Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    letsgoramz is offline Registered User

starting to miss martz's offense

as we know scott linehan is not making this offense run at full throttle scoring machine that we know we are even tho mike martz had his flaws as the head coach the offensive side of the ball was very potent its hard to swallow our rams getting zipped by carolina the greatest show on turf officially died when mike left we are now the greatest FLOP in town
    Last edited by letsgoramz; -11-20-2006 at 12:49 AM.

Torry Holt Dont play that

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

Re: starting to miss martz's offense

our offense hasn't been dominant in years, IMO. Just shown flashes here and there.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

No. I'd rather have 300 yards of offense, and 21 points instead of 350yds of offense 25 points and 4 turnovers.
    RamsFan16

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

So did we get enough yards for you today 16? Did we even get 100 offensive yards?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playboy37 is offline Registered User

wow, the coaches have to be pretty bad, im pretty sure some highschool teams could put up 111 yards against an nfl team.

rampete is offline Registered User

wait...i thought that was linehan taking plays directly from martzs' private cell today...?

tanus is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    No. I'd rather have 300 yards of offense, and 21 points instead of 350yds of offense 25 points and 4 turnovers.
    Whats sad is Shytehan has only produced a win when he has had a +2 turnover differential or more. I miss the Martz days when we could turn the ball over and still be confident that the team would still have a chance to win.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Martz's offense never would have worked either without Pace in his usual spot. One of my biggest problems with martz was that he didnt adjust the offense as the personnel changed (ie when chandler had to play, he didnt change his play calling). Linehan did the same thing yesterday. no Pace, top defensive line against us, and he makes no attempt to even establish a running game.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    Martz's offense never would have worked either without Pace in his usual spot. One of my biggest problems with martz was that he didnt adjust the offense as the personnel changed (ie when chandler had to play, he didnt change his play calling). Linehan did the same thing yesterday. no Pace, top defensive line against us, and he makes no attempt to even establish a running game.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    I seem to remember in a recent Linehan press conference. "Protection for Marc has to improve" That will be a major focus for us the rest of the season.
    We have had far to many sacks of our QB.

Hmmmmmmm?:x

40 something passes and 8 runs is horrible playcalling for anybody but if I had to choose id rather have martz 40 passes than linehan atleast martz 40 passes would lead to about 21 - 28 points

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by letsgoramz View Post
    40 something passes and 8 runs is horrible playcalling for anybody but if I had to choose id rather have martz 40 passes than linehan atleast martz 40 passes would lead to about 21 - 28 points
    Martz's plays always took longer to develop, so Bulger probably would have set the record for most times sacked in a game had Martz been calling the shots yesterday.

I'm not sticking up for Linehan, I think as of right now they both suck. Look at the Lions, they got schooled by the cardinals yesterday...hardly potent

AARF is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rampete View Post
    wait...i thought that was linehan taking plays directly from martzs' private cell today...?
    No way on earth that even close. Martz made some wild decisions giving him the perfect nickname of Mad Mike, but there is no way on earth he would allow his QB to put his tail between his legs and cower away from throwing the ball to his gifted WR's. Bulger took far too many sacks for a chicken that is way too interested in his stats than to actually put a ball in a tight spot.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AARF View Post
    No way on earth that even close. Martz made some wild decisions giving him the perfect nickname of Mad Mike, but there is no way on earth he would allow his QB to put his tail between his legs and cower away from throwing the ball to his gifted WR's. Bulger took far too many sacks for a chicken that is way too interested in his stats than to actually put a ball in a tight spot.
    Nice insight, where'd you pull that out of? Your butt? Cower away from throwing the ball? He passed 40+ times and they only ran it 8 times! You coulda put Dan Marino or Joe Montana in there yesterday and they would've produced the same results with the lack of protection, lack of a running game, and horrible play calling that went on yesterday. They may have done a little better, but not much.

You cannot say martz offense isn't potent because of detriot because for one detriot does not have the weapons that the rams do they don't have the quarterback that the rams do and the most important they do not have the understanding of mikes system that the rams do detriot is going to be a bad no matter who is the oc I feel if martz had called the plays against carolina we would of atleast hat 2 - 3 tds

general counsel is offline Registered User

just curious whether the fans of the martz offense miss the turnovers also. If we had turned the ball over early in the game yesterday, as we did frequently in the martz era, that game would have been over in no time. We stayed in it, pathetic as we were, by taking care of the ball.

Its amazing how the grass is always greener for so many people.

Guys, the talent is the key and its not there on defense and its not there on the oline under the best of circumstances and without pace you can foget it.

Remember how we couldnt get the ball downfield against tampa in the martz era because we couldnt protect? Same thing.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast