Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 49
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: St. Louis Rams must play all home games at Dome, commission says

  1. #31
    Fettmaster's Avatar
    Fettmaster is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1,288
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: St. Louis Rams must play all home games at Dome, commission says

    I agree. It doesn't really matter to me either way, but I have that gut feeling too.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.


  2. #32
    sjacksonrules's Avatar
    sjacksonrules is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    southern il
    Posts
    1,457
    Rep Power
    31

    Re: St. Louis Rams must play all home games at Dome, commission says

    Quote Originally Posted by Fettmaster View Post
    I agree. It doesn't really matter to me either way, but I have that gut feeling too.
    Sounds like u and tholt need to take some tums.

  3. #33
    Truth's Avatar
    Truth is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,430
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: St. Louis Rams must play all home games at Dome, commission says

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Which one of you can honestly say if you ran the CVC you'd do something different? NO ONE is going to stand by and willingly allow themselves to lose the gate receipts on ONE home game, much less three in three years...
    True. However, given the negotiations they are about to initiate, wouldn't it have been wiser to approach Mr. Kroenke privately to discuss the matter. I think it would be reasonable to ask for, and receive a portion of the Rams take from the London games. If they made this a public matter before they spoke with the Rams, it will just serve to antagonize and widen any gaps between the Rams and the CVC. It would seem that the CVC lacks savvy.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

  4. #34
    mde8352gorams's Avatar
    mde8352gorams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,811
    Rep Power
    22

    Re: St. Louis Rams must play all home games at Dome, commission says

    "California here we come, right back where we started from...."

    Go Rams!

  5. #35
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,899
    Rep Power
    130

    Re: St. Louis Rams must play all home games at Dome, commission says

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    True. However, given the negotiations they are about to initiate, wouldn't it have been wiser to approach Mr. Kroenke privately to discuss the matter. I think it would be reasonable to ask for, and receive a portion of the Rams take from the London games. If they made this a public matter before they spoke with the Rams, it will just serve to antagonize and widen any gaps between the Rams and the CVC. It would seem that the CVC lacks savvy.
    And conversely, shouldn't Kroenke have discussed scheduling games in London with the CVC first, especially when those games directly violated the terms of the lease agreement? It seems to me, doing so would have prevented the tension that now looks to be escalating. I have a bad feeling about this whole mess.

  6. #36
    Truth's Avatar
    Truth is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,430
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: St. Louis Rams must play all home games at Dome, commission says

    Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    And conversely, shouldn't Kroenke have discussed scheduling games in London with the CVC first, especially when those games directly violated the terms of the lease agreement? It seems to me, doing so would have prevented the tension that now looks to be escalating. I have a bad feeling about this whole mess.
    I don't disagree with the fact that it would have been better if Mr. Kroenke would've talked to the CVC privately. However, as most of our parents have said to us, in varying forms, "two wrongs don't make a right..", or the ever popular "If jimmy jumped off the roof, would you do it too?" Again, if the CVC really would like to keep the Rams in town, they need to check their pride, and proceed as adults. Knee-jerk reactions will not help the CVC come to an agreement with the Rams. And, if they can't reach an agreement with the Rams, don't let it be because you lost your cool. Stan is shrewd. He wouldn't be where he is if he wasn't. He's rattling the CVC's cage, and they're getting flustered.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

  7. #37
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,899
    Rep Power
    130

    Re: St. Louis Rams must play all home games at Dome, commission says

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    I don't disagree with the fact that it would have been better if Mr. Kroenke would've talked to the CVC privately. However, as most of our parents have said to us, in varying forms, "two wrongs don't make a right..", or the ever popular "If jimmy jumped off the roof, would you do it too?" Again, if the CVC really would like to keep the Rams in town, they need to check their pride, and proceed as adults. Knee-jerk reactions will not help the CVC come to an agreement with the Rams. And, if they can't reach an agreement with the Rams, don't let it be because you lost your cool. Stan is shrewd. He wouldn't be where he is if he wasn't. He's rattling the CVC's cage, and they're getting flustered.
    I'm not sure I understand the wisdom of Kroenke rattling the CVC's cage, unless his intension is to move the team. If he's looking to keep the Rams in St. Louis, why start negotiations off by purposely thumbing your nose at your supposed partner and creating bad feelings? Maybe there is more to the story, but both parties look unprofessional in their actions to me.

