags.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

All I can say is.....get your popcorn ready.

Ebenezer Grymm is offline Registered User

Signing TO is strictly for publicity. He'll sell a few more Rams tickets. That's pretty much the biggest benefit.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

so your point fails.
    Actually it doesnt fail at all, atleast not yet. Nobody knows how those players are going to work out they could all be pro bowlers for all we know. So if three seasons from now all these drafts picks are no longer with the team, then you can come back to me and say my argument fails. Until then speculation is not a valid arguing point

Dominating D is offline Registered User

My worst nightmare TO becoming a Ram. Oh well

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast