Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    jackson3909 is offline Registered User

Re: Sources: Rams in pursuit of Terrell Owens

if we get Terrel owens there are mutiple positve effects.
    1.) his size and speed as a wide reciever will be greatly needed in the redzone somthing we the rams have been awful at scoring at in recent years

2.) he streches the field for the offense, now defenders cant load up the box all the time vs jackson

3.) while obviosly everyone here has heard of T.O for negative reasons, he was mature and didnt hurt the locker room at Buffalo

4.) Bradford needs a reliable go to target to get his confidence up

5.) since i have lived in New York i have seen him play in person while he may not be in his prime he has one if not the best work ethic in all of football and finally the opposing defenses cant only be focused on the run.

6.) finally and hopefully the rams will get more media attention,

i dont think this is a longterm deal but a one year deal could really help the rams if we can have a passing game to help compliment one if not the best back in the game we must take this "risk".
    Last edited by jackson3909; -07-26-2010 at 11:03 AM. Reason: typo

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Counterpoints...

Quote Originally Posted by jackson3909 View Post
    if we get Terrel owens there are mutiple positve effects.
    1.) his size and speed as a wide reciever will be greatly needed in the redzone somthing we the rams have been awful at scoring at in recent years
    He also drops the ball a lot.

2.) he streches the field for the offense, now defenders cant load up the box all the time vs jackson
    At his age, I don't know that he really stretches the field any more.

3.) while obviosly everyone here has heard of T.O for negative reasons, he was mature and didnt hurt the locker room at Buffalo
    We don't know that. We do know they didn't bring him back.

4.) Bradford needs a reliable go to target to get his confidence up
    He needs a reliable target WHO WILL STILL BE ON THE TEAM IN 2-3 YEARS.

5.) since i have lived in New York i have seen him play in person while he may not be in his prime he has one if not the best work ethic in all of football and finally the opposing defenses cant only be focused on the run.
    Again, I'm not sure he commands that much attention any more.

6.) finally and hopefully the rams will get more media attention,
    That's not the kind of attention the Rams need.

makersncoke is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    TO would make a wonderful addition, I bet when he catches a few TD passes you will all be cheering, DON"T LIE!!! If Rams get him I welcome TO. - Bottom line!
    Amen! Bottom line is if the Rams sign him and he catches some passes and turns out to be a mentor for some of the young guys everyone on here will be saying how great Spags/Devaney are for seeing this guy still had something left in the tank. If he signs here he'll be a Ram and I'll treat him like one!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Varg6 is offline Registered User

If Terrell Owens comes to the Rams, not T.O., I think he'll help hide the inexperience at WR. I hear what Av is saying about him not being a reliable target for 2-3 years but this one year could help our young WRs gain experience while not having the pressure of being that "Go To Guy." Meanwhile, Bradford will hopefully develop along with the other WRs. Let's face it, there's no veteran leadership at the WR position and that's something I feel Spags and Devaney want to remedy. I know he's had a bad past but if Spags/Devaney feel the risk is worth the reward then I'm all for it.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

JustinPoole is offline Registered User

First off, for those who have said things about TO maybe yelling at bradford to just give him the damn ball and maybe getting in the rookies head, do any of you think that SJ would really put up with that? This is not TO's team. I am sure that if Owens started to blast bradford in the huddle Jackson would put him in his place.

Secondly how can you not like this move on the field? Itll take a lot of the pressure off Jackson and Avery, making both of them better and in turn making the rest of the team better.

To's numbers have really not dropped off as much as Im sure most of you think they have, he could still be a legit number one on a lot of teams and adding him to the mix would help us immensely.

In this division, with owens added, no serious injuries, the defense improving from last year and mediocre QB play for the niners and cards and we could compete.

richtree is offline Registered User

Any Update today? Offer made ?

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by JustinPoole View Post
    First off, for those who have said things about TO maybe yelling at bradford to just give him the damn ball and maybe getting in the rookies head, do any of you think that SJ would really put up with that? This is not TO's team. I am sure that if Owens started to blast bradford in the huddle Jackson would put him in his place.
    Just like the ***** veterans put him in his place? Just like the Eagles veterans put him in his place? Just like the Cowboys veterans put him in his place?

Why assume Steven Jackson could do something no other strong veteran presence else has before?

