Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BM_Face is offline Registered User

Spagnuolo told wife: We're not talking to Harbaughs again

Marc Sessler NFL.com
    ∑ Published: Sept. 27, 2011 at 09:46 a.m

Three straight defeats for the Rams have been made worse for coach Steve Spagnuolo in that each drubbing was dished out by an old friend.

Coaches Andy Reid, Tom Coughlin and John Harbaugh -- all close associates of Spagnuolo -- have outscored St. Louis by a combined 60 points in the first three weeks of the season.
    After the Ravens didn't shy away from running up the score in Sunday's 37-7 drubbing, Spagnuolo put any future get-togethers with the Harbaughs on ice.

According to The Associated Press, when Spagnuolo got home Sunday night, he instructed his wife Maria, "We're not ever talking to them again."

Spagnuolo backed off that stance Monday, acknowledging that losing to friends is part of the business.

"Let me tell you something: John Harbaugh's a competitor now. So I know that in him," Spagnuolo said. "I've got no problem with it. I did feel one way yesterday, but I calmed down and looked at it."

Even if it was Mrs. Spagnuolo who calmed her husband down, we hope the Rams coach understands the primary reason for Sunday's lopsided loss: the Ravens are, well, more talented and scored easily on a defense that ranks 31st in the league. Heading into this season, St. Louis was viewed as one of the league's hot, young teams -- but less than a month in, it's only Spagnuolo's seat that's heating up.

A defeated look of consternation, dissappointment, or even pain. The name derives from the look one often gets when challenged by a large BM.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Spagnuolo told wife: We're not talking to Harbaughs again

It's not Harbaugh's job to keep the Rams in the game.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RamFan_Til_I_Die is online now Registered User

How the heck did they find out something he said to his wife at home? That's kinda creepy.

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

I could understand him being a little pissed with the completely stupid challenge late in the game and still airing it out with Flaco in the game with 2 minutes to go. Just for losing though? No.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    How the heck did they find out something he said to his wife at home? That's kinda creepy.
    I was thinking the same thing. This is a really weird article.

rob6465 is offline Registered User

Are you kidding me? When we play the way we played last sunday, we need to get get embarassed that bad. Maybe Coach Spags needs to remind his team of the score and how they played. I like Coach Spags but he needs to get this team playing like an NFL team or there goes the door.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by rob6465 View Post
    Are you kidding me? When we play the way we played last sunday, we need to get get embarassed that bad. Maybe Coach Spags needs to remind his team of the score and how they played. I like Coach Spags but he needs to get this team playing like an NFL team or there goes the door.
    I thought Harbaugh needlessly kept his foot on the gas pedal, especially in the last few minutes of the game, long after the outcome was decided. IMO, that was uncalled for and showed a lack of class. My guess is he would not like it if it happened to him.

That said, I agree with what you said here. Getting embarrassed can, and should be a wake up call to the entire team, from top to bottom. If they don't want it to happen again, it's time to show some fight.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Did you see Ray Lewis' on the sideline? Harbaugh CAN'T turn off the motor.
    Last edited by live4ramin; -09-28-2011 at 02:45 PM.
    Tell me when it's over,

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

No, Spags needs to talk to the Harbaughs more to pick their brains, and learn what it takes to prepare a football team to win a football game every week.

I have absolutely no problem with the Ravens or any other team running up the score. If a team is piling on points and looking for touchdowns late in a game, and the other team can't stop it, tough. This is professional football. You're paid to perform and if you can't, oh well. That includes the Rams. They're all Pro's, no one is going to just give them a pass because they stink.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

I can still remember when we RAMS were criticized for the same thing; and we scored in the fourties and fifties.
    Tell me when it's over,

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fettmaster View Post
    No, Spags needs to talk to the Harbaughs more to pick their brains, and learn what it takes to prepare a football team to win a football game every week.

I have absolutely no problem with the Ravens or any other team running up the score. If a team is piling on points and looking for touchdowns late in a game, and the other team can't stop it, tough. This is professional football. You're paid to perform and if you can't, oh well. That includes the Rams. They're all Pro's, no one is going to just give them a pass because they stink.
    Exact same thing I'm thinking. There not here to play nice and be kind. Its pro football. If there tossing 80 yard td's on the last play of the game, then so be it. Stop them.

sonnyjames is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Exact same thing I'm thinking. There not here to play nice and be kind. Its pro football. If there tossing 80 yard td's on the last play of the game, then so be it. Stop them.
    Same here - especially coming off the Titans defeat the week before, they had to be in this game from the first second to the last. It's our job to fight them, not complain because they're beating us up. No arguments here.

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Put up...or shut up.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

Flippin' Ram is online now Registered User

Harbaugh had every right to stay foot on the gas pedal, it's obviously a wake up call for this team to wake up. Spags to some degree deserved to be shown the lack of respect on the late second half when he wasn't making adequate halftime adjustments as well as when Flacco was taking shots to Torrey Smith.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

They know what Spags said because he talked about it in the press conference the next day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast