sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Speculation on tomorrow's game

I actually believe our WR's will look very good tomorrow. We have a plethora of WR's. The Giants are short on CB's and just like the Redskins I believe we will exploit that weakness. We have a lot of guys that can get open, and trust me they wont keep dropping the ball.

I believe tomorrow we come out firing on all cylinders and we grind out a W.

LETS GO RAMS!

swatter555 is offline Registered User

Re: Speculation on tomorrow's game

I personally think our WRs are not very good, but I would like to be proven wrong. We just don't have anyone (yet) that we can count on to make that big catch or even to consistently get open. The Rams worked on other problem areas during the off-season (and frankly we didn't have much to choose from) and neglected the WR unit. I don't have a problem with that, but I think we as fans need to recognize where our weakness are.

General predictions for the game? I don't know, I honestly don't know what to expect from the Rams yet. I wouldn't be suprised if we won by two touchdowns or were blown out. I think we are going to learn alot of things this week.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

It's the first game of the season and everyone's already counting out our receivers just because they played with butter on their hands... Relax, we have 15 games to go before we're so quick to judge with them being terrible and all. Remember, these guys (mainly the rookies) had little to no time for TC and the consequence of that was being unable to handle the speed of a regular NFL season game. I'm hoping their learning curve is as steep as the Himalayas so that they can live up to their expectations of catching and running quality routes.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

I feel a lot better about our receivers after watching the Eagles-Falcons game.

I know the Eagles lost but their secondary held Matt Ryan to 195 yards. Held Roddy White to 23 yards.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by swatter555 View Post
    The Rams worked on other problem areas during the off-season (and frankly we didn't have much to choose from) and neglected the WR unit.
    While the Rams might have acquired any world beaters at the position, they did attempt and upgrade through the draft and free agency. It might not have been to your liking, but to say they neglected the position is just incorrect.

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctious View Post
    I feel a lot better about our receivers after watching the Eagles-Falcons game.

I know the Eagles lost but their secondary held Matt Ryan to 195 yards. Held Roddy White to 23 yards.
    What The Falcons did vs Philly that The Rams didn't was punish their safeties and LBs with the tight end.Gonzalez had a huge impact. Not having Uh-Oh and Kendricks' nervous debut loom large in my mind. I also feel better about the O-line, esp Saffold. Trent Cole is a monster. No wonder they didn't roll Sam out vs that "wide nine" look; he might not have survived. Vick didn't run as much but it looked like could have & he ran effectively & moved outside so fast that it really doesn't close down the field like it does for other QBs; the defense simply can't react fast enough. Young Kafka did well but Philly looks like a different team without Vick to hide that O-line. DeSean got dinged as well. The dream may already be fading....bummer...hehehe....

All in all, I think it bodes well for a competitive performance tomorrow.

And let's not forget that the rest of the NFCW lost. Never too early to bank a win & keep pace with the division. I was high-fivin' cowboy fans all over SF this evening & quietly enjoyed all the grim Whiner fans shuffling around dejectedly.

bltkmt is offline Registered User

I live in CT, and see plenty of the Giants...we can beat this team. They are not that good, other than their front defensive line. Manning still makes some stupid mistakes. I am hoping our WRs step up and give us some hope for the season.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post

All in all, I think it bodes well for a competitive performance tomorrow.

And let's not forget that the rest of the NFCW lost. Never too early to bank a win & keep pace with the division. I was high-fivin' cowboy fans all over SF this evening & quietly enjoyed all the grim Whiner fans shuffling around dejectedly.

I hope we do have a competitive game tonight and Rams represent themselves well. I am not sure at this point given what I saw last week. Artlanta looked much better then Rams.....

Whiners are not pushovers, Harbaugh has team playig well, they should have won yesterday. Their d will give us problems when we meet. NFC West continues to be wide open for someone to take control.

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    I hope we do have a competitive game tonight and Rams represent themselves well. I am not sure at this point given what I saw last week. Artlanta looked much better then Rams.....

Whiners are not pushovers, Harbaugh has team playig well, they should have won yesterday. Their d will give us problems when we meet. NFC West continues to be wide open for someone to take control.
    Another great example of how subjective these things are. I thought The Rams D compared pretty favorably with Atlanta's. The Philly game plan had Vick going after their secondary from the pocket a lot more but the rush pressure still was less intense. Vick moved the ball at will early on. Atl started to pile on the punishment later & it was bizarre to see Reid stick with Vick as a pocket passer. I think it may cost him the dream season if Vick is out for a while.

I will agree that the ATL DTs were more effective at getting inside pressure. Absolutely LOLed when MV got pummeled & fumbled in the RZ & the ATL DE rumbled the other way. Payback's a female dog... I think maybe Philly fooled themselves into believing their O-line really didn't suck because of Vick's Houdini act last week. Ooopss...

And is it really surprising that Ryan & co are a better RZ offense 3-4 yrs into their scheme than The Rams are after one game, esp with no SJ and a raw TE instead of a future HOFer at his sharpest ?

I think you might be overestimating Dallas. That was a feeble bit of defense in OT by The Whiners. Romo coming up big at the end of a game isn't something you see every day.

Another great example of how subjective these things are. I thought The Rams D compared pretty favorably with Atlanta's. The Philly game plan had Vick going after their secondary from the pocket a lot more but the rush pressure still was less intense. Vick moved the ball at will early on. Atl started to pile on the punishment later & it was bizarre to see Reid stick with Vick as a pocket passer. I think it may cost him the dream season if Vick is out for a while.

I will agree that the ATL DTs were more effective at getting inside pressure. Absolutely LOLed when MV got pummeled & fumbled in the RZ & the ATL DE rumbled the other way. Payback's a female dog... I think maybe Philly fooled themselves into believing their O-line really didn't suck because of Vick's Houdini act last week. Ooopss...

And is it really surprising that Ryan & co are a better RZ offense 3-4 yrs into their scheme than The Rams are after one game, esp with no SJ and a raw TE instead of a future HOFer at his sharpest ?

I think you might be overestimating Dallas. That was a feeble bit of defense in OT by The Whiners. Romo coming up big at the end of a game isn't something you see every day.

From my perspective, the Rams simply were not ready last week. Fundamentals were sorely lacking across board, a BIG spags focus. Rams D whiffed (figuratively and literally) on letting Vick run loose for 98 yards. And perhaps the Vick pocket scheme was more of the adjustment made by Atlanta then gameplan from Reid. Imagine, keep Vick in pocket and make him throw football to try to beat you. Brilliant.

That game was there for SF to take, thank goodness Dallas found way to win but I still stand by my comment, SF D will give Rams tough test. That SF loss was huge, give a team like the Whiners hope with new coach can be very uplifting.

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    From my perspective, the Rams simply were not ready last week. Fundamentals were sorely lacking across board, a BIG spags focus. Rams D whiffed (figuratively and literally) on letting Vick run loose for 98 yards. And perhaps the Vick pocket scheme was more of the adjustment made by Atlanta then gameplan from Reid. Imagine, keep Vick in pocket and make him throw football to try to beat you. Brilliant.

That game was there for SF to take, thank goodness Dallas found way to win but I still stand by my comment, SF D will give Rams tough test. That SF loss was huge, give a team like the Whiners hope with new coach can be very uplifting.
    Again, we saw it differently. ATL didn't keep MV in the pocket,imo; he CHOSE to stay there. Looked very much to me that he COULD have run more & very effectively moved from side to side to buy time & look downfield.Either they didn't respect the ATL rush as much as Spags' unit or, as I said, they overestimated their O-line. Not exhausting the ATL D-line by forcing them to chase Vick all over the place for 3 quarters was a huge mistake,imo. Fatigue, not a lack of fundamentals, caused the 4th Q collapse by The Rams D,imo.

ATL also didn't have the in-game injuries that The Rams did. This time the bug bit Philly.

I agree that Alex Smith had one of his more effective days & their front seven remains formidable. That Whiner team has also had the pass catcher weapons for a while now & a healthy Gore makes a big difference but Smith is unlikely to keep that up & Gore won't stay healthy. Totally agree that the loss will be one that The Whiners may deeply regret later in the season, just like The Rams let a couple go early last year that came back to haunt them.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I actually believe our WR's will look very good tomorrow. We have a plethora of WR's. The Giants are short on CB's and just like the Redskins I believe we will exploit that weakness. We have a lot of guys that can get open, and trust me they wont keep dropping the ball.

I believe tomorrow we come out firing on all cylinders and we grind out a W.

LETS GO RAMS!
    The Rams Receiving corp has much to prove since their less than effecient performance on openning day. A balanced attack by the Rams offense will be the key, if they're to be successful against the Giants.
    Mixing in the ground game, with the reliable Cadillac Williams and Norwood, plus a more focused and surehanded Air attack in succeeding the task.
    Speculations should mostly focus on Sam Bradford.
    Will he be able to lead the Rams, on the road, playing through pain, in primetime knowing last week was not one of his better showings.

Sam can learn alot from Matt Ryan's masterfully lead comeback win against the Eagles, Sunday night.
    Ryan's execution of run and pass plays for the Falcons were vital in keeping the Philadelphia defense hopelessly off balanced while getting the win.

Sam's performance was shaky at best against Philly. I speculate that Bradford wants to prove that he can put on a better show that last week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Again, we saw it differently. ATL didn't keep MV in the pocket,imo; he CHOSE to stay there. Looked very much to me that he COULD have run more & very effectively moved from side to side to buy time & look downfield.Either they didn't respect the ATL rush as much as Spags' unit or, as I said, they overestimated their O-line. Not exhausting the ATL D-line by forcing them to chase Vick all over the place for 3 quarters was a huge mistake,imo. Fatigue, not a lack of fundamentals, caused the 4th Q collapse by The Rams D,imo.

ATL also didn't have the in-game injuries that The Rams did. This time the bug bit Philly.

I agree that Alex Smith had one of his more effective days & their front seven remains formidable. That Whiner team has also had the pass catcher weapons for a while now & a healthy Gore makes a big difference but Smith is unlikely to keep that up & Gore won't stay healthy. Totally agree that the loss will be one that The Whiners may deeply regret later in the season, just like The Rams let a couple go early last year that came back to haunt them.
    Fundamanetals were loacking last week imo penalities, mistackles, dropped passes etc)
    In Ram Philly game I sw at least 5 mis tackles whereby we had Phi player dead to rights but we let them escape. This greatly aided the death spiral, imo. Giving them all of those 3rd down conversions (8-12) was unacceptable amd wore down the defense more then anything. Three and outs are good to have and hopefully we start to see some!

I am a firm believer that pressure on a scrambling QB like Vick plays into his hand. While it can be great for pocket passer, a scrambling QB will run all over that type of strategy, hence 98 yards. Tonight, against Manning presuure should work nicely.

I think you are right about Gore and Smith. although, I do have much respect for Harbaugh and see him as a viable force to reckon with. Should make for a fun year.