Secondly how can you not like this move on the field? Itll take a lot of the pressure off Jackson and Avery, making both of them better and in turn making the rest of the team better.
    Maybe, maybe not. I'd point out that Lee Evans had career low numbers in receptions and yards playing opposite of T.O. And now we're talking about a T.O. that's a year older and a year slower. For as much good as Owens may be able to do on the field, who knows what kind of effect his locker room presence will have on our young players. They very well could be worse off for having him on the team.

The sad thing is he'd almost instantly be this team's #1 receiver, but that's more of a judgment about the question marks the Rams have at receiver rather than T.O.'s present talent.

To's numbers have really not dropped off as much as Im sure most of you think they have, he could still be a legit number one on a lot of teams and adding him to the mix would help us immensely.
    So legitimate that no one has touched him months into the offseason and the Bengals are the only other team expressing any public interest? I just can't buy this idea that legitimate top receivers are just sitting around at this point in free agency. People need to be realistic about why teams with big needs at receiver consistently pass on someone like T.O.

Furthermore, T.O.'s receptions have gone down every season for the last four years. His receiving yards have decreased steadily from 2007 to 2009, as have his touchdowns. Let's be clear - if T.O. joins the Rams, he's not joining a team anywhere near as good as the '04 Eagles or '07 Cowboys.

Fans who somehow believe T.O. could come here and have another 1100-1200 yard double-digit touchdown year are fooling themselves, IMO. His impact and production here will be a lot closer to what he achieved in Buffalo rather than what he achieved on the former NFC East contenders he played for.

In this division, with owens added, no serious injuries, the defense improving from last year and mediocre QB play for the niners and cards and we could compete.
    Yes, if we improve in all areas of the team while our opposition suffers setbacks at the most important positions, we could compete, with or without Owens. But that's usually not how it goes.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Im not expecting him to have a huge year, but Im fairly certain hed have a better year than anyone we currently have, and that Avery would have a better year not having to deal with other teams number one corners.

The Bills has a terrible offensive line and none of their qbs had time to throw the ball, to and evans drop off had a lot more to do with that then with their own skills.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

The Bills has a terrible offensive line and none of their qbs had time to throw the ball,
    Seems like you could replace Bills with Rams in that sentence.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

The Bills has a terrible offensive line and none of their qbs had time to throw the ball.
    So with the Rams O-line, Owens would be a star again .. right?

I fully expect the rams Oline to be vastly improved this year.

makersncoke is offline Registered User

Here's my thoughts on all this T.O. debate. How many people on this board last year said these words," Don't blame Bulger for the lack of offense, we don't have a reciever who can run a pro route, maybe next week we can get another one off the street and see what he can do." Are there any other free agents or have there been any who are salivating to come to a 1-15 team? IF he comes here and that's a big if, let's give him a chance, if we don't have much invested in him release him if he can't behave.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

TO off the Rams wish list, so let's put this thread where most here wish CLOSED!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

peramoure is offline Registered User

UGHHHHHHHHHHH Another season with the worst, least experienced offense in NFL history. Hooray.

The Rams are reportedly out of the T.O. race.

The St. Louis Post Dispatch reported Monday afternoon that St. Louis will not offer Terrell Owens, despite internal discussions of the possibility.

Fox Sports' Jay Glazer tweeted that the Rams will not go after Owens: "I am reporting that the Rams are NOT going to pursue signing T.O. They have decided to go a different direction. They are out of this."

That leaves the Cincinnati Bengals as the lone team actively pursuing Owens according to the lunchtime comments of team owner Mike Brown, who said that a decision on T.O. joining the Bengals was "up to him."

"We have interest. We are talking to him," Brown said according to Profootballtalk.com.

The Rams were thought to be in the bidding early Monday as ESPN.com reported that St. Louis has intensified discussions with the 36-year-old free agent and was expected to make an offer during the day.

-- Robert Klemko

ram1906 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ram1906 View Post
    Some humor to the situation...I got a bud who happens to be a Bungles fan. His quote to me was " Don't get too happy with ll the TO to the Rams talk in the media. Your team is the ugly girl the captain of the football team is using to make the pretty girl jealous"...All I could do is laugh...But truly digging under the surface, this may be the ploy being used to really getting TO what he wants - playing on a contender. In a market with only 2 bidders, hopefully the FO doesn't buy their ticket to the prom too early...LOL
    Guess the pretty girl got jealous enough to offer a contract....i didn't want to go to the prom anyway...LOL

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast