Like Tree5Likes

Thread: St. Louis Rams Team Report

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

Re: St. Louis Rams Team Report

Sorry, double post.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Yes, I agree that the offense moved in his rookie year but that was a different style o (West Coast) and I would like to see them go back to it. That alone will help. But the receiving corp of the Rams is still pitiful. They can't get seperation, and when they do, they drop it. They need at least two new bodies there.

At the RB position, of course Richardson would be good but between him, an OT or a WR, which way do they go? I can see any of the above in rd 1 of the draft but a lot of help will need to come through FA.
    Im very intrigued to see what the Rams new offense will be like. I was under the impression that Fisher and Schotty, were both WC themed guys anyway. But ran a much more aggressive version compared to Pat Shurmur's WCO. I also think Bradford is made for the WCO, and fit in very well with Shurmur's conservative offense. However, for him to grow as a QB, he needs to be able to run a more adventurous scheme then Shurmurs. Which Fisher will make sure of, Im certain of that.

Dr. Defense is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    What makes you say that?
    With all these injuries we've had lately? Last year it was the secondary, before that it was the offensive line. And all the various injuries in between. Now am I saying that some of those weren't accidents? Not at all, sometimes they can't be helped. But you'd think that with how many guys we've had injured over the years, that Fisher would want to start fresh with a new guy who is responsible for keeping the players healthy.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Fisher would want to start fresh with a new guy who is responsible for keeping the players healthy.
    But that's not the job of the Strength & Conditioning coach. Now, if the players are not strong enough (Strength) or properly conditioned (Conditioning), then yea, that's the S&C coaches' fault.

But injuries?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Herron63 is offline Registered User

A strength and conditioning coach is involved in the injury process, But it is not after the injury has happened. Strength training is not only built to build muscle strength but injury prevention as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Herron63 View Post
    A strength and conditioning coach is involved in the injury process, But it is not after the injury has happened. Strength training is not only built to build muscle strength but injury prevention as well.
    It's just not that simple.

People, injuries happen. Yes, the Rams had a bunch. Sometime, shi.......poop happens.

If Strength and Conditioning coaches could train away injuries, there'd be no IR list. Everyone would be healthy. But the fact is, injuries happen. And they happen to even the strongest and most fit athletes out there.

Again, I don't know (or care really) if Fisher does or doesn't retain Gullickson. However, I do know he is a respected S&C coach. I only hope that Fisher will use a more judicious process than "injuries = bad coach".
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

But that's not the job of the Strength & Conditioning coach. Now, if the players are not strong enough (Strength) or properly conditioned (Conditioning), then yea, that's the S&C coaches' fault.

But injuries?
    If an offense takes the field against a defense of 11 men who are each significantly stronger and more powerful than the guys on offense, then the offense stands a good chance of getting hurt. Same goes if the defense is in significantly better shape than the offense. I don't know how one could argue that.

Obviously, injuries are apart of the game, but they really don't have to happen as often as they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Fettmaster View Post
    If an offense takes the field against a defense of 11 men who are each significantly stronger and more powerful than the guys on offense, then the offense stands a good chance of getting hurt. Same goes if the defense is in significantly better shape than the offense. I don't know how one could argue that.

Obviously, injuries are apart of the game, but they really don't have to happen as often as they do.
    Fett, surely you are not suggesting that the 2008 NFL Strength & Conditioning coach of the year is trying to sabotage the St. Louis Rams.

Why yes, that's exactly what I'm obviously suggesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Fettmaster View Post
    Why yes, that's exactly what I'm obviously suggesting.
    Because that's the only way I can see an entire schedule filled with teams that are "significantly stronger and more powerful than the guys on" the Rams, while the Rams S&C coach is one of the most respected in the league.

All of these guys are NFL players. It's not like they're children playing men. The differences in speed and strength just isn't large enough from one team to another to arrive at the conclusion that an increased number of injuries is attributable to the S&C programming.

Again, the notion that Rock Gullickson is the reason for the Rams injuries is silly; just silly.

Because that's the only way I can see an entire schedule filled with teams that are "significantly stronger and more powerful than the guys on" the Rams, while the Rams S&C coach is one of the most respected in the league.
    Since your previous posts seemed indicate that you believe poor strength and conditioning don't lead to injuries, I gave a hypothetical example on what a ridiculous notion that is. I wasn't talking about the Rams specifically, and since I didn't mention them, I don't know how you got the idea that I was.

All of these guys are NFL players. It's not like they're children playing men. The differences in speed and strength just isn't large enough from one team to another to arrive at the conclusion that an increased number of injuries is attributable to the S&C programming.

Again, the notion that Rock Gullickson is the reason for the Rams injuries is silly; just silly.

And that's true. However, the slightest of differences can mean a lot come game day. Look, I never said Rock is solely responsible for all the injuries at Rams park, nor do I beleive that he is. But I also don't really beleive every single injury the Rams have suffered the past few years can be attributed to "bad luck", especially when guys are getting hurt in the weight room and jogging onto the field.

Concurrently, I trust Fisher's expectations from the strength and conditioning coaches and I bet he fixes any possible issues.
    Last edited by Fettmaster; -02-18-2012 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fett
    Concurrently, I trust Fisher's expectations from the strength and conditioning coaches and I bet he fixes any possible issues.
    And with this, Fett, we have reached accord.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12