evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Post St. Louis Rams continue to make staff changes (+ Practice notes)

By Bill Coats
    St. Louis Post-Dispatch

The shake-up continues at Rams Park, with the most recent changes involving an overhaul of the scouting staff and the replacement of the team’s longtime security chief.

General manager Billy Devaney has let go three of the team’s eight field scouts — Cary Conklin, Dick Daniels and Mel Foels. Daniels, who has worked in the NFL for 41 years, had been with the Rams since 2000. Foels had eight years with the team and Conklin three.

“I gave it a year working with some guys. After the draft, there were some guys available that I’d worked with before and just decided to bring them in,” Devaney explained.

The new hires are Drew Casani, Joel Patton and Jonathan Gannon. Also, Brad Holmes was promoted from combine scout to area scout; Gannon is now the combine scout.

Former Kirkwood Police Chief Dan Linza has been replaced by Steve Miller as director of security. Linza spent 10 seasons with the Rams. Miller is a former member of police department at Lambert Airport.

“It wasn’t a reflection on anybody,” Devaney said. “But again, it was a chance to bring somebody in that I got to know since I’ve been here, and I just decided to make a change.”

Team photographer Bill Stover also has been dismissed. A replacement has not yet been named.

<><><>

Notes & quotes:

*WR Brooks Foster made a couple of nice catches at Friday’s practice. Foster was the Rams’ fifth-round draft pick last month.

*With Keenan Burton still nursing a hamstring injury, Laurent Robinson is working as the No. 2 wideout, with Tim Carter as the slot receiver.

*Seventh-round draftee Chris Ogbonnaya, an RB from Texas, got in some return work.

*CB Jonathan Wade appears to be getting comfortable in the nickel-back role.

*RB Antonio Pittman remains absent because of a family matter.

*DT Kirston Pittman (he’s no relation to Antonio) missed practice to get a second opinion on a heel injury.

All for now . . .

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Re: St. Louis Rams continue to make staff changes (+ Practice notes)

Man you know they are cleaning house when the head of security and team photographer get the boot...waterboys you better step up your game!

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

um....from Fosl to Fobd??

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Billy Devaney has let go three of the team’s eight field scouts — Cary Conklin, Dick Daniels and Mel Foels.
    Hmm, well it was bound to happen. The most famous quotes from these guys....

Conklin - "You know, that Crouch guy can catch a ball."

Daniels - "Trust me. Jamie will make you forget the name London."

Foels - "That Kennedy kid is the next Warren Sapp."

Yea, maybe it was time to go.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    Man you know they are cleaning house when the head of security and team photographer get the boot...waterboys you better step up your game!
    the team photographer ? what the hell did he do wrong ? according to the article Devaney is bringing in guys he knows and feels comfortable with,so is this a Friends of Devaney situation,these guys don't really matter in the big picture so I would like to see a liitle more focus on the guys who will be playing on Sundays,I guess I feel sorry for the team photographer.