Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tailgage-Mayor Guest

Re: Which starters should be back as starters next year?

I would keep Mama-Lama-Ding-Dong but move him to fullback. Let him block, but never touch the ball!

Furrey is on the bubble, you gotta love the fact that he made the switch and is at least acceptable.

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    DE: Leonard Little
    DT: Jimmy Kennedy
    DT: Ryan Pickett
    DE: Tony Hargrove
    OLB: Dexter Coakley
    MLB: Chris Claiborne
    OLB: Pisa Tinoisamoa
    CB: Travis Fisher
    CB: Dejuan Groce
    SS: Adam Archuleta
    FS: Mike Furrey

This is too easy. Deep six the entire crew from gilligan's island except 5-0.

Someone asked last year if I really believed it is as bad as all that. I said yes then. And nothing thus far has changed my mind.

Excuse me while I go set up the bridal registry at the state liquor store for one of the relatives ...

psycho9985 Guest

Cant forget about J.Butler.He would have started this year.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by adarian_too
    This is too easy. Deep six the entire crew from gilligan's island except 5-0.

Someone asked last year if I really believed it is as bad as all that. I said yes then. And nothing thus far has changed my mind.

Excuse me while I go set up the bridal registry at the state liquor store for one of the relatives ...
    I supposed it would be too much to ask for you to give us a serious explanation as to why every player on the starting defense except for Pisa should go.

jkramsfan Guest

avenger, great post, but i would like to ask you about the bruce selection as a maybe, is that contract related or what is your reason for that?

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    I supposed it would be too much to ask for you to give us a serious explanation as to why every player on the starting defense except for Pisa should go.
    The question was: which starters should be back as starters. I answered as much. You didn't ask for a rationale. But since you have now, I'll oblige.

Before I do, let me set up some predicates. Youth deserves another chance. Mediocrity is not a reward. Experience does not excuse complacency. And availability invites consumption.

The question on the floor is Who should return as starters. I submit they all have had their chance. Assuming the season ends today, there are no playoffs. They have failed. Did they have a good game here and there? Maybe. Are some of their stats better than in the past? Perhaps. Could some of them still distinguish themselves? Possibly.

I want my players hungry for success. I want my players not taking a play, a game, or a season for granted. Annointing any of them as starters in the future suggests that all-in-all they have played OK. It affords them excuses as crutches like I was-injured-I'll do-better-next-time. There is no next time. Now is the next time.

Each play they should be treating as the difference maker. Each play they should be busting their butt to make a play cuz' they know that there is someone in line waiting to make a name for themselves. Waiting to knock some head.

As far as I'm concerned, they don't have the attitude to play as starters. I want fire and brimstone on D. I want passion. You're welcome to poke all kinds of holes in this as you want, like the cap prevents the team from recruiting 11 players of elite caliber, it's unfair to expect a rookie to make a difference the 1st year, etc.

I didn't say my answer was realistic. But I do want to send the message that they can't take anything for granted. And nothing I have seen the last few years on this D suggests to me that these players "get it". Change the system, change the players, change it all.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan
    avenger, great post, but i would like to ask you about the bruce selection as a maybe, is that contract related or what is your reason for that?
    I think Bruce will have to take a pay cut to come back, given his age and recent injuries. As for being a starter, I think Curtis is ready to step into that role. If Isaac does come back, he'll be the league's best #3 receiver.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12