UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Spagnuolo - live chat now

He is doing a live chat with fans now. here is the link

NFL Live Chat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re: Spagnuolo - live chat now

I submitted a couple of questions. Will try to cut and paste the content in here when it is done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Head Coach Steve Spagnuolo, Stlouisrams.com
    Hello Rams fans, thanks for joining me today. Looking forward to answering your questions.
    Robert, Houston, Tx
    11:50 AM CT
    It's been stated that you got married at the Vatican. What role does your Christian faith play in your life and how do you apply it to the football field?
    My Christian faith is everything. It's the rock thqat helps me get through tough times and adversity. We had a lot of that this year. It will always be a part of my career and life.
    Devontrae , Fort Lauderdale, FL
    11:51 AM CT
    Hello coach Spags, I just wanted to congratulate you on coaching for the Rams and even though we didnt have much sucess this year I see a different team in the future. So my question is with all the turmoil that came this year how did you manage to keep your composure in the media and on the field? How did you influence the players to keep their composure in the media and on the field?
    My strong Christian belief and my belief in treating people the right way. I also think the character in our locker room allowed us to make it through a tough season.
    George "stlramz" Mavris, Crescent City, CA
    11:52 AM CT
    Can you comment on how Bradley Fletcher's rehabilitation is progressing. It looked to me like he was developing into a real quality player before that unfortunate injury? Thanks.
    I agree Bradley was progressing well as a player. He is working hard in rehab and we are optimistic that he will get back to the same status he was when he was injured.
    George "stlramz" Mavris, Crescent City, CA
    11:53 AM CT
    First, congratulations on taking over the Rams job (its a big one), you have come a long way from your time at Grafton High School. I go to a lot of games and notice that you are scribbling notes on a little pad throughout the game. Any chance you can share the types of things you are noting there?
    It's usually things I am afraid I will forget. It may involve anything and at the end of the game, I usually jot it down and bring it to my office.
    Anthony Fiato, Binghamton, NY
    11:53 AM CT
    Steve, what is your role in the decision making process with draft picks, free agents, and re-signing and releasing players?
    All of those decisions are made collectively between Billy and myself.
    Brian Hickey, Chicago, Illinois
    11:54 AM CT
    Coach, Who do you see as the clear cut leader of your football team? Also what is your favorite thing to do on off days or in the off season? Thanks
    We have a number of guys that have stepped forward to be leaders and I anticipate others will follow. It will be exciting to see who those guys are in the future. Sharing time with my wife.
    Curtis Filer, Saint Charles, MO
    11:55 AM CT
    What messege do you have for the fans to get them to come back and watch the team next season?
    Have faith in the way we have built the foundation to this point. Knowing that most of it is based on prior experience and proven to lead to success.
    Andrew May, Fort Myers FL
    11:56 AM CT
    I am sure glad to have a great coach leading the team back into contention. How does a Head Coaching position compare to being a Coordinater?
    Very similar only a lot more people who are relying on you to make decisions.
    Matt Osborne, Queen Creek, AZ
    11:57 AM CT
    Coach Spagnuolo, what were the most disappointing and most rewarding experiences you had in your first year as head coach? Thanks.
    Although the record didn't reflect it, there were many rewarding experiences, especially the way the team came together within the locker room.
    Joel Henriksen, Nebraska
    11:58 AM CT
    I would love to get into some sort of coaching profession as an adult. What is some advice you would give to me?
    Come in contact with as many people and coaches involved in the sport as possible and show them how passionate you are about the profession. Best of luck to you.
    Matt Osborne, Queen Creek, AZ
    11:59 AM CT
    Coach Spagnuolo, I really like the direction you have the Rams headed in and I believe you have laid a solid foundation this year, as you have stated. How do you now build upon that, and more importantly, start seeing success on the field? Thanks.
    We evaluate everything and make improvements. We hope to add new players who will help us be successful and stay confident in the way we have built it to this point.
    Scott, Philly
    12:01 PM CT
    Having watched the Eagles over the years, I fully expected more blitzing this year then what I saw. Did you blitz less than you prefer and if so was it due to a lack of personel? Or am I underestimating the amount of blitzing that did take place? Also, what area on defense do you feel needs the biggest infusion of talent?
    Sometimes the game dictates that you not blitz as much as you anticipated. But pressure defense will always be a part of what we do.
    Ken Morrisey, Los Angeles
    12:03 PM CT
    Although great teams are well balanced they all seem to have "an identity". The Steelers have a great defense, the Saints can score, and the Colts can make the last minute drive. What "identity" would you like the Rams to have?
    A team that plays physical and aggressive in all three phases of the game and plays for one another.
    Josh Kaestner, Sec 454 Row D Seats15-16
    12:05 PM CT
    Coach-I hope you and the organization realize there thousands of PSL holders that are willing to stick this thing out. You all are doing things the right way and we believe in your vision. Are there any young players (1st or 2nd year guys) that most fans may not be familiar with that really impressed you and could become more than serviceable NFL players. What about any of the street FA's or guys taken from other practice rosters? Thanks for your time and good luck this offseason!
    All of our draft picks with the exception of one gained valuable experience. Due to a fine personnel staff, we were able to add good young talent to our roster such as Danny Amendola and Brandon Gibson.
    M.D, Finland
    12:07 PM CT
    If you could spend 1 week somewhere in the world with your family, where would it be? PS you have done a great job with the team even if we are 1-15. You have won over the fan base! Thanks
    I would probably go back to Italy and visit places I was unable to go to five years ago when I visited the first time.
    Joe, Fenton, MO
    12:09 PM CT
    In determining a draft pick, what do you think is more important, tape or measurables?
    It's always a combination of both.
    Ron, Wisconsin
    12:11 PM CT
    Hi Coach, Thanks for being the man you are with your faith and family life. Being a father of 7 and a strong Catholic, I happy to see you coaching the Rams. Could you elaborate some on where you see the overall talent level of the team. Are we real short in some areas or do you fell the foundation is there for a bright future.
    I do think the future is bright. As with all NFL teams this time of year, we will certainly make any and all moves that we think will improve our chances of success in 2010.
    Nick, Ohio
    12:12 PM CT
    Are you friends with Dick Vermeil???? Has he ever been to practice, or been invited to be around the team. A lot of life-long Rams fans hold a special place in our hearts for coach Vermeil....and was just wondering if he is still welcomed around the guys.
    I have a great deal of respect for Coach Vermeil. He is always welcome here at Rams Park. I think very highly of him.
    William Dillingham , South East Missouri
    12:13 PM CT
    Why did you choose to come and coach the St. Louis Rams? Also, how do you like St. Louis?
    I very much enjoyed the people and was convinced this was a great place for my wife and I. We love the city of St. Louis and look forward to spending more time in the area getting to know St. Louis and the people in the offseason.
    Chuck, St. Charles
    12:15 PM CT
    Hey Coach, Do you have a relationship with Cardinals manager Tony LaRussa? Do you ever talk with him during the season?
    I just spoke to him yesterday. I have a great deal of respect for Coach LaRussa. He is a tremendous resource and I look forward to visiting with him in the near future.
    Chris, Buffalo
    12:16 PM CT
    Sup Spags, You have coached along side a lot of great coaches. Who do you think is the best coach you have worked with and who's coaching philosophy have you interpreted most into yours?
    I was blessed to work for two of the best in the business: Andy Reid and Tom Coughlin. I have meshed both philosophies continuously.
    Justice, Bakersfield, CA
    12:19 PM CT
    Coach, First of all, I want to say that I think you have done a great job instilling a positive vision with the team. That said, teams change every year or they will never improve. Are you excited for another opportunity to reevaluate the roster and continue to build on what you've begun with the type of players you feel can improve the Rams in 2010? Any potential pals from days past that you have your eye on? (C'mon I had to ask!)
    This time of year is always exciting as we evaluate our own roster and other players in anticipation of becoming a better team.
    Robert, Columbus, Ohio
    12:20 PM CT
    Hi Steve, First of all I want to commend you for sticking with your development plan this year. I am one of those fans who knows that it takes time to get your system fully in gear. We didn't have all the wheels to get rolling but you stuck with the plan regardless of the talent level. I was pleased with the teams resolve even in losing because the effort was there with those who were available to play. My question to you: How pleased were you with the play of Laurinitas this season and how important is it to you to get an outside linebacker to help him develop even further?
    James did a solid job this year at a position that usually takes a number of years. However, James was able to play his position well and function as the signal caller on defense.
    Sam Shasteen, St Louis
    12:21 PM CT
    Hey Steve, thanks for reading my question, I hope you'll answer at least one of them. 1: How do you feel about the nickname 'Spags'? 2: What player surprised you the most this year? (in a good way or bad way) 3: With one year of head coaching under your belt, what's the biggest lesson you learned that will improve your approach the most next season?
    I'm kind of used to that nickname after 50 years.
    Cheryl Krystoff , Fairmont City, IL
    12:22 PM CT
    Hello Coach Spags: What do you look for during the end of season evaluations of your players and coaching staff? Thank you for your time!!
    Player production is very important. In all areas, we are always evaluating reliability, dependability and team first mentality.
    Andy Waldo, Hope, Indiana
    12:23 PM CT
    Hey Coach, I was just wondering what the typical day in an NFL front office would be like...such as how many hours you guys work watching film, etc... Thanks, and go get 'em next year!!
    There are a lot of hours and it's a tremendous amount of work. But when you love what you do and have a passion for the people you work with, those hours go by quickly.
    J. Peter Ross, St. Louis, MO
    12:27 PM CT
    After your first year coaching in st. louis, and your many years coaching in on the east coast, did you notice any huge differences between the east coast teams and the midwest? I am looking forward to this offseason, and next season, keep the faith, as I know you will. I was really impressed with your work ethic and your foundation you have set even with all the setbacks this season.
    Thank you for the kind words. We do believe we are doing it the right way and look forward to reaping the benefits of our efforts in the future.

#
    J. Peter Ross, St. Louis, MO
    12:27 PM CT
    After your first year coaching in st. louis, and your many years coaching in on the east coast, did you notice any huge differences between the east coast teams and the midwest? I am looking forward to this offseason, and next season, keep the faith, as I know you will. I was really impressed with your work ethic and your foundation you have set even with all the setbacks this season.
    Thank you for the kind words. We do believe we are doing it the right way and look forward to reaping the benefits of our efforts in the future.
    #
    Roger J Fuhrman, Minneapolis, MN
    12:29 PM CT
    I have been an avid Rams fan since the mid 70's. I have to admit, I admire your management style. I make it a point to attend at least one Rams game per year. Although, the economy has not been assisting me in my travel expenses, at least I can plan in advance and save. My question to you is, during the off season - how do you plan on continuing to make certain the players and all staff keep the momentum going in to 2010 year? Keep up the great work. I appreciate watching you congratulating the players and keeping the positive team building!
    I have complete confidence in the players and coaches that they will stay the course, stay together and continue to work as hard as they have been in the previous year.
    #
    It's been a pleasure visiting with you all. Thank you for the insightful questions. Sorry I was unable to get to them all. Keep the faith, know that we are working every day on your behalf to ensure that you have a team to be proud of.
    Last edited by UtterBlitz; -01-07-2010 at 02:33 PM. Reason: added the end posts
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Is this guy ever going to answer a football question that is thrown at him? All I got out of this is that he is religious, likes to spend time with his wife and is used to his nickname of SPAGS after 50 years.

I know he can't name names but sheeesh answer the questions!!!!

He must have been the dodgeball champ in elementry school.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

lol if you notice, they ALL do that in those sessions. At least the management/coaches do. You tend to get more "real" answers from the players although they as well do not name names

I asked three questions and none of mine were picked. It does seem that they picked questions and answers that are vague and don't really say much about football or the direction that the Rams are headed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Billy D gives more away tho he just like Spags is too classy to say..so-so is out of the club house etc....so really its just a case of trying to read between the lines of what they saying..with Billy D that is sometimes possible...with Spags its like trying to get past Pace in his prime...just aint gonna happen!

i did find it quite funny that he answered one question per person on every question...even tho several askes multiple questions.

Spags & Rex Ryan remind me of Montgomery & Patton in WWII...
    both great leaders of men but whilst Ryan is like Patton parading around like a strutting peacock (albeit a peacock that looks like he`ll have a cardiac arrest at any moment..),telling everyone who will listen what he`s gonna do to the enemy etc...and in some cases making battles that may not need to take place.
    Spags is like Monty,has been in the game a while longer,more battle experience etc..has just as much confidence as Ryan but in more of a calm steely reserve kinda way...doesnt feel the need to put on a show for the cameras to show it...but his men will see it and respond to it..and in the long run thats all that matters.