Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    eldfan is offline Registered User

St Louis Rams' Quarterback Marc Bulger Has No More Excuses For Losing

St Louis Rams' Quarterback Marc Bulger Has No More Excuses For Losing by john dmytruk Bleacher Report CBS Sport.Com
    4 132 reads
    Opinion
    March 15, 2009

If you have to compare this team to a building that has been on fire. Say the fire started at 9:00 p.m. and ended at 3:00 a.m. For three hours until sunrise, you inspect the damage in the dark with artificial lights. But in the daylight, you get a true picture of the damage.

The Rams had been slowly destroyed by fire, but at beginning of the last season, the destruction stopped when Chris Rosenbloom took over the team. Yet, you could not assess the true damage because you had been kept in the dark because Linehan and his inept assistants kept you that way with Shaw and Zygmunt's help.

We have arrived at the dawn of a new day, and Shaw has been neutralized while Zygmount left. A new coaching staff pushed out Linehan's cronies. So now, we can look at this team under daylight, and truly see how much damage has been done.

Under daylight we can take a true look at the Rams quarterback situation, or better yet, at Marc Bulger.

Let us look at Chris Rosenbloom and the remainder of the $56 million contract. That clock on the contract sounds like it may be winding down for Marc Bulger. The lack of attention on the offense excuses for Mr Bulger may be coming to an end.

I want to start with the poor offensive line blocking. They brought in Jason Brown from Baltimore to start at the center position. This position had been a problem for several season well this acquisition move takes care of the problem.

The addition of Brown and added with Jacob Bell and last year's draft choices will help the line.

The passing and running attack will be helped with the addition of Karney from New Orleans. He will be starting as a blocking fullback position. Besides making holes for Steve Jackson, he can the line on passing downs.

The offensive system has been simple to either run or pass the ball. Coach Spagnoulo does want a complicated offense with funny names. He just wants to move the ball. You do that with players not plays or systems.

This system will be so simple that Brock Berlin will be able to handle it.

I hope that I made it pretty simple that Marc Bulger, like Scott Linehan, has been bought notice in a subtle wayŚwin or else.

Now to go back to looking at this team in the daylight.

This team has the talent at some level to turn it around may be not the way Miami did last year. The talent has been there, but because of poor ownership, foolish management, and inept coaching the talent got lost.

We need to keep an open mind to what see before us now, not the past. Accept the fact that the Super Bowl or playoffs loom in this team future, but a stronger course to get there.

:ramlogo:

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Re: St Louis Rams' Quarterback Marc Bulger Has No More Excuses For Losing

I can't believe that 'Super Bowl' was even mentioned in the context of adding Brown and Karney. If all it took were two players.............

If we need to keep an open mind, then we also need to recognise that its going to take more than a motivated Bulger to get us into the post-season.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Huh? Super Bowl? Really? Yea, the Rams will be there.....if they buy a ticket.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Through the muddle of sloppy writing, I guess this Dmytruk guy makes some valid points.Obvious but valid.

I hardly think the on-paper improvement of our O-line is complete or that the idea that incompetent management has masked across-the-board playoff caliber talent is accurate.

Even the talent that WAS there seldom made it on the field together for the last few seasons.

What about WRs? Or back-up RBs? Depth everywhere on offense. Plenty of stuff that needs attention before the clock starts tolling solely for MB,imo. He hears the ticking. At least I hope he does, above the ringing from all the beat downs he's suffered.

I'd like to know from what source this guy has such a specific idea of what our offensive scheme will be as well.

Bulger needs to play better; that's a given, but he still needs help.

And how can you ignore the defense? Is it MB's responsibility to score whatever number of points by himself to keep our cellar-dwelling D from losing their share of games as well?

I don't see anything open-minded or even insightful about the axe this guy is grinding.
    Last edited by Azul e Oro; -03-16-2009 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    Huh? indeed.LOL... That last sentence makes no sense at all. I think this guy needs to spend his money on a dictionary to find out what "loom" means or a basic literacy course, not a SB ticket.

Can somebody explain to me what it means when somebody "bought notice"?

OldSchoolRamFan is offline Registered User

This is really an article from an actual writer? This is probably the most poorly written statement of the obvious that I have had the misfortune of coming across for quite a while. Does this guy really know the playbook and thus the simplicity of it? Karney + Brown = Super Bowl????? (as others have previously scoffed at). I know it is definitely a time to dredge up whatever possible during this time between the main run at free agents and the draft, but this was disappointingly terrible. I hereby dub this guy the title of Captain Obvious for the day-- maybe even week.
    Steve

What you see is what you get, but what you see depends on where you stand.

itsguud is offline Registered User

Wow. I mean wow. This guy actually writes for a sports column? That is incredible. He must really know people in high places. Besides the fact that it is written almost unreadable his points are not valid.

He talks about the addition of a center fixing us... how about we just lost our starting LT??? Nothing. Adding Karney yeah that is great, but we also lost Holt and Bennett. Adding the best FB in the league is not going to stop an eight man rush constantly. Bulger is still looking at a very weak WR core. Ergo How could he possibly be blamed for anything if we are going to run all the time?

general counsel is offline Registered User

I just dont see the argument "the talent has been there."

By the way, the title of the article is itself stupid or at best misleading. Bulger is responsible for his own play. Winning and losing is a team effort. Until i see our defense function adequately, i dont see how you can possibly say bulger has the full responsibility of winning on his shoulders. To win, BOTH sides of the ball need to perform.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

RockinRam is offline Registered User

I think this article is a joke.

-First, if you're going to state your opinions, you have to have an education past the 5th grade.

-Second, you obiviously have to follow the free agency. I mean really? The o-line is not fixed just because we added Jason Brown. Pace is gone, and there are still holes. The addition of Karney doesn't mean that we will be seeing 1500+ rushing yards from Jackson if the o-line is still in ruins.

-Third, Marc Bulger does not also play safety, middle linebacker, cornerback, and left end.

-Fourth, "He just wants to move the ball. You do that with players not plays or systems."

Well you obviously need plays to move the ball.

-Fifth, Yes Bulger will still have excuses for losing if we don't add any more talent for the receiving corps, do not find an LT in the draft, and if our defense isn't upgraded by next season.

Yikes. I bet his grade school english teacher is laughing at him right now.

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

Bulger has made excuses? Can someone tell me in what interview or who he complained to??

supachump is offline Registered User

How did this guy get a job as a writer? His command of the English language is mind blowing. It is so poorly written that it is hard to decipher what he is saying half the time.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    You probably said the same thing after the '98 season, so I'll take the wait and see approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    You probably said the same thing after the '98 season, so I'll take the wait and see approach.
    That's the funny thing,guys; I don't think this guy meant the playoffs or SB are getting closer . He thinks "loom" means the opposite.

Weird choice of word, anyway. I think of something "looming" as unpleasant or threatening, not a desirable thing. An iceberg, a dentist's appointment, a Limpehan press conference....

He's saying that, although we are on a stronger course, glory is distant, but good enough that MB can't screw up and stay.

Still a logically weak and pessimistic view but makes more sense than the gibberish he wrote.

rams2061 Guest

Marc Bulger is finished. He'll never get the Rams to the Superbowl. Better yet, I doubt the Rams will ever see the playoffs as long he's QB.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rams2061 View Post
    Marc Bulger is finished. He'll never get the Rams to the Superbowl. Better yet, I doubt the Rams will ever see the playoffs as long he's QB.
    That certainly will be answered this season. Every position but K should be scrutinized in minute detail by the organization. All indications are that it will.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast