coy bacon is offline Registered User

Stand by your man.

“However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?" “O ye of little faith.”

This is the time to stand with Linehan, and stand as a strong group of fans. This is not the time to play the willy-nilly spoiled woman, and shed tears of disgruntlement. Fickleness is not an endearing trait.

Look,
    The FO hired a rookie head coach with a revamped coaching cadre. I opposed hiring Linehan, I did not want a rookie head coach. But we got him and there’s no use crying about spilled water under the bridge. No one should expect such a coaching staff to produce great success in the highly competitive NFL environment.

We are in a war, a battle, for supremacy in the NFL. Here, winning teams are not put together quickly or easily. Sun Tzu said that preparation is one of the factors that determines the outcome of a battle. The Rams as a whole did not have adequate time to prepare for this battle (season). Case closed AFAIC.

I expected this season to be a poor one. (Check my predictions prior to the start of the year). I think we’re going to take a few more lumps this season. But I am not dismayed or upset.

"These are the times that try men's souls." We should stand strong behind him now. I do not wish to flop from coach to coach, grief to grief, as they do up in Buffalo and Detroit. Linehan has showed me that he has the potential to lead this team to greener pastures, in due time. That time is not this season.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Stand by your man.

Intelligent people learn from their mistakes. All we are doing is letting Linehan know that he screwed up BIG TIME. Now we'll see how intelligent he is.

:r

MikeB1603 is offline Registered User

Amen Bacon! Couldn't agree with you more, especially Linehan leading the Rams to greener pastures. This is the NFL, things don't happen over night. I promised myself before the season to judge Linehan and the whole Rams team not by their record, but by their performance and their progress. And I have seen enough good performance and progress to be excited about the future of this organization. We are still at the beginning of the Rams new era, and will be for many months ahead. But if you pay attention to what is going on, you can see that every decision Linehan has made is with the future in mind. It makes me very excited to KNOW that in time this Rams team will be Super Bowl contenders year in and year out.

RealRam is offline Registered User

After a full day has gone by, we're right there, CB, with our coach. Most of us.

As LARAM0 just mentioned, we'll see just how smart Scott Linehan is, especifically considering the poor and pathetic overall game he had yesterday. More specifically yet, the two or three calls that ended being so terribly damaging and costly. Talk about learning from one's mistakes!

I think Coach is both smart and sincere. How much of these attributes is in him is to be seen, of course. And in a mere seven week's time we shall see.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    After a full day has gone by, we're right there, CB, with our coach. Most of us.

As LARAM0 just mentioned, we'll see just how smart Scott Linehan is, especifically considering the poor and pathetic overall game he had yesterday. More specifically yet, the two or three calls that ended being so terribly damaging and costly. Talk about learning from one's mistakes!

I think Coach is both smart and sincere. How much of these attributes is in him is to be seen, of course. And in a mere seven week's time we shall see.
    Indeed, it'll be interesting to hear what he says at the press conference.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

The one hand: Linehan is a rookie coach who is going to improve by learning from his mistakes.

The other hand: Remind me why we couldn't have hired someone who already knows what he's doing?

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    The one hand: Linehan is a rookie coach who is going to improve by learning from his mistakes.

The other hand: Remind me why we couldn't have hired someone who already knows what he's doing?
    B=Perhaps there wasn't any one good enough last year. I don't know who we could've hired last year though, so I may be wrong...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

coy bacon is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    B=Perhaps there wasn't any one good enough last year. I don't know who we could've hired last year though, so I may be wrong...
    Varg,
    I hear ya.
    I'm not real knowledgeable about who's available in the NFL, but wasn't coach Mariaucchi (sp), available.

Actually,
    If I was the boss with the purse strings, I would have gone out and purchased, one way or another, one of the proven coaches in the NFL. Cower, Belichek, etc. (you guys know better than me). I think that coaching is more important than ever now in the NFL.

Heck, I'd even broke out the jumper cables and found out where Mr. Ryan lies.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I don't know if there were any "camera ready" head coaches available. But, in a way, that makes me wonder - why replace Martz? I know, I know... ancient history by now.

But, if there weren't any experienced candidates for Head Coach, why make the change at all.

One could argue that getting rid of Martz was the fickle move that produced today's problem.