Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Is Spags getting a fair shake from us?

UK Ramfan 83 is offline Registered User

Re: Is Spags getting a fair shake from us?

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    It's been a really bad year, Spags and Billy are both taking a lot if heat. Stan however is getting a pass for now. But when the season is over, we are going to see what type of owner we have. Does he clean house and have a plan to restructure, move quickly and bring top tier football people in? Does he stand pat on Spags and Billy for another season? In three weeks we will get to vent on silent Stan for awhile... i for one can't wait to see what direction he takes us.
    ..He will probably sell the team.

Fastcat is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    For those of the belief that Spags was "forced" into hiring McD you are wrong. Jeff Gordon over at STLToday said the hire was Spags idea in a chat on Monday.
    We can go on an on about this forever but do you really think spags or any coach in history for that matter would say "no, i never wanted to hire that guy"? Hell no, it dont work like that. Spags also had a press conference after the hire saying that was his guy all alone... Bullcrap....
    Last edited by Fastcat; -12-16-2011 at 10:01 AM.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    For those of the belief that Spags was "forced" into hiring McD you are wrong. Jeff Gordon over at STLToday said the hire was Spags idea in a chat on Monday.
    IF this is the truth, and I think it is because Ive heard it from another source as well. It's tells me, that surprisingly, Spags is not as as conservative as Ive been thinking.? I think their is a little bit more to this man, than I first thought. ?

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fastcat View Post
    We can go on an on about this forever but do you really think spags or any coach in history for that matter would say "no, i never wanted to hire that guy"? Hell no, it dont work like that. Spags also had a press conference after the hire saying that was his guy all alone... Bullcrap....
    Dick Vermiel and Mike Martz were childhood friends prior to being together too.

In truth, there seemed to be some friction there, that didn't really materialize until the SB win. And it was exacerbated by management and resulted in Vermeil leaving. I think Martz was a management hire not a Vermeil hire. And I think the McD hiring was mostly likely in the same mold.

At least that is what I am choosing to believe. :-)
    Semper Fi!

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fastcat View Post
    ...He never openly said it, its coming from people inside Rams Park.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123