Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Special Teams

general counsel is offline Registered User

Special Teams

While i am one of the leading proponents on this board of not drawing conclusions too quickly, especially based on practice and a pre season game or two, i will say that i really do believe that our special teams are going to be materially better this year. The focus that we placed on acquiring personnel in the off season is really going to pay off in this regard and please, lets not talk about why this didnt occur to martz/front office sooner at least in this thread.

I remember bobby april saying "These are the kind of decisions you make in february - june, not the kind of stuff that practices will change all that much" He was of course referring to signing good special teams players, especially when you are reluctant, with good reason, to expose your starters.

I appreciate that a pop warner team would look better on special teams than our team last year, but i do have a good feeling about it. I also like the reviews that Liggy is getting on the coaching side.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Special Teams

Michael Stone may just wind up being the MVP of this team when it's all said and done this year.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I remember bobby april saying "These are the kind of decisions you make in february - june, not the kind of stuff that practices will change all that much
    April was correct as Buffalo's special teams showed last season. I like Martz, but he was behind the curve on this one until now. So far everything seems to be falling into place for a revamped ST. All the right things are being said, the right personnel are in place on-and-off the field.

It may be a difference maker. Martz picked a mighty fine (contract) year to grasp the full picture of what a football team needs to be.

Can't help but be excited.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RamsFan16 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    Michael Stone may just wind up being the MVP of this team when it's all said and done this year.
    Your kidding right?

majorram is offline Registered User

I agree GC, we finally might have an Special teams unit that doesn't put the fear of god up us every time they step onto the field...the punter still concerns me though but I'm sure that Barker will win that battle!!! for once, Martz has turned his attention to just, how important ST are!!!

steve:clanram:

NFLTopGun is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    Your kidding right?
    I hope so LOL
    :clanram: DIE HARD RAMS' FAN!

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    Your kidding right?

Why would I be? What has been the most unproductive side of the Rams for awhile? Special Teams. Who may have the most impact on Speciat Teams this year? Michael Stone. RamsFan16, you were one of the very few who were crying about the loss of Dwight Anderson right? Dwight Anderson, who's claim to fame was taunting Seahawk fans after a game I don't think he played a down in. And you are asking me if I'm kidding?

bison is right. It feels better knowing the season is about to start and I can become tx again.
    Last edited by txramsfan; -08-18-2005 at 01:54 PM.

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    ... i will say that i really do believe that our SpecialEd teams are going to be materially better this year.
    "Fresh air and innocence are good if you don't take too much of them." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

general counsel is offline Registered User

Adarian, the range of your knowledge is beyond impressive. Pulling oliver wendell holmes out of the old buttocks to make a football analogy. You are truly one of the great assets on this board and one of the reasons its so much fun here.

Ramming speed to you and your family,

louis brandeis

coy bacon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    Adarian, the range of your knowledge is beyond impressive. Pulling oliver wendell holmes out of the old buttocks to make a football analogy. You are truly one of the great assets on this board and one of the reasons its so much fun here.

Ramming speed to you and your family,

louis brandeis

As one who lost a "mandate" for humor, to the top batsman in the league I must second what GC says. Adarian, you've been gone far too long, and it sounds terrible without you.

I laughed at your quote, it was so good.

No, Stone doesn't have a prayer in winning our MVP.

No, I have little hope other than, "you can only look up from the bottom" for improvement for our ST. I guess I'm jaded. I'll taste the pudding please.

Woe unto me, I keep envisioning Bulger hitting for many sixes and batting for a century and I get excited and hopeful. I don't want to be let down, but in my gut, I think he's going to kick some serious butt this year. I think, (barring any unforseen injury), that he's going to get the recognition due him.

Dvdb Guest

I said last night, this year Special Teams may not win us any games, but I don't think they will lose us any, either.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Welcome aboard Dvdb.

A new attitude from Martz with an emphesis on improvement, a new special teams coach that is already showing some fire, free agents and draft picks brought in with proven records for excelling in the special teams area should all make a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Dvdb
    I said last night, this year Special Teams may not win us any games, but I don't think they will lose us any, either.
    Welcome to the ClanRam Dvdb, hope you post often and enjoy yourself

psycho9985 Guest

DVDb welcome to the Clantastic

RealRam is offline Registered User

Welcome to ClanRam Dave/ dvdb! :football: Enjoy...

Glad you joined and I look forward to your posts! "GO SPECIAL TEAMS!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast