Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Start Quick and Bailey

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: Start Quick and Bailey

100% throw them out there. If Givens can't catch that's his problem, and he needs to fix it. He's rounded off his routes badly and has regressed big time. Bailey has done nothing but warranted more playing time. He's been excellent when he's had the chance. He's gliding when he's running and his hands are terrific. Quick has had some ups and downs but deserves a chance. Both of these guys should start every week for the remainder of the year no doubt about it. Pettis is just wasting snaps at this point. Givens needs a wake up call. Stedman and Quick have played good in spare roles, let them get out there.
    Torry Holt likes this.

THE DREAM TEAM

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Seems every other time I see Givens after a play, he's limping. I think the guy has been playing on at least one & possibly two bad wheels all year & his numbers are still respectable.That said, I'd love to see more of Bailey, especially in tandem with Austin.
    Quick hasn't disgraced himself but you have to look pretty hard to see significant growth,imo, even though he's seen a fair number of snaps as it is.

Mikey is offline Registered User

Bailey reminds me of a young Bruce. Bruce also ran great routes and had exceptional hands. Works hard at everything he does and does it well. Would really like to see him and Quick with more PT this year.
    UK Ramfan 83 and sosa39rams like this.

citr92 is offline Registered User

what givens has done shows me that a new WR coach is in order

catching passes at half speed all practice doesn't help much

as for bailey, he keeps showing up for the little passes that go his way
    Last edited by citr92; -12-02-2013 at 09:16 PM.
    live4ramin likes this.

PARamfan is offline Registered User

Bailey has made plays every opportunity he has had and Quick has also been good with limited snaps. Givens has regressed this year for whatever reason. Time to create some competition for playing time and see who wants it more!
    Rambos likes this.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Listen, one thing we CAN'T do is say "let's see what they can do", play them, then blame their failures on Clemens. You can't have it both ways. If they're ready to start, then that means they should be able to run the right routes, get separation and catch the football.

Obviously some of the current starters' lack of production (receiving yards) is due to a back-up QB in there. But we absolutely can't condone drops or failing to get separation in a league where the secondary can't play defense.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quick has not dropped many balls and Bailey has yet to drop a catch-able ball. So who are we talking about? Givens and his drops? He won the job clearly last year and in preseason with the big time plays he and Sam hooked up on. He is fighting the ball and has just not played well to keep the job. With for games left he needs to pick it up big time or the Rams may use a draft pick on another WR.

I don't want to through young guys out there to see what they can do as much as get them game reps that should help them next year. Quick looks like he is getting better, we could use more of his 18 yards per catch now.
    Last edited by Rambos; -12-04-2013 at 12:50 PM.

UK Ramfan 83 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Bailey reminds me of a young Bruce. Bruce also ran great routes and had exceptional hands. Works hard at everything he does and does it well. Would really like to see him and Quick with more PT this year.
    Excellent. I was waiting to see if I was the only one who noticed this.

When Bailey caught his first pass in the NFL v Seahawks (?) There was just something about his drive and desire not to go to ground. He turned what would have been a 5 yd gain into what I believe was a 12 yd.

There's definitely a smoothness and fluidity that is reminiscent of the great reverend Ike...
    And like Ike he also has fantastic hands.

After his first catch, in the game day thread I said that Bailey may end up contributing more than Austin.....

I stand and by that statement.
    live4ramin likes this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Its so shocking to me how a WR has dropsies. The biggest job you have is to catch the ball... How can you not do it? You've been doing it for 10+ years. These guys during TC need to get tennis balls taped to their palms and learn to start catching with their fingers (Givens and Cook mainly).

THE DREAM TEAM

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

I'd love to see Bailey get more playing time, but then again, I doubt anyone is surprised by my feeling that way.
    Rambos likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Its so shocking to me how a WR has dropsies. The biggest job you have is to catch the ball... How can you not do it? You've been doing it for 10+ years. These guys during TC need to get tennis balls taped to their palms and learn to start catching with their fingers (Givens and Cook mainly).
    still have to be coached properly...

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

I really like Bailey. It may sound crazy, but this guy could end up as our #1 WR. He reminds me a lot of Brandon Lloyd. Start em I say, let er rip. Quick has all the physical tools, but he hasn't yet developed into a NFL-caliber starting WR. More playing time could only help, go ahead and start him as well. Pettis has been fairing poorly as of late, but him and Bradford have really good chemistry. I think Pettis will get it going once Sam returns in 2014.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I'd love to see Bailey get more playing time, but then again, I doubt anyone is surprised by my feeling that way.
    Yes Nick you both have something in common scholastically speaking.That aside, it is truly astonishing what Sted accomplished in just his senior year.

[B]Receptions: 113

Total receiving yards: 1627

Touchdowns: 25 !!!

Sted didn't post a 4.3 forty.

Sted is 5' 10" and 194 lbs.

The NFL has plenty of guys who flew under the radar, because of perceived size/speed limitations. IMO the Rams are really lucky to have him on the roster, and I have little doubt his skills will translate very well in the pros.

Did anyone notice how high Sted climbed the ladder for that sideline catch from Kel? I watched it several times. Yes the play was called back because he supposedly pushed off, but watching him leap up and pluck that ball out of the air was a thing of beauty. So go ahead Nick - enjoy and gloat to your heart's content.

Quote Originally Posted by UK Ramfan 83 View Post
    Excellent. I was waiting to see if I was the only one who noticed this.

When Bailey caught his first pass in the NFL v Seahawks (?) There was just something about his drive and desire not to go to ground. He turned what would have been a 5 yd gain into what I believe was a 12 yd.

There's definitely a smoothness and fluidity that is reminiscent of the great reverend Ike...
    And like Ike he also has fantastic hands.

After his first catch, in the game day thread I said that Bailey may end up contributing more than Austin.....

I stand and by that statement.
    You just may be right there UK ..
    Last edited by MauiRam; -12-04-2013 at 11:06 PM.

yep, size is one thing, but some people just are NFL guys regardless, bailey is showing to be one of them

don't need to be 6'5" to be a receiver....just have to be able to get open and CATCH the football
    MauiRam likes this.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

I think Bailey and Austin should be used more in the RZ. Their athletic talents complement one another well & the chemistry is obvious in their college numbers. Not big on blaming the OC but letting the gunslinger find one of those guys getting loose in close quarters by sheer athleticism seems like a higher % deal than that damned corner fade.
    Quick flashes brilliantly as he always has but, to me, that's really not enough to merit starter rating in The Not For Long of Alshon Jeffery and M. Floyd, Keenan Allen, et al.There are mitigating circumstances but still.....T'other hand, Pettis is weirdly inconsistent,never mind his mysterious ceiling, but he's still a better all-around player at the moment.No doubt a better RZ threat with Sam than with KC, so far as we've seen.I think BQ needs a break-out game to really get comfy. Whether KC can serve that end vs the defenses the Rams will face is another story....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast