HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

St. Louis fans: What if?

I had an embarassing epiphany this past weekend........no St. Louis or LA based Rams fan has any room to complain about the team's geography. Not since my semester in London have I been in a room with so many British accents than at the Bash. These people cross a freakin' ocean to see the Rams! A freakin' ocean!

So with this newly acquired perspective, I would like to open for discussion some possible scenarios for our friends in the St. Louis area, and those who identify themselves as "St. Louis" fans.

Please share your thoughts, both good and bad, on these potential outcomes. Here's the scenarios:

Scenario 1. The wealthy LA businessman, Slick McCheesy makes an offer to Chip that he can't pass up. Slick's first announcement is the team will be moving back to LA at season end, and Slick flips off St. Louis on his way out the door. Slick's second announcement is that Scott Pioli is the team's new GM, and Bill Cowher is the new head coach.

Scenario 2. Same as scenario 1, but after Slick's announcement, the NFL announces an existing team will move to St. Louis to replace the Rams.

Scenario 3. Same as scenario 2, but the new St. Louis team will be an expansion team, not an existing team.

Scenario 4. Slick, Chip, and the league work out a deal. Chip sells the logo, colors, and name to Slick who moves the logo, colors, and name to LA. The team stays in St. Louis and becomes the St. Louis "pick your favorite name".

Scenario 5. Wealthy St. Louis businessman, Archy McBeermaker buys the team from Chip and swears on his mother's eyes that the team will forever be in St. Louis. However, Archy is a big fan of Jay Zygmunt and makes him Team President with unchecked power.

There you go, StL......thoughts?
    Last edited by HUbison; -09-18-2008 at 12:29 PM.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: St. Louis fans: What if?

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Scenario 5. Wealthy St. Louis businessman, Archy McBeermaker buys the team from Chip and swears on his mother's eyes that the team will forever be in St. Louis. However, Archy is a big fan of Jay Zygmunt and makes him Team President with unchecked power.
    In this scenario, Archy McBeermaker would end up dumber than Archie Bunker .. Why in the world would any new owner be a "big fan" of Ziggy?

Right now I'm rooting for our current owner to make a move and dump Ziggy and Linny hopefully .. Wonder if Marty Schottenheimer is interested in being a GM? Fire Linny and Ziggy, let Shaw retire, and bring in Marty as GM and interim head coach. At years end he could then hire a coach to replace himself and devote his time to improving the Rams roster ..

On Bill Cowher being the Rams head coach .... we can only dream .. Wonder if Scott Pioli and Cowher would get along? Cowher I would think can pretty much cherry pick his next gig, if he even wants to coach again ..

In this scenario, Archy McBeermaker would end up dumber than Archie Bunker .. Why in the world would any new owner be a "big fan" of Ziggy?
    That's beside the point, Maui. This is just for St. Louis fans to think about various aspects that could associate the future ownership.
    On Bill Cowher being the Rams head coach .... we can only dream .. Wonder if Scott Pioli and Cowher would get along?
    Maui, don't get tied on up on the names; just go with the concept of a new brilliant GM & a new brilliant HC. Pick any names you want.

btw, the "LA" fans have their own thread, if you'd like to check that one out.
    Last edited by HUbison; -09-18-2008 at 01:27 PM.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I had an embarassing epiphany this past weekend........no St. Louis or LA based Rams fan has any room to complain about the team's geography. Not since my semester in London have I been in a room with so many British accents than at the Bash. These people cross a freakin' ocean to see the Rams! A freakin' ocean!

So with this newly acquired perspective, I would like to open for discussion some possible scenarios for our friends in the St. Louis area, and those who identify themselves as "St. Louis" fans.
    Although I'm don't live in the St. Louis area and I'm not a "St. Louis" fan I'll respond to the 5 scenarios. ( I don't have anything against "St. Louis" but I'm a "RAMS" fan.)

1. Pioli and Cowher I would consider a HOMERUN. Moving the team doesn't matter to me, again I'm a "RAMS" fan.

2. Good luck with your new team in St. Louis.

3. Whatever

4. I have to follow the "HORNS".

5. Keeping Jay Zygmunt doesn't make me happy but I'm still a "RAMS" fan and will be forever.

GO RAMS!!!!

2. Good luck with your new team in St. Louis.

3. Whatever
    That's kind of why these particular scenarios are only meaningful (potentially) to St. Louis fans.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Scenario 1. The wealthy LA businessman, Slick McCheesy makes an offer to Chip that he can't pass up. Slick's first announcement is the team will be moving back to LA at season end, and Slick flips off St. Louis on his way out the door. Slick's second announcement is that Scott Pioli is the team's new GM, and Bill Cowher is the new head coach.

Scenario 2. Same as scenario 1, but after Slick's announcement, the NFL announces an existing team will move to St. Louis to replace the Rams.

Scenario 3. Same as scenario 2, but the new St. Louis team will be an expansion team, not an existing team.

Scenario 4. Slick, Chip, and the league work out a deal. Chip sells the logo, colors, and name to Slick who moves the logo, colors, and name to LA. The team stays in St. Louis and becomes the St. Louis "pick your favorite name".

1. This would suck, as I am only 250 miles away, and I STILL haven't made the trip yet. Seems like something always comes up. I'd still be a fan, but chances of me making to a live game would fall drastically.

2. A different team? NEVER!

3 See #1. I don't care if it's the cheerleaders playing in string bikinis....wait. I could be a fan of BOTH teams in that case, right?

4. You mean kind of like happened with the Ravens? I don't want to think about that....it makes my brain hurt.

5.How old is Ziggy? He's not in the best of health, is he?

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

That's beside the point, Maui. This is just for St. Louis fans to think about various aspects that could associate the future ownership. Maui, don't get tied on up on the names; just go with the concept of a new brilliant GM & a new brilliant HC. Pick any names you want.
    Now you're talking! I love that concept!!

A day later and we have 1 "St. Louis" fan, 1 on the East Coast, and 1 from Hawaii.

Maybe St. Louis fans are a little more ambivalent than I first thought.