throwback week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Which starters should be back as starters next year?

This is the list of who I'd like to see back as starters next year (some players I may want to see on the roster, but not as starters):

Yes
    No
    Maybe

QB: Marc Bulger
    RB: Steven Jackson
    FB: Madison Hedgecock
    WR: Torry Holt
    WR: Isaac Bruce
    TE: Brandon Manumaleuna
    OT: Orlando Pace
    G: Claude Terrell
    C: Andy McCollum
    G: Adam Timmerman
    OT: Alex Barron

DE: Leonard Little
    DT: Jimmy Kennedy
    DT: Ryan Pickett
    DE: Tony Hargrove
    OLB: Dexter Coakley
    MLB: Chris Claiborne
    OLB: Pisa Tinoisamoa
    CB: Travis Fisher
    CB: Dejuan Groce
    SS: Adam Archuleta
    FS: Mike Furrey

SFCRamFan Guest

Re: Which starters should be back as starters next year?

What about Incognito?? Shouldn't he be on your list?? Will he be ready and in the mix?? (Sorry, I've been gone for a while with only occasional pop ins)...

general counsel is offline Registered User

Related note. i would like to see us resign chris massey, who is a free agent, and a quasi starter in that he is our long snapper.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRamFan
    What about Incognito?? Shouldn't he be on your list?? Will he be ready and in the mix?? (Sorry, I've been gone for a while with only occasional pop ins)...
    This is a list of current starters.

The reason I have Timmerman as a "no" and McCollum as a "maybe" is that I believe Incognito can, and hopefully will, become the starter next year at one of their positions.

SFCRamFan Guest

Sorry...I overlooked the current starters part. Truly, I believe that our O-line will finally be the least of our concerns next year (barring injuries) with our youth. I admire the Timmermanns & Nuttens of the league. They are warriors. However, it is time for them to step aside.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRamFan
    Hey Sarge, long time no type. I think Incognito will be ready to go, but if he's a starter, we'll see the same mistakes from him that we see from Barron now. RI is an animal, and if his maturity has finally caught up with his abilities, he will be a force. Hopefully, the knee problem hasn't slowed him down, because I can't wait to see him pulling in his right guard position for Jackson.

Geez, can you imagine our running game with Pace and Big Claude on the left followed by a pulling RI, then a 270 lb Hedgecock in front of SJ. Good grief, there's no reason we shouldn't be able to run the ball next year.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RamJackson39 Guest

Does anyone else sense the transition? Does anyone else feel like the Rams are moving more and more towards becoming a running team? Seriously, I believe that our offense would be better if we did. The passing game would become even more effective. If you can get Holt one on one and get him about 3-4 deep balls a game, that right there should be about 2 TDs.

Mike Furrey is exciting. I think he would be better in a reserve role, but I like what he brings to the field. I also think that Groce can become one of the best NCB in the league, he has really impressed me this season.

AV, the only disagreement I got with you is Furrey. I appreciate a good effort guy, and right now Furrey is about the ONLY effort guy on that D (well except for Pisa). I'm viewing him as a rookie, in fact even less than a rookie, since a rookie probably played FS for a couple of years in college. If he will spend the offseason improving him technique and learning the position, he could be a legitimate starter.

I'm not getting all wrapped up in his takeaways just yet, because let's face it, two of those shouldn't have happened (Conwell snatch and run, & the Hass pick this week), however, I have liked what I've seen from Furrey, even though it is extremely raw.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    Related note. i would like to see us resign chris massey, who is a free agent, and a quasi starter in that he is our long snapper.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    That's a heck of a point. Since Robinson retired, Saipaia is our backup LS, and I don't know what he's capable of. Resign Massey.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

I too would be hesitant to get rid of Furrey. He's a gamer who's got a lot of athletic ability and has great instincts, something that can't be taught. Despite the circumstances of his big plays, the guy always seems to end up with the ball. Ball hawks and playmakers are something the Rams desperately need, and Furrey fits the bill.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

I'd like to Chillar replace Coakly in the starting line-up this year. We really need to add a true TE either thru the draft or via free agency.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

supachump is offline Registered User

Furrey also knows how to catch the ball (being a past receiver). I cant say so much about some of the others in the secondary (nevermind that they rarely turn around and actually look for the ball!!!).

The players in red are not necessarily players I want to be cut. Red only means I want them to be replaced as starters.

Furrey has a place on the team, and could be a good backup FS, special teams player, and role player in certain coverage schemes.

But the Rams need a real FS with some coverage skills to be the starter. Furrey isn't at that level.

LordOfTheRams Guest

Whats funny avenger is that you make fun of every sportswriter that analyzes the team and then you expect people to care what you think. Did you ever even play the game or are you just one of those wanna-be losers who sat on the sidelines and then went home to play dunguns and dragons?

LOL

Somewhere... Dez's finger hovers over that BIG RED BUTTON...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast