laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Spags and his coaching staff....

After being manhandled at home (no less) by the KC Chiefs in the biggest (playoff implications) game of the season. Spags and his staff have a very tough challenge in front of them. Has the air been let out of our teams balloon?
    Will they bounce back against the hated Whiners? Because of the rivalry our RAMS have with the Whiners this game will be under the microscope like no other this season.

Spags and his staff need to make alot of changes. The pressure is on our offense. We have to stay on the field longer when possessing the ball. The rest of the league has caught onto the Bradford train and how to slow it down.

ONE WORD:

ADJUSTMENTS!!!!!

GO RAMS!!!!

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Re: Spags and his coaching staff....

What are these...adjust....adj..adjustments, you speak of?

I don't think I've seen any in two weeks.

shower beers is offline Registered User

agreed. We need to be creative and have confidence in our players to get it done. Our defense alone is not yet dominant enough to rely on for wins. We have to go out there and score. Then, keep scoring.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Spags has been a mixed bag. He has undoubtedly helped change the culture there, has rid the team of malcontents and underachievers and has exceeded won-loss expectations in year two. He has fostered a positive atmosphere in St. Louis. And his mark is starting to be made on the defensive side of the football, as you'd expect. He appears to be both liked and respected. He must be given credit for these things.

On the flip side, his game management and (lack of) adjustments at various stages of the game in a variety of areas is still a concern. The Rams will show creativity and ingenuity early in some of these games, then inexplicably get vanilla. How much of this is Spags and how much is Shurmur? Is Spags a guy who can get better? I really don't know. I like the guy, but in my mind the jury is still out on him as a head coach.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post

On the flip side, his game management and (lack of) adjustments at various stages of the game in a variety of areas is still a concern. The Rams will show creativity and ingenuity early in some of these games, then inexplicably get vanilla. How much of this is Spags and how much is Shurmur? Is Spags a guy who can get better? I really don't know. I like the guy, but in my mind the jury is still out on him as a head coach.
    The issue in my mind is like you said. "The RAMS will show creativity and ingenuity early in some of these games, then inexplicably get vanilla".
    In our most recent loss to the Chiefs this was never more apparent. We didn't go vanilla. The Chiefs made quick adjustments on the fly and we didn't change our gameplan. Our lack of adjustments to their adjustments is what bothers me.

Our coaching staff from the top down needs to wake-up and smell the coffee.

GO RAMS!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

The Rams will show creativity and ingenuity early in some of these games, then inexplicably get vanilla.
    For all the positives you mentioned, this one trait is truly odd. You're right.....one minute the offense moves at will, then suddenly goes cold as ice, and worst yet....equally predictable.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Agreed, at least offensively. It's tough to judge yesterday's game, defensively, because it was a reminder of last year: Inept offense=tired defense. We had the Chiefs in check for awhile, what happened? I'm not saying we shouldn't question Spags, because I certainly agree that it's been bizarre, to say the least, however it comes down to players not making plays. There were a few times in this ball game, if I'm not mistaken, that we could've had an interception (there's at least one I can think of). We can't blame Spags for the lack of pressure our D-line is providing, either. When we need playmakers the most, in the most critical of times during the game, that's when we've been unable to succeed.

Nonetheless, adjustments have been few and far between this entire year. It makes you wonder.

P.S. I think we are discussing a W had it not been for the excessive amounts of penalties we had this game. We are a team, like I said, that doesn't have that many playmakers; therefore we must play near-perfect games.
    Last edited by Varg6; -12-20-2010 at 03:33 PM.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

Get these guys a snickers bar, They are playing like Betty White out there!!!!!!