Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Standing By Their Man

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Re: Standing By Their Man

Rambos, I love you dude, you're one of the hardest workers here, but don't try to fill space here with this stuff, it's divisive and tiresome. Please take it to the PD board. It's a war zone over there. I get enough of that at home.

Will we ever get out of the promises land?

"The horror"

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by live4ramin View Post
    Rambos, I love you dude, you're one of the hardest workers here, but don't try to fill space here with this stuff, it's divisive and tiresome. Please take it to the PD board. It's a war zone over there. I get enough of that at home.

Will we ever get out of the promises land?
    I would not know what happening at PD board. But when it comes to what I post here Dez and the Mods are the only ones to my knowledge that can edit what I choose to post. In fact someone in this thread said Nice article Rambos. If you don't like it don't read it. Love you too...
    RamDez likes this.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Hey, if you come here everyday like I do you know the politics of this subject. We've formed a circle around Sam Bradford and we're invested. OK, but damnit, I'm tired. I'm human and I'm weak. I'm a weak human and not worthy of friendship here among the "big woolies". But I'll dare to ask it, is it caving in so much if I have thoughts of going after McCarron (or insert your qb pick here) and start his five year internship now? The overlap would be about right. I'm sick of this bickering.
    RamDez likes this.
    "The horror"

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by live4ramin View Post
    Hey, if you come here everyday like I do you know the politics of this subject. We've formed a circle around Sam Bradford and we're invested.
    I don't think there is really much political intrigue on the topic at this point. The vast majority here understand and accept that the Rams are going to stick with Sam as the starting QB for the foreseeable future. Some are more optimistic than others in terms of expectations of how this will play out in the long run but, from a practical perspective, most are in agreement regarding Sam retaining his current status at the starting QB.

OK, but damnit, I'm tired. I'm human and I'm weak. I'm a weak human and not worthy of friendship here among the "big woolies".
    Not sure what that second part means but, as far as being tired, I get where you're coming from. We've been waiting for that breakout season for a long time, and it can be frustrating. But we've been through this before. If it takes a 10 year drought to produce another season like we had in 1999, it will be worth the wait.

But I'll dare to ask it, is it caving in so much if I have thoughts of going after McCarron (or insert your qb pick here) and start his five year internship now? The overlap would be about right. I'm sick of this bickering.
    Nothing wrong with that at all. I would like to see the Rams take a developmental QB as well (though I prefer Jimmy Garoppolo over McCarron as a mid-round prospect). It just makes sense. Even if Sam comes back 100% and plays like an elite QB, every player in this league is potentially one play away from a major injury. While Clemens has done a credible job, he is clearly no more than a stopgap.
    live4ramin likes this.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by renrawtruk View Post
    All would agree he played better this year, but let's not forget the 1-3 start where he looked pretty bad, and basically dug a hole we could not recover from. Pre-season was pathetic and everyone kept saying that Fisher is some kind of guru and doesn't want to show his secret new offense that he would unleash during the regular season and/or against the division. Then, against Atlanta it was like "I'm sure he was saving most of his new offense for the Niiiiners".....NOT! Bradford holds us back.

The success of Zac Stacy was more like "ok, we tried to put the weight of this team on the QB early in the season because we thought we had more talent around him and he would step up, but since that didn't work, let's go back to the drawing board and the basics". Now everyone is like "imagine what would happen if we had Bradford now that we have a running game".... My guess is that it will look like more of the same next year, meaning 7 wins and mostly because of our defense.

Hypothetically, anybody interested in Jay Cutler? He's always been curious to me.
    Man where do i start. I feel some of your frustration all of us have had some frustration with Bradford to some degree. However you need to look deeper than wins and losses.

First of all and Rambos mentioned it in his regular article Bradford went through 3 different systems in his first 3 years. Find me one successful quarterback that has gone through that and played like an elite qb.

Sure some qb's overcome adversity, nice that you compare Bradford to Brady and Aaron Rodgers two of the best qb's in the NFL who got to play in the same systems their whole career. As for Andrew luck how good does he look since Wayne went down? Since Wayne went down, hes had ratings of 92.8,65.3,82.2,60.1 and 59.4 and has won 3 and lost 2. Are you going to lay all of the Colts recent struggles on Luck? Both losses are by 30 plus points.

When Bradford was starting before the injury the Rams were averaging 47 rushing yds a game, dreadful. Once Clemens became qb the Rams went to a more run oriented team and average 134 yds rushing a game. I dont care what qb you are including Kellen Clemems you will have some success with that kind of running threat. If the Rams were still averaging 47 yds per game they would not have won a single game since Clemens took over. If Bradford was being used in that offense much like he was used in his rookie season I think the Rams would have had a much better record when Bradford went down. Instead the Rams were running smoe stupid spread offense and had no idea Stacy was so good.

Maybe Bradford isnt Peyton Manning but if we run a smash mouth offense we are a much better team with him at the healm. The running game opens up so much for everyone including Tavon Austin. Teams stacking the box to stop Stacy leaves a lot more room for Austin to get free. Without a run threat it is hard to succeed in the pass game.

Seattle-3rd best rushing team 4.4 per
    Philly-2nd best rushing team 4.7 per
    Whiners-7th 4.1
    Packers-8th 4.7
    Panthers-9th 4.1
    KC-11th 4.6
    Pats-12th 4.2
    Denver-13th 3.9

Below are the teams with good qb's and poor running games.
    Indy-20th
    Saints-23rd
    Cowboys-27th

Out of those three teams the only one not struggling or fighting to win every game is the Saints who just got rocked by Seattle. Indy even with less yds averages 4.4 per carry the Saints average 3.8 and Cowboys 4.1 per carry. Looks to me like the running game makes a pretty big difference considering almost every team that will make the playoffs is in the top 15 in rushing.

Give Bradford that running game next year and this offensive philosophy and he will succeed. Bradford is not perfect but he has had the deck stacked against him.
    DE_Ramfan and MACD like this.
    Just Fix It

SportsDude is offline Registered User

I'd take Sam's slow progression and development over a 1 year gimmick.
    RamDez likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWing View Post
    Also, craig dahl still sucks.

MACD is offline Registered User

Here's the main problem I have with Sam's game: Making the decision to throw sooner than later. But I don't know whether this is a problem of receivers unable to get open or Sam's reading. Regardless, the ball has to get out of there before disaster strikes even if it's just a "bailout" throw. Peyton Manning has that ball gone in 2.1 seconds. A mobile QB is a non-issue in that scenario.

My fervent hope is that our running game renaissance will continue next year and enhance our receivers ability to get open. Seems like Fisher is focused on that. How great is it that Stacy and Cunningham appear to be able to get 1,000 yards each!!
    rammiser likes this.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MACD View Post
    Here's the main problem I have with Sam's game: Making the decision to throw sooner than later. But I don't know whether this is a problem of receivers unable to get open or Sam's reading. Regardless, the ball has to get out of there before disaster strikes even if it's just a "bailout" throw. Peyton Manning has that ball gone in 2.1 seconds. A mobile QB is a non-issue in that scenario.

My fervent hope is that our running game renaissance will continue next year and enhance our receivers ability to get open. Seems like Fisher is focused on that. How great is it that Stacy and Cunningham appear to be able to get 1,000 yards each!!
    I think its probably a little of both with Bradford. People need to stop using Manning and Brady as the examples. Those guys are above elite and i dont think its fair to say well Manning does this and Brady does that. Bradford is neither of those guys and hasnt had nearly the talent as either of those guys. Mannings success goes back to being in the same system for his entire career. Bradford has been in the same system for 23 games. That is not enough to master the system. Even before the year began he was happy that they werent installing a system but rather adding new wrinkles to it. Is there room for improvement sure there is but i'd like to see him afforded an opportunity with this offensive approach.
    Just Fix It

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12