Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    GROUND DOG 39's Avatar
    GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    MANCHESTER, U.K.
    Posts
    1,483
    Rep Power
    18

    The starting RT?? Jason WHO???

    Jason Smith is beginning to show-up gametime, Or is his better perfomance, due to playing the Lions and the banged up Saints??
    Anyone whos watched both games, any information would be welcomed.


  2. #2
    RamsFan16's Avatar
    RamsFan16 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Age
    24
    Posts
    5,072
    Rep Power
    38

    Re: The starting RT?? Jason WHO???

    The Saints had both of there starting Defensive Ends ( Will Smith and Charles Grant ). Charles Grant who had 4 sacks on the season and Will Smith who has 7.5 sacks on the season aren't any pushovers. Will Smith had 1 sack and Grant had 0. I believe Smith went against Grant and pretty much, shut him down.

    I'm starting to love Jason Smith, a lot.
    RamsFan16

  3. #3
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,548
    Rep Power
    144

    Re: The starting RT?? Jason WHO???

    Quote Originally Posted by GROUND DOG 39 View Post
    Jason Smith is beginning to show-up gametime, Or is his better perfomance, due to playing the Lions and the banged up Saints??
    Anyone whos watched both games, any information would be welcomed.
    Recently, and especially in the Saints game, Jackson has been running through the Smith side of the field. And with good reason; Jackson is averaging 4.9 on the left, 5.2 up the middle, and 5.4 to the right.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  4. #4
    Varg6's Avatar
    Varg6 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    3,612
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: The starting RT?? Jason WHO???

    Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Recently, and especially in the Saints game, Jackson has been running through the Smith side of the field. And with good reason; Jackson is averaging 4.9 on the left, 5.2 up the middle, and 5.4 to the right.
    Which is an interesting point considering the whole Barron situation looming in the offseason. What do we do?

    I personally don't try to fix what ain't broken.


    Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

  5. #5
    shower beers's Avatar
    shower beers is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,043
    Rep Power
    59

    Re: The starting RT?? Jason WHO???

    Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    Which is an interesting point considering the whole Barron situation looming in the offseason. What do we do?

    I personally don't try to fix what ain't broken.

    It is an interesting situation indeed. While it doesn't seem logical to have our RT be paid like a premier LT, one would have to believe that results on the field are the biggest concern. I read someone on here too, that our team will be the third lowest team under the cap next year, so we may have money to tag Barron for a year and keep both tackles where they are. On the other hand, another year at RT for Smith means an even longer transition to LT once he moves over...

    glad I don't have to make the decision.

  6. #6
    tomahawk247's Avatar
    tomahawk247 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Essex, England
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,649
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: The starting RT?? Jason WHO???

    Smith is absolutely beastly in the run game

  7. #7
    Mooselini's Avatar
    Mooselini is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3,724
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: The starting RT?? Jason WHO???

    Smith is getting better. As most cases, rookies just need time to develop. Both watching the game and playing. I think Spags did the right thing by doing this. He is a student of the game and its paying off big time. I really like the kid (don't know why I call him kid, he's older than me! But I'm too lazy to backspace) turning into one of my favorites.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

  8. #8
    GROUND DOG 39's Avatar
    GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    MANCHESTER, U.K.
    Posts
    1,483
    Rep Power
    18

    Re: The starting RT?? Jason WHO???

    Dare I say it, but the draft and the free agent pick-ups are looking good.
    Maybe BillyD isnt such a bad judge after all???
    Next year on opening day I believe Laurent Robinson and Brandon Gibson will be 1 and 2
    and Avery in the slot. A once bad part of the team now is looking promising.
    A big, athletic TE would do wonders, cant remember the Rams ever having a excellent TE since Ive followed them. Pete Hoolahan was about the best.LOL. Alex Barron is begining to play with passion which is testament to SPAGS.
    Last edited by GROUND DOG 39; -11-19-2009 at 09:11 AM.

  9. #9
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,300
    Rep Power
    153

    Re: The starting RT?? Jason WHO???

    Quote Originally Posted by GROUND DOG 39 View Post
    Alex Barron is begining to play with passion which is testament to SPAGS.
    I think it may also be a testament to his desire to get paid after this season.

  10. #10
    Car RamRod's Avatar
    Car RamRod is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: The starting RT?? Jason WHO???

    I love the fact that Smith is running to the pile after every single play to help up the ball carrier. I think his energy has rubbed off on Barron too because I saw him do it a couple times.

  11. #11
    RockinRam's Avatar
    RockinRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    4,074
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: The starting RT?? Jason WHO???

    Quote Originally Posted by Car RamRod View Post
    I love the fact that Smith is running to the pile after every single play to help up the ball carrier. I think his energy has rubbed off on Barron too because I saw him do it a couple times.

    That's why I like Smith. Always hustling, always trying to help his teammates up. Always playing his hardest. That's why I like him better than Barron.

    Although Barron is the better blocker right now by a little bit, Smith's intensity and aggressiveness is far more supreme.

  12. #12
    theodus69's Avatar
    theodus69 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    so.cal.
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,202
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: The starting RT?? Jason WHO???

    Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    It is an interesting situation indeed. While it doesn't seem logical to have our RT be paid like a premier LT, one would have to believe that results on the field are the biggest concern. I read someone on here too, that our team will be the third lowest team under the cap next year, so we may have money to tag Barron for a year and keep both tackles where they are. On the other hand, another year at RT for Smith means an even longer transition to LT once he moves over...

    glad I don't have to make the decision.
    If we get TEBOW........Problem solved,he becomes the blindside!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

  13. #13
    PeoriaRam's Avatar
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    39

    Re: The starting RT?? Jason WHO???

    Quote Originally Posted by GROUND DOG 39 View Post
    Alex Barron is begining to play with passion which is testament to SPAGS.
    He does sell those drive-killing false starts very well.

    There is no reason for Barron and his XBOX 360 to remain in St. Louis after this season.

  14. #14
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,237
    Rep Power
    127

    Re: The starting RT?? Jason WHO???

    Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Recently, and especially in the Saints game, Jackson has been running through the Smith side of the field. And with good reason; Jackson is averaging 4.9 on the left, 5.2 up the middle, and 5.4 to the right.
    If that doesn't put things into perspective, nothing will. I'm thinkin' Jackson is very happy about his rookie RT.

  15. #15
    GROUND DOG 39's Avatar
    GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    MANCHESTER, U.K.
    Posts
    1,483
    Rep Power
    18

    Re: The starting RT?? Jason WHO???

    Quote Originally Posted by Car RamRod View Post
    I love the fact that Smith is running to the pile after every single play to help up the ball carrier. I think his energy has rubbed off on Barron too because I saw him do it a couple times.
    Ive noticed this also with Barron, seems to be making more of an effort in the run game which is how it should be.
    Its now up to the FO to decide if he is worth investing in- difficult decision,
    because when he is on his game, he is no mug.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Curry Fans, how do the Rams address their need @ OT?
    By Nick in forum Articles by Nick
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: -05-05-2009, 02:26 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: -01-17-2009, 05:41 AM
  3. Brown in, Hill out of Rams starting lineup
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: -09-21-2008, 08:22 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: -09-29-2007, 02:22 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •