STLRAMSFAN Guest

Starting WRs Engram, Jackson out for Seattle

Starting WRs Engram, Jackson out for Seattle

NFL.com wire reports

KIRKLAND, Wash. (Oct. 7, 2005) -- Seattle Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren said that injured wide receivers Bobby Engram and Darrell Jackson will not play at St. Louis in Week 5.

"Darrell had to go for a second opinion, so he's in Florida," Holmgren said. "And Bobby, he was getting treatment today and he can't move very well."

Neither is expected to travel to St. Louis.

Holmgren said Joe Jurevicius and D.J. Hackett would start.

Engram cracked two ribs on the first play of Seattle's 20-17 overtime loss at Washington on Oct. 2. Engram had nine catches for 106 yards for the Seahawks (2-2), but did not play after the third quarter.

Jackson has a bone bruise in his right knee that was aggravated against Washington. Jackson caught a 6-yard touchdown with 1:23 left that tied the score at 17.

Holmgren said Jackson was getting the second opinion to make sure doctors in Florida were seeing the same injury as team physicians.

"It's pretty typical now that guys do that," Holmgren said. "He just wants to make sure that guy down there sees the same thing we're seeing."

Jackson is third in the NFL with 29 receptions and Engram is tied for fourth with 27.

Jurevicius, signed as a free agent in the offseason, has seven catches for 103 yards and two TDs. Hackett will be making his first NFL start.

"I think they have had a good week of practice and they have functioned well," Holmgren said. "I don't see any reason to change too much."

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Re: Starting WRs Engram, Jackson out for Seattle

This could seriously help us seeing how we have had problems in the secondary. As good as it is for us I hate seeing it I would like to beat them with both teams healthy.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -10-08-2005 at 10:43 AM.

RDU
    RDU is offline Registered User

Re: Starting WRs Engram, Jackson out for Seattle

It could also spell danger. If Holmy grows a brain before now and gametime, he could just give the ball to Shaun Alexander 30+ times. And if SA gets that many touches, i don't like our chances.

But of course that all counts on Holmy growing a brain, no need to worry...