  8. #38
    Truth's Avatar
    Truth is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,430
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: St. Louis Rams must play all home games at Dome, commission says

    Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I'm not sure I understand the wisdom of Kroenke rattling the CVC's cage, unless his intension is to move the team. If he's looking to keep the Rams in St. Louis, why start negotiations off by purposely thumbing your nose at your supposed partner and creating bad feelings? Maybe there is more to the story, but both parties look unprofessional in their actions to me.
    I really don't know what was to be gained (except monetarily). Perhaps that's all Mr Kroenke was thinking about. There probably is more to the story. Perhaps Mr Kroenke really doesn't care if the CVC likes it or not. He's been known to use strong arm tactics before. Perhaps it's just unfortunate timing?
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

  9. #39
    sjacksonrules's Avatar
    sjacksonrules is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    southern il
    Posts
    1,457
    Rep Power
    31

    Re: St. Louis Rams must play all home games at Dome, commission says

    Quote Originally Posted by mde8352gorams View Post
    "California here we come, right back where we started from...."

    Go Rams!
    Except from the fact we started in Cleveland....
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

  10. #40
    Fettmaster's Avatar
    Fettmaster is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1,288
    Rep Power
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    Except from the fact we started in Cleveland....
    Yeah but nobody cares about that.

  11. #41
    MoonJoe's Avatar
    MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Norco, CA
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,458
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: St. Louis Rams must play all home games at Dome, commission says

    Quote Originally Posted by Fettmaster View Post
    Yeah but nobody cares about that.
    I don't care who you are, that's funny!
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

    Jack Youngblood

  12. #42
    NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    2,412
    Rep Power
    74

    Re: St. Louis Rams must play all home games at Dome, commission says

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    True. However, given the negotiations they are about to initiate, wouldn't it have been wiser to approach Mr. Kroenke privately to discuss the matter. I think it would be reasonable to ask for, and receive a portion of the Rams take from the London games. If they made this a public matter before they spoke with the Rams, it will just serve to antagonize and widen any gaps between the Rams and the CVC. It would seem that the CVC lacks savvy.
    A fair question, Truth. It certainly seems it would be much more productive to work behind the scenes and iron out differences rather than take it public and garner bad publicity for both parties.

  13. #43
    sjacksonrules's Avatar
    sjacksonrules is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    southern il
    Posts
    1,457
    Rep Power
    31

    Re: St. Louis Rams must play all home games at Dome, commission says

    Quote Originally Posted by Fettmaster View Post
    Yeah but nobody cares about that.
    We have as many championships there as we do in la or stl at one a piece. We beat the Redskins in 45 before they were MOVED BECAUSE OF GREED! lol

  14. #44
    GreatestShow99's Avatar
    GreatestShow99 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    32
    Posts
    485
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: St. Louis Rams must play all home games at Dome, commission says

    Never underestimate the stupidity of the politicians in St. Louis. It's 1987 all over again.

  15. #45
    stlrammer's Avatar
    stlrammer is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Saint Louis
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: St. Louis Rams must play all home games at Dome, commission says

    In the mid-80's I watched the St. Louis county executive and city mayor fight over where to build the new stadium for the then St. Louis Football Cardinals. After fumbling with this criticical decision (could not agree) Mr. Bidwell moved his team to Phoenix. Rams have 3 years remaining on their lease at AG Edwards Dome. Enjoy them while you have them because in 2015 it will be very very quite on openning day at this venue.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Question Regarding Rams Home Games
    By THOLTFAN81 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: -01-23-2011, 01:02 PM
  2. Parking for Rams Home Games..................
    By Irishrover40 in forum LOUNGE
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: -03-11-2009, 11:40 PM
  3. Rams Home Games
    By Ramer in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: -02-11-2008, 06:57 PM
  4. Packers fans turn Dome into home away from home
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: -12-18-2007, 02:59 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: -09-16-2005, 06:58 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •