throwback week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Spagnuolo has no plans to play rookie Keith Null

Steve Spagnuolo has no plans to play rookie Keith Null
    Steve Korte
    12/7/2009
    Belleville News-Democrat

Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo quickly squashed any notion that he was considering playing rookie quarterback Keith Null.

Asked on Monday if he was thinking about playing Null, Spagnuolo gave a definitive one-word answer: “No.’’

Null, a sixth-round pick in the 2009 NFL Draft out of West Texas A&M, has served as the Rams’ backup quarterback behind starter Kyle Boller the last two games.

TheRammer Guest

Re: Spagnuolo has no plans to play rookie Keith Null

If Spags syas "no" then I support him....

makersncoke is offline Registered User

I trust Spags also, but after what we saw yesterday from Boller it makes you think that Null must be one notch above drooling on himself if Spags doesn't want to play him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TheRammer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by makersncoke View Post
    I trust Spags also, but after what we saw yesterday from Boller it makes you think that Null must be one notch above drooling on himself if Spags doesn't want to play him.
    lmao haha

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by makersncoke View Post
    Which makes me question why Null was kept instead of Brock Berlin, who started an NFL game and showed he could manage it.

In any case, Boller has been getting the snot knocked out of him lately and as someone else mentioned, his throwing motion did not look right against Chicago, so he may be hurt. I have not heard anything about an injured arm, but it makes me wonder about seeing Null sooner than later.

ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

I guess Spags still thinks Boller gives us the best chance to win?

A quick definitive "NO" cannot do much to bolster any confidence Null may have in his own ability.
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Which makes me question why Null was kept instead of Brock Berlin, who started an NFL game and showed he could manage it.

In any case, Boller has been getting the snot knocked out of him lately and as someone else mentioned, his throwing motion did not look right against Chicago, so he may be hurt. I have not heard anything about an injured arm, but it makes me wonder about seeing Null sooner than later.
    I assume it is because we hope Null can develop into a serviceable backup in the future, or at least a better option than Berlin.

Alternatively, Berlin was Linehan's guy, which probably was not a point in his favor.

itsguud is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsanddodgers View Post
    I guess Spags still thinks Boller gives us the best chance to win?

A quick definitive "NO" cannot do much to bolster any confidence Null may have in his own ability.

... wait.... We are still trying to win?

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

I was a firm proponent for not starting Null, simply for what Devaney said: it would not be fair to put the team in Null's hands, because Boller gives us a legitimate shot to win ...

However, the past two weeks have reaffirmed what many have said, and then some. Boller is easily one of the worst QB's I have ever seen. Strong arm? Hardly, he looks like a shot putter. Reminds me very much of Brad Johnson in regards to arm strength ...

Boller brings practically nothing to the table. He doesn't give us any realistic chance to win. He simply cannot move the ball downfield, I've never seen a QB with a worse case of happy feet ...

With that said, I don't see how starting Null could hurt at this point. Boller will be out of the league after this season ...

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I agree with Mike. Why not just stick Null on the practice squad if you aren't going to play him and insert Berlin as the #3? Was this another rookie HC/OC/FO mistake?

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    I agree with Mike. Why not just stick Null on the practice squad if you aren't going to play him and insert Berlin as the #3? Was this another rookie HC/OC/FO mistake?
    I honestly think bringing in Boller was the biggest mistake of all. He has none of the essential tools (quick release, accuracy, vision, touch) required to run the WCO. This move is on the front office ...

IMO, we would have been in much better shape with Berlin or a Gradkowski as the #2. Every time I saw Berlin in action he seemed to at least have a decent command on the team and offense, and was fairly accurate, and had enough arm strength to get the ball downfield. He is as also as mobile as Boller ...

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    I honestly think bringing in Boller was the biggest mistake of all. He has none of the essential tools (quick release, accuracy, vision, touch) required to run the WCO. This move is on the front office ...

IMO, we would have been in much better shape with Berlin or a Gradkowski as the #2. Every time I saw Berlin in action he seemed to at least have a decent command on the team and offense, and was fairly accurate, and had enough arm strength to get the ball downfield. He is as also as mobile as Boller ...
    It's pretty sad when we are lowered to debating whether to start Boller or Berlin!!! The 3 B's..Bulger, Boller & Berlin.....

Play Null.......If he doesn't have "it" this would be a sure fire way to find out. Why wait???

ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by itsguud View Post
    ... wait.... We are still trying to win?
    I would hope so, despite outward appearances.
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I thought Boller did a lot better than this in Baltimore. Do they use the west coast offense there?

I think he has skills. Perhaps he is rusty, perhaps he needs work on his technique, perhaps he needs the play caller to call plays that he can complete. I don't think he is as bad as he looks out there right now. In the beginning of the Seattle game he looked pretty good and he made some decent passes.

It will be interesting to see how spags handles this QB controversy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Diego Ram is offline Registered User

And He went to the U

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast