r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

St. Louis Rams' Trade Of Alex Barron Appears To Be Set

St. Louis Rams' trade of Alex Barron appears to be set

By Jim Thomas
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    05/08/2010

All signs point to the Alex Barron-Bobby Carpenter trade being finalized Monday. Barron has signed his one-year tender as a restricted free agent, a necessary step to making the trade with the Dallas Cowboys.

In addition, league sources have told the Post-Dispatch that Carpenter, the Dallas linebacker, will arrive in St. Louis on Sunday evening. Similarly, Barron is flying to Dallas on Sunday.

Once both players take and pass physicals Monday, the trade will be complete with Carpenter officially joining the Rams and Barron becoming a Cowboy.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: St. Louis Rams' Trade Of Alex Barron Appears To Be Set

What I'd love to know is when the first discussions of this trade possibility took place. Right after the end of last season? Maybe after the first couple of weeks of free agency? Probably one or the other. Jerry and Billy established mutual interest, but likely agreed to talk again after the draft, as team needs are far more clearly defined by then.

There has been discussion (and rightly so), that going into the regular season with two very inexperienced OTs is a huge gamble, particularly given the fact we'll be starting a rookie Qb - a really expensive one at that.

I won't be at all surprised if we acquire another vet OT .. someone who's still got gas in the tank, but got beat out by a younger, cheaper player by the time final cut day arrives for all 32 teams, if not before. I'm sure Billy and Spags already have a short list of guys who could be available.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

I agree with most of the moves the Rams are making and this could turn out to be a good one also, but they may end up regreting this one a bit,barron and the penalties we all know about but he was decent and he played every game which has been an issue on the o-line the past couple of seasons with all the injuries,I like our "starting" bookends they are just very young and lack experience at this level.but down the road I am excited about the 2 of them.

Scidog68 is offline Registered User

As long as we can b***h-slap the "Shy" out of Carpenter, I am cool with this. Barron, while healthy and consistent was serviceable, getting his head in the game was a trial. As far as I'm concerned, Barron's transgressions were worse than possible "Rookie mistakes".

Hooah

Win, Lose or Draw... Rams for Life!
    :football:

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is online now Registered User

When I first read (or heard) about this trade, my initial thought was; "one underachiever for another." It wasn't exactly something that really sparked my interest other than it involved the Rams.

IF the Rams don't make any other moves to replace Barron, it could really come back to bite them in the backside. Barron was a classic underachiever, full of potential but never realizing it because of work ethic or head issues. But he did provide a big body at the tackle position, something the Rams desparately need with the rook behind center.

And Carpenter is also a major disappointment. Never living up to his expectations due to work ethic or lack of effort for whatever reason.

But perhaps the change will shake Carpenter up? Knowing that his football career is in serious jeopardy might wake is butt up. The Cowboy fans that I know are not losing any sleep losing this guy. Hopefully it works out for the Rams.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post

And Carpenter is also a major disappointment. Never living up to his expectations due to work ethic or lack of effort for whatever reason.

If for any reason he didn't live up to his expectations, it wasn't because of his work ethic or laziness.

Bobby Carpenter is known for his hard-work and film watching, and his desire to get better.

But, he was drafted into the wrong scheme, and for some reason, he just isn't aggressive enough.

TheRammer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Scidog68 View Post
    As long as we can b***h-slap the "Shy" out of Carpenter, I am cool with this. Barron, while healthy and consistent was serviceable, getting his head in the game was a trial. As far as I'm concerned, Barron's transgressions were worse than possible "Rookie mistakes".
    lol I can support that opinion!

BTW THIS WILL BE THE LAST SUNSET BARRON WILL EVER SEE AS A RAM AGAIN ......
    Last edited by TheRammer; -05-09-2010 at 11:21 PM. Reason: hey hey hey goodbyee.