Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Alec22 is offline Registered User

Re: St.Louis @ Arizona Gameday Thread

Give me a break so many excusses for this guy. WOULD ANYONE BET ME THAT HE WILL BE A RAM IN 2010??????

He blew it, yes he deserved a shot, he go it, and showed that he doesnt belong in the nfl, pack your stuff and goodbye

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    So if you have worse stats than Boller, as is the case with Null, what does that make you?
    It makes you a damn rookie. Boller has had 7 years to prove himself, including 5 seasons starting on baltimore with an amazing D. He has always been horrible, he oanics in the pocket, makes inaccurate throws, and cant read a defense. Null has poise, makes better throws then boller and has been able to read a blitz and get the 1st down before. Are you advocating that we sit null and put in someone who is quite obviously a worse QB?

The Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    It makes you a damn rookie. Boller has had 7 years to prove himself, including 5 seasons starting on baltimore with an amazing D. He has always been horrible, he oanics in the pocket, makes inaccurate throws, and cant read a defense. Null has poise, makes better throws then boller and has been able to read a blitz and get the 1st down before. Are you advocating that we sit null and put in someone who is quite obviously a worse QB?
    Null should start against SF next week, but next year we need to explore other options like Mike Vick, Sam Bradford, or even Colt McCoy.

sdobbers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by The Rammer View Post
    Null should start against SF next week, but next year we need to explore other options like Mike Vick, Sam Bradford, or even Colt McCoy.
    Please not Colt McCoy...I'm a Texas fan, but McCoy just isn't going to make it in the NFL. I would be very disappointed if we picked him in the 2nd, would much rather we fill a different need.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Null makes stupid throws and decisions, panicked in the pocket this week, and failed to pick up blitzes or adjust to defenses. Null averages as many yards passing in a game that many NFL starters, including his fellow rookies, average in a HALF, and some can hit Null's average in a flippin' quarter. Null is not better than Boller, and Null will never be more than a career backup.

I am a results-based evaluator who looks at stats, not "poise". Based on stats, Null should not be starting over Boller.

That said I don't know who we should start. My gut says start the person most likely to lose next week, but even then I'm not sure who that should be. Shurmur calls a more conservative game with Boller typically, but Null makes more dumb mistakes.

Null makes stupid throws and decisions, panicked in the pocket this week, and failed to pick up blitzes or adjust to defenses. Null averages as many yards passing in a game that many NFL starters, including his fellow rookies, average in a HALF, and some can hit Null's average in a flippin' quarter. Null is not better than Boller, and Null will never be more than a career backup.

I am a results-based evaluator who looks at stats, not "poise". Based on stats, Null should not be starting over Boller.

That said I don't know who we should start. My gut says start the person most likely to lose next week, but even then I'm not sure who that should be. Shurmur calls a more conservative game with Boller typically, but Null makes more dumb mistakes.
    Null makes more accurate throws then boller has ever made. Wanna talk about the gibson touchdown, boller has tried to make that throw and failed. Wanna talk about the avery completion at the sideline, boller has tried to make that throw and has gotten us a pick six. Wanna talk results? How close has boller gotten us to a win? Because null has gotten us within 3 points before, when is the last time Boller even got within 3 points of the lead in any part of the game? Last time i checked boller has gotten us a shutout. When has Null done that? Never is your correct answer

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Alec22 View Post
    i hope your not refering to the time when "he" was playing zone and the rest of the team was in man....
    Are you on the coaching staff? Didn't think so ...

On that particular play, Gorrer was playing Cover-2. Maybe he made a mistake and got the call wrong. What a shock, a rookie whose been here a few weeks could have gotten the call wrong.

Or MAYBE, Gorrer was in the right defense and Butler didn't get over quick enough to provide coverage on top ...

The one thing that is certain is that you know NOTHING about what was called, or who was wrong on the play ...

Null makes more accurate throws then boller has ever made. Wanna talk about the gibson touchdown, boller has tried to make that throw and failed. Wanna talk about the avery completion at the sideline, boller has tried to make that throw and has gotten us a pick six. Wanna talk results? How close has boller gotten us to a win? Because null has gotten us within 3 points before, when is the last time Boller even got within 3 points of the lead in any part of the game? Last time i checked boller has gotten us a shutout. When has Null done that? Never is your correct answer
    Funny you mention that. Null's interception led to the game winning score for the Texans.

What's the longest TD drive Null has led this season? 68 yards...triggered largely through a successful fake punt. I am not at all convinced that Null is better than Boller.

Funny you mention that. Null's interception led to the game winning score for the Texans.
    Who's TD even had us in that game to start with? I believe the amendola td was thrown by null.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Alec22 View Post
    Give me a break so many excusses for this guy. WOULD ANYONE BET ME THAT HE WILL BE A RAM IN 2010??????

He blew it, yes he deserved a shot, he go it, and showed that he doesnt belong in the nfl, pack your stuff and goodbye
    I couldn't agree more Alec.

bradwill is offline Registered User

So if you have worse stats than Boller, as is the case with Null, what does that make you?
    A long-term project that is playing for backup duties next year, not starting. Spags said as much this week and I completely agree. He's got a ways to go before he's a #1 QB on a decent team.

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Geez, why do so many get so heated over practice squad players and backups? We are a team in transition, albeit a three year and counting transition, so just take it all in stride. We will improve as the new regime gets what it needs in place. I guess it is best to lower your expectations until things improve; in a year or two (give or take a year or two)...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

Who's TD even had us in that game to start with? I believe the amendola td was thrown by null.
    He started the drive inside the Houston 40. Most NFL QBs should be able to walk away with a TD in that scenario.

He started the drive inside the Houston 40. Most NFL QBs should be able to walk away with a TD in that scenario.
    Ya and boller has been that scenario before, turned into a pick. This conversation is literally going no where, you have your opinion and i have mine. Agree to Disagree?

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Why are you guys even arguing over two QBs who arent good lol.

Boller isn't good.
    Null isn't good.

End of story.