RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Sport Illustrated Ranks the Rams #3!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ngs/index.html

Yes you heard me right, in today's Power Ranking out by Dr. Z at SI, he ranked us #3 behind the #1 Steelers and #2 Ravens. Very interesting. While as a Ram fan this makes me proud, it makes us more visible than I wanted to be. I like the underdog role, but I guess after smacking around the Broncos people took notice. Yes I know Dr Z is a little wacky, but at least someone is giving us some props.

Here are some quotes:
    "#3 St. Louis Rams (1-0). Yes, they beat the Broncos with defense. It works this way. You replace one of the league's worst defensive coaches with one of the best, Jim Haslett, and this is what happens. No, I won't mention the name of the former. I was on his case too much already last year."

Now the contradiction that makes no sense (Dr Z is a self proclaimed whiner fan btw) : "#25 San Francisco ***** (0-1). They'll be in a lot of shootouts this year. Their offense shows life. Their defense gives up ground. I think they'll outscore St. Louis in San Francisco on Sunday, and that comes from the same intrepid handicapper who gave you Oakland's inspiratonal upset over San Diego on Monday night."

Um yeah ok Dr Z...whatever you say.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Re: Sport Illustrated Ranks the Rams #3!

That is amazing I haven't seen us in top three since we were in the superbowl and about 2 seasons later. WOW! I guess DR. Z was no fan of Marmie. He dislikes him so much that when we get rid of him the Z' ster would rank us 3rd.

While this is quite a compliment and we'll take it, it is still too early. BUT I LIKES ALOT! Even Carucci ranks us 12th! and Schrager /Fox Sports ranks us 16th.
    Last edited by LA Rammer; -09-13-2006 at 02:10 PM.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

ESPN has us ranked #21, and of course the Broncos are ranked much higher because we got lucky. Mean while the squawks are top 10 because, hey, they are the chumps right.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

If I'm not going to get upset when we get ranked low by the media (which we were up until now), I'm not going to get to excited about being ranked high by the media either. I just hope we can keep it going. :l
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

rampete is offline Registered User

oh puuleeeese! who cares what pundits think about teams they have little to do with? and #3 !?!? give me a break, the rams showed some character last weekend in sustaining and coming thru with a win, but the roughing the kicker really bailed us out...

at this point, after one game into the season, i'd place us at the middle of the pack mainly because i didn't see our offense clicking on all cylinders but the defense looks to be much improved...but looks can be deceiving...

i need to see more consistency from the defense and much more efficiency from the offense to rank us anywhere near the top 10...

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

To correct someone we're ranked 18 on Espn. Allthough I like Dr Z's ranking I think placing us in the top 10 would be a better assesment. Maybe 7 but in my opinion its

Steelers
    Colts
    Baltimore
    Bengals
    Chicago
    Atlanta
    Rams

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Dr Z?

I wouldn't consult this guy if I had a sore throat, he might suggest that I needed a tracheotomy.

Now where were my chill pills...........................................................

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

at this point, after one game into the season, i'd place us at the middle of the pack mainly because i didn't see our offense clicking on all cylinders but the defense looks to be much improved...but looks can be deceiving...
    I agree with that assessment rampete. I think the D will be our saviors this season. The offense will eventually come around, but it's the defense that will keep us in the game.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

rampete is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68 View Post
    I agree with that assessment rampete. I think the D will be our saviors this season. The offense will eventually come around, but it's the defense that will keep us in the game.
    nicely put...

putting consistent pressure on the opponents QB is haslett's game and i'm all for the anti-marmie approach...