Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: St. Louis Rams Will Be The NFLís Worst Team This Year? HORSE MANURE!

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

St. Louis Rams Will Be The NFLís Worst Team This Year? HORSE MANURE!

I just read this "article" on nflspinzone. I don't know what kind of mind-altering substance the "writer" is on, but this entire "article" seems to be better suited for use as toilet paper than serious journalism...

I'm kind of wondering the reactions of the fans who actually WATCHED the games from last season - opinions of this drivel posing as legitimate writing.

Come on Rams fans Ė even you guys know itís the truth. You just lost two of your best players in running back, Steven Jackson and wide receiver, Danny Amendola as well as losing the services of WR Brandon Gibson and a couple of others as well. Itís not as if things werenít bad enough for the Rams, given that they werenít very good when they actually had all those players on their team. They finished last season 7-8-1, but I firmly predict they wonít get close to that many wins this time around.
    Now, letís be fair to them; they did well by signing offensive tackle, Jake Long who is arguably one of the elite linemen in the league and former Titans tight end, Jared cook could add a little something in the way of production, although he remains firmly in the second to third tier of players at his position.
    If you take a look at their current roster, it sort of makes you want to cry if you are brave enough to call yourself a Rams fan. Quarterback Sam Bradford has all the ability to become very good in this league, and has pretty good looking career statistics, but he hasnít always been blessed with the best receivers. And unless they upgrade things quickly, heíll be left throwing the ball to Brian Quick, Chris Givens, Austin Pettis, and Cameron Graham. Not exactly household names.

The Rams really need to consider drafting a wide receiver with their first round pick. They will be picking 16th, and if things go their way, West Virginiaís Tavon Austin could still be available. In my opinion, he would instantly be their number one receiver and offer Sam Bradford a viable target. He is a small receiver but is quick and has good top end speed. Rams fans rejoice if your team ends up with Tavon Austin. You could do a lot worse.
    If they play their cards right, a running back such as North Carolinaís Giovani Bernard could be sitting their waiting for them in the second round. Ok, so heís not exactly Adrian Peterson, but he could prove to be a serviceable rusher, and might develop into something really good.

Defensively, the Rams arenít in too bad shape. Last season they allowed 21.8 points per game, and gave up 342.6 yards per game as well. Thereís room for improvement, but they have a good foundation to build upon. Linebacker, James Laurinaitis is developing nicely and defensive end Robert Quinn has shown he can get to the passer, racking up 10.5 sacks last season. Even though he had his issues during his college days, cornerback Janoris Jenkins has shown potential and I have him marked as one to watch.
    But letís be honest. Right now, the best player on the St. Louis Rams is kicker, Greg Zuerlein. And when your kicker is your best player, you know youíre in trouble.

Most of the wins the Rams did manage last season were against some pretty poor opponents. Teams such as the Cardinals and the Bills were hardly striking fear into their opponents last year, were they? And their wins against Washington and San Francisco could quite easily have ended up as losses. Basically, they were pretty fortunate to come away with as many wins as they did, and, looking at their opponents this season, I donít see them coming away with any more than four wins. Sorry, but itís true.
    Granted, there are quite a few teams that we could call awful, but I just canít look past how ineffective the Rams look offensively, right now. Teams need great players, even if itís just one or two, but the Rams donít even have that. Think of your fantasy team for a minute, and then go and look at the Rams roster. How many of their players would you want on your starting lineup. None, right?
    Could I be wrong? Possibly, but I doubt it. For now, I am sticking by prediction and I dare you to prove me wrong. The St. Louis Rams will indeed be the worst team in the NFL this year.

Flippin' Ram is online now Registered User

Re: St. Louis Rams Will Be The NFLís Worst Team This Year? HORSE MANURE!

Sounds like a bitter Whiner fan wrote this.

Fastcat is offline Registered User
    On the outside looking in i can see why the guy would say that... Hell last year we shoulda been the worst team also. We are young, and just got younger, i think we will be the youngest team in the nfl again this year. Our eldest offensive skill positiion guy is Cook, then Bradford, then Pettis/Kendricks. We have 2 RBs no one ever heard of, a 2nd yr wr who barely played and another that looked pretty good but didnt set the world on fire. Absolutely no one on Offensive has proven anything (including Sam), but we wont be close to the worst team in the league. Now if we still had spags running thinks this would be a disaster!
    live4ramin likes this.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

I never like the use of dismissing players because they aren't "household names" It's lazy writing, and assumes that just because the writer hasn't seen a hundred news articles about a player, they can't be very good at all.

Also his idea that Big Z is the best player on the Rams...? Shows an obvious lack of research and knowledge about the Rams. He most likely looked up some stats, and just went with his "feelings" Can't say I'm very impressed.
    NJ Ramsfan1 likes this.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

I have a hunch that Richie Incognito wrote this.

LARAM is offline Registered User

We need to stick this thread somewhere and save it, and comment on it at the end of next season. Then we can send it back to this guy with our season ending analysis on this guys prediction. Anybody agree?

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

If the Rams end up with the first pick in next year's draft it'll be because the Redskins collapsed, which would excite me to no end.

But saying the Rams will be the worst team in the NFL this year is asinine. Those days are over for the forseeable future.

I expect steady progress year by year, and unless something goes drastically wrong, I fully expect to be contending for a Superbowl no later than 2015.
    NJ Ramsfan1 likes this.

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Just as long as the Redskins are the 2nd worst team... first two overall picks here we come!!!

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    opinions of this drivel posing as legitimate writing.
    Well, since you asked....

drivel posing as a legitimate posting.

Never fully understand why a guy thinks he has to share, with everyone else, whenever he stumbles upon horse manure.

Ramendola16 is offline Registered User

I just screen cap'd this. I'll have no trouble sending this back to him at the end of the season.

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

This is typical blind projection. Lazy IMO. Project based on last years stats.

Who predicted that the GSOT would emerge?

I know I did. Picked up Warner and laughed all the way to the FFL championship.

This is toolish.
    Semper Fi!

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

The main thing this artical missess, its that the NFC West is the most competitive of all the divisions. Most have one or 2 teams that dominate the rest of the pack in their division, but not the NFC West. For now their are 3 teams, 49whinners, Seagulls, and Rams.

All four sport a good defense, and two with effective offenses with the third not far behind. The Cards, who knows I've given up trying to figure them out. All this boads well, because inorder to win you have to get better...the competition just makes you better.

Odd, on a passing note, this artical didn't address one glaring fact. The Rams went 1-0-1 aggainst the NFC champions...with a patch work O-line and really no go-to-guy on offense. The Rams victories where a total team effort--now that fact alone ought to keep the 49whinners up late at night worrying about
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

GolfnRAMFAN is offline Registered User

St. Louis Rams Will Be The NFLís Worst Team This Year? HORSE MANURE!-haters_gonna_hate3.jpg

2013 Year of the Rams

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Dragoon View Post
    Odd, on a passing note, this artical didn't address one glaring fact. The Rams went 1-0-1 aggainst the NFC champions...with a patch work O-line and really no go-to-guy on offense.
    Actually it did address beating the whiners, but basically chocked it up to luck.

And their wins against Washington and San Francisco could quite easily have ended up as losses. Basically, they were pretty fortunate to come away with as many wins as they did, and, looking at their opponents this season, I donít see them coming away with any more than four wins. Sorry, but itís true.
    The content of this article is a joke. Sorry, but it's true.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Bernie is lookin' good about now ..
    live4ramin, THOLTFAN81 and KoaKoi like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast