Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Re: St. Louis Rams re-sign offensive lineman Adam Goldberg

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    I agree he has some value, but i think jerseyrams point, and its a good one, is that if we are rebuilding, lets rebuild, and do it with young guys that have upside. Do you really want goldberg playing on this team before scheuring and greco get a chance?

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Greco projects as a starter with Bell possibly moving to the right side tackle spot ...

Goldberg could easily play 5 or 6 more years in this league, so, my question is, exactly how young are you trying to get? There has to be some veteran presence on this team. And if I recall correctly, I heard numerous statements last offseason about how hard a worker Goldberg was. Sure, he is not a world beater, but a good influence, and a valuable role player on the cheap ....

As of right now, Goldberg is really the only reserve lineman we have with any real experience ...
    Last edited by RamsInfiniti; -03-22-2009 at 10:41 PM.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Re: St. Louis Rams re-sign offensive lineman Adam Goldberg

Anyone who really believes that bell is going to be our starting right tackle is spending too much time with the hookah pipe. Ignore what the team is saying right now, its disinformation. Bell is getting some reps at right tackle but we are going to draft a tackle either at the #2 pick (most likely) or in the high second round (if we dont trade back into the first) and that guy is going to start. We did not waive orlando pace to start a guy at tackle (bell) that has never played there at the professional level (or if he has, never as a starter).

Projects as a starter is irrelevant right now because the roster is not complete and that roster will include a highly regarded offensive tackle who is going to be an opening day starter, unless there is a protracted contract holdout or injury issues.

Greco will battle cogs for the starting guard spot.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12