itsguud is offline Registered User

St. Louis or Cincinnati?

Alright, this is starting to get a bit ridiculus. The Rams have always been a good team with a good public image. Now all of a sudden we have players getting into trouble left right and center. This off-season we have had the most "off-field" problems out of any team. I am seriously starting to wonder if Linehan really has control of this team he is building?

We still have strong veteran leadership who are also stand-up guys in Holt, Bruce, Pace... But these guys are all getting older and will soon be gone. Its the youth of our team that is really showing their lack of constraint when it comes to bad publicity.

I am really worried that Linehan is not tough enough on these guys and will envitably allow our beloved team to get out of control, much like the Bengals. Lets hope this doesn't happen, however this offseason has rasied red flags in my mind about where our team is headed.

Guud

GameTime is offline Registered User

Re: St. Louis or Cincinnati?

I agree that the recent incidents are annoying, but I hardly think Linehan is to blame. The thought that it is his fault is absolutely ridiculous.

Wroten- kicked in a door; Linehan probably should have held a workshop on how to properly break up with a girlfriend.

Brown- we dont know what really happened yet.

Hargrove- Linehan obviously dropped the ball on that one too I suppose. He shoud encourage his players to skip practice and not call the coach.

Maybe Georgia should bend these guys over her knee and spank them for their wrongdoings.

ActionJackson is offline Registered User

We have a long way to being like Cincinnati, I wouldn't worry about it right now.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Seriously....how many of our guys have to get permission from the state Probation and Parole board just to attend an away game?

No matter the business, no matter how well run things are, there will always be those who can't follow the rules. For instance, just this past week, 3 police officers from the Branson area got busted for stupidity - bragging on MySpace about selling drugs.

Nope, the NFL can't regulate stupidity.

Things happen. Look at the bright side: We didn't draft Pacman Jones.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Ah, it's not as bad as all that. Yes, Wroten and Brown screwed up and I'm not going to apologize for them here, but it could be a whole lot worse. None of our guys have been implicated in a stabbing (like Pac-man) or driving under the influence (Odell Thurman) or gun charges (Tank Johnson, Chris Henry) or grand theft (A.J. Nicholson) or resisting arrest (Matthias Askew) this off-season.

Obviously this isn't the kind of news we want to hear, but Linehan has been cleaning house since he got here. The fact that he sent Hargrove packing mid-season should indicate that he means business. On the other hand, we have signed a number of people with known issues since he arrived. Steussie was tied to that steroid investigation in Carolina, McMichael has had a history of domestic disputes, Wroten had his marijuana incident, and Byrd had his red flags when we drafted him.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

ya man now your just blowing stuff out of proportion

itsguud is offline Registered User

I never said that we are like CInnci, all I said was are these littler problems going to lead us that direction in the future? Thats all.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

As has been said, this stuff is nothing like the Cinci problems and the Tank and Pacman issues. Wroten had a stupid moment, and the jury's still out for Brown. My question is, what would you deem worse, if the suspension's for drugs or for steroids?

Bud Light Guy is offline Registered User

Maybe you should ask Leonard Little.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Light Guy View Post
    Maybe you should ask Leonard Little.
    OOOOOOOOOHHHH.

That is so cold.

Let's remeber that we have taken preventative measures this offseason via the NFL draft. Look at all the guys we drafted, and I'm sure you'll agree they at least appear to be quality character guys.

Why else would we not have signed potential machine Tank Johnson (personnally glad he's not in the horns. too much trouble.)

The point is, Linehan has his wits about him and, let's not forget that prior to April's draft, we didn't have these problems. Sure, we knew Claude had preblems, but i guarantee nobody suspected Fakhir, Jim Haslett's boy to do anything bad by the coach who brought him into an organisation that was willing to start him.

Many Guys of suspected strong character have been brought in the last two offseasons, with the exception of Wroten, who was taken on a risk/reward flyer in a huge position of need. Scott Linehan can't control his player's free will, but it looks to me like he's trying hard as hell not to bring in anybody who'll rock the boat too much.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

The fact of the matter is, this kind of stuff has gone on forever, just hasn't been reported or was covered up in years past. The NFL is going for the throat now, so more of these things will be exposed, but they are not likely to cease anytime soon.

Buckle up guys, this is going to be a bumpy ride.

blood85 is offline Registered User

I agree, I think these stupid decisions by some,have been going on for a while, now we have a commissioner who is going to really, "drop the hammer" on these guys.