Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: BREAKING NEWS: St. Louis Rams sign WR Drew Bennett

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    Also, i think we've missed the opinion of one Nick Seiler. Thoughts?
    Well, I think it was a good signing. We've replaced Curtis with a starter-caliber receiver while adding some height to our group as well. Two birds with one stone.

Bennett was arguably one of the top receivers on the market in a weak market, so obviously he was going to get a contract of decent size. To those that say we overpaid, if he stays as the #3 his entire time here perhaps we did. But I think we signed Bennett anticipating that at some point he replaces Bruce. Combine that with the market we're in right now, and I don't think the contract is bad at all.

The biggest criticism I've heard from Titans fans is that Bennett will drop some passes, but I think working behind Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce along with having a receiver coach like Henry Ellard is only going to help Bennett's development as a player.

The only question I have about this signing is whether or not we offered this kind of deal to Curtis before free agency started.

RamOfDenmark Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    The only question I have about this signing is whether or not we offered this kind of deal to Curtis before free agency started.
    I would very much like to find that out too. I've got a strong feeling we didn't offer Curtis those terms (perhaps we didn't offer him any terms at all?), it seems to me like they wanted to get rid of Curtis for other reasons - going with size over speed etc., perhaps other reasons too. Whatever the reasons it seemed to me that we didn't really try that hard to keep Curtis, or even seem like we wanted to very much.

Krames41 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Why do you like his TD number but yet you think he will not be a great red zone target?
    I never said I didn't think he was a great red zone target, I said I don't think he is worth the money, I understand teams have more cap room, but the smart ones are using that cap room to sign impact players, not back ups and situational recievers. Bennet will most likely be used in red zone and relief roles. I don't know if his contract is worth it when our defense was horrific last year. I'm not questioning his talent, or ability to score, I'm questiong whether the money can be spent a little wiser. This isn't fantasy we need to functional on all sides of the ball to win, and right now that means our defense and special teams need a lot of improvement. But again, my belief is only time will tell on this one.

Milan Guest

What 2 Titans fans had to say about Bennett:

"Bennett will definitely play the slot and I don't know why they paid him so much to be their 3rd guy. He's not very fast or quick and he doesn't have that great of hands. There's a reason we let him walk even with our piss-poor receivers."

"He's tall, so he must be a red zone target, right? Wrong. He's not strong at going up and getting passes.

He's no very fast, but he's found ways to go deep several times.

His hands are average.

I think he's an excellent #3, or a decent #2 with a good #1 opposite him. Seems like too much money to me, but that's how it goes lately."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234