Thread: St Louis Trip

Molotov is offline Registered User

St Louis Trip

I've already posted a couple of items about our trip, but I thought I'd share a couple of other things.

1. That Metrolink system is quite the deal. A mix of sketchy looking characters and Blues fans on board, but we still felt safe. We spent $11 on transportation over the 2+ days we were in town.
    2. I think Missourians are generally friendlier than Californians, but my son said I'm full of it.
    3. Calecos Grille is pretty good. Gigantic menu. But the big projection screen there is real grainy.
    4. The Arch was cool, but we were done in about 15 minutes.
    5. We were told the weather would be in the 70s. It was friggin cold at 9 in the morning though. Reminded me of a March day in the high desert. The wind just cuts through you.
    6.Where are all the animals? I don't think I saw a single breathing thing. Not even a frikkin bird.
    7. The Hyatt is a great hotel, but the rooms are nothing special. Is it typical to NOT get your room made unless you request it? No big deal to me, but my wife would have had a problem with that.
    8. There was a pregame party just outside the stadium. Live music, lots of beer. Nice. Is that typical?
    9. The retirement ceremony ROCKED.
    10 After seeing them up close, I want to party with Danny, Chris, and James. Maybe go shoot some pool with them at a rough bar or something. Then I'll start some sh!t with someone. Add that to my bucket list.

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Re: St Louis Trip

1. Gotta keep an eye on those Blues Fans .
    2. No idea.
    3. Agreed.
    4. That's the thing about the Arch. It looks really nice and it's a great park to go to and eat while you're on lunch break, but mostly the Arch itself just spends most of its time looking cool. It's not really an all day experience to go to. That's what the Zoo and Science Center are for.
    5. Anything you hear about Weather in the bi-state area is wrong. Except that the forecasters are wrong.
    6. At the Zoo or outside of St.Louis.
    7. I have no idea.
    8. Don't get to go often enough to say.
    9. From what I saw of it, yes it did.
    10. lol.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

And the Rams won, Excellent! I'll have to make that trek from Cali to the Mecca of the Gateway city at least once in my lifetime. Thanks for sharing!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Molotov View Post
    I've already posted a couple of items about our trip, but I thought I'd share a couple of other things.

8. There was a pregame party just outside the stadium. Live music, lots of beer. Nice. Is that typical?
    I've been going to St. Louis at least once a season sometimes twice since 1999. Yes, the pregame party is always there.

GO RAMS!!!