1st & Goal is offline Registered User

Status of Incognito

With everything that has been going on with Training Camp & the Barron situation, there has not been much, if any, mention about Incognito. Last I heard, he was still unsigned and they were waiting to get the latest update from the doctor. My realistic expectation is he goes on IR or PUP for the year. Does anyone have an update on his situation.:clanram:

"I was the originator of smack. Some guys rattle with smack; with other guys it rolls right off their shoulders like nothing. "
    -Deacon Jones

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Re: Status of Incognito

I have not read anything new on this, but from everything that Martz has said, it does not appear that the Rams are counting on Incognito contributing this year.

In a way, I think the Rams are looking at Incognito the same way the Bills looked at Willis McGahee - a very talented player who will, after getting healthy, be a strong contributer and who could actually be a bargain at his position in the draft.

general counsel is offline Registered User

I agree with Av and have had that view since the original medical report. There is no rush to sign him since he wont be playing this year in all liklihood anyway. For this season, he will truly be "Incognito" in more ways than one.

He will be somewhat less INCOGNITO than jamie duncan was during his time on the rams.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

I really hope he heals well. From what I've seen, he is going to be an amazing O-Lineman.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamJackson39
    I really hope he heals well. From what I've seen, he is going to be an amazing O-Lineman.
    I agree. He sounds like he is a great player if he is healthy
    RamsFan16

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

He's a player.. He looks awesome on video.

RealRam is online now Registered User

From the Rams web site, Monday 8:

INCOGNITO UPDATE: Lost in the shuffle of unsigned first-round choice Alex Barron is the absence of rookie lineman Richie Incognito, who also has yet to sign a deal.

Incognito was rumored to agree to terms before camp, but those rumors were not true. Momentum Sports, which represents Incognito, has placed him at Athletesí Performance, a training facility in Arizona.

Incognito trained there before the draft and is doing his rehabilitation there. That facility is far ahead of what can be offered to Incognito in St. Louis in terms of equipment, including an underwater treadmill that is important to the rehabilitation of a knee injury such as Incognitoís.

It is likely that Incognito wonít be signed before Barron, but there is less urgency because of his knee injury. It isnít likely, however, that Incognito will play for the Rams this year, another issue clouding his signing. Once he does agree to terms, it is possible that Incognito will land on the physically unable to perform list, keeping him out for the year.

Incognito visited Dr. James Andrews in Birmingham, Ala last week and it appears as though his timeframe is about three months before he will be back on the field.

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    From the Rams web site, Monday 8:

INCOGNITO UPDATE: Lost in the shuffle of unsigned first-round choice Alex Barron is the absence of rookie lineman Richie Incognito, who also has yet to sign a deal.

Incognito was rumored to agree to terms before camp, but those rumors were not true. Momentum Sports, which represents Incognito, has placed him at Athletesí Performance, a training facility in Arizona.

Incognito trained there before the draft and is doing his rehabilitation there. That facility is far ahead of what can be offered to Incognito in St. Louis in terms of equipment, including an underwater treadmill that is important to the rehabilitation of a knee injury such as Incognitoís.

It is likely that Incognito wonít be signed before Barron, but there is less urgency because of his knee injury. It isnít likely, however, that Incognito will play for the Rams this year, another issue clouding his signing. Once he does agree to terms, it is possible that Incognito will land on the physically unable to perform list, keeping him out for the year.

Incognito visited Dr. James Andrews in Birmingham, Ala last week and it appears as though his timeframe is about three months before he will be back on the field.
    Good report RealRam hope they keep him out as long as possible to heal that knee.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

Shadesofgrey is offline Registered User

What kind of sig pic is that? It almost seems like your taking a crap on Faulk..Not cool bro...:clanram:

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    I agree. He sounds like he is a great player if he is healthy

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Another little update on Incognito:

I read in the local [Lincoln] paper today about a few guys that are going on trial for running a steroid ring, and they are calling in quite a few former Husker football players to testify as "witnesses." As you could've guessed, Incognito is included on that list. It doesn't mean he's on roids, but his "rage" on the field poses a possible connection. The fact that he's getting called to the stand does not mean he took them, as one player mentioned in the article that he only knew about the ring from what he read in the paper, and that he remembered seeing the guys hanging around the training [weight] room every once in a while. Could be something innocently simple like that, but I've heard past rumors of Richie being involved with steroids, and former Husker linebacker Scott Shanle, who the Rams drafted a couple years ago, tested positive when on our team, and was cut afterwards. Kinda makes you wonder, especially since anger management counseling didn't seem to help Incognito in the past.

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Shadesofgrey
    What kind of sig pic is that? It almost seems like your taking a crap on Faulk..Not cool bro...:clanram:
    I kinda think Faulk is gonna surprise a few this year!:tongue:
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!