MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Stacy, Cunningham sit out Rams practice ..

By Joe Lyons

Rookie running backs Zac Stacy and Benny Cunningham did not practice Wednesday as the Rams began preparations for Sunday's game Sunday in Carolina against the Panthers.

Stacy, who has keyed the Rams' back-to-back victories with his powerful running, has been slowed with a chest injury. He also missed practice on Wednesday a week ago, but managed to work his way back in time to run 18 times for 79 yards in Houston.

Cunningham, out with an ankle injury, ran three times for 11 yards and also had two kickoff returns for 56 yards.

Second-year backs Daryl Richardson and Isaiah Pead got plenty of work in Wednesday's practice.

The Rams' initial injury list of the week also included cornerback Cortland Finnegan (hamstring), defensive end Chris Long (thigh) and linebacker Daren Bates (hip).

Bates, who scored on a special-teams fumble Sunday in Houston, warmed up but was unable to practice Wednesday.

For Carolina, starting defensive tackle Dwan Edwards (hamstring) and starting tight end Greg Olsen (foot) did not practice Wednesday. Neither did reserve cornerbacks D.J. Moore (knee) and Melvin White (concussion). Back-up safety Robert Lester (hamstring) and reserve running back Kenjon Barner (foot) were full participants in Wednesday's practice.

RAM-BLINGS

Linebacker Alec Ogletree joins Buffalo linebacker Kiko Alonso, San Diego receiver Keenan Allen, Detroit end Joseph Fauria and Green Bay running back Eddie Lacey as this week's nominees for the Pepsi Next NFL Rookie of the Week.

• Sunday's game at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, N.C., will mark the Rams' first outdoor game this season.

• Ex-Mizzou linebacker Jacquies Smith has been signed to the Buffalo Bills practice squad.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Re: Stacy, Cunningham sit out Rams practice ..

I wonder if Bates' hip injury was a result from his comical "high jump" into the endzone last week?
    Prepare to be amazed.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Given Fisher's patterns, I'm guessing that Stacy was given the day off to keep him fresh for Sunday.

Rambos is offline Registered User

I'm guessing as well but from what I can put together Zac has been hurt since camp. That's why he did not play earlier. Holt said that Fisher told him in camp IF Zac can get healthy he could be really good. He has been bothered by his Ribs. Can you imagine what he will do when healthy.

Stacy is averaging 3.0 yards after contact per carry, the third-highest rate in the league behind Adrian Peterson (3.6) and Ben Tate (3.4), according to Pro Football Focus.

rNemesis is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by live4ramin View Post
    I wonder if Bates' hip injury was a result from his comical "high jump" into the endzone last week?

i was thinking the EXACT same thing, 'ramin. ive never known him to have any injury concerns up to that point. So for me, it definitely had to be that jump because he landed pretty hard on the hip/pelvis area and that usually doesnt start hurting til the next day because of adrenaline during the game.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Live4ramin View Post
    Uyg!

I hope DB will be okay. If that injury was in effect due to the end zone happy flip, he would just need to do another one but from the other side of his body to balance it and recuperate.