general counsel is online now Registered User

status of ram assistant coaches-help please

Was the entire rams staff fired with the exception of kollar, who i read is on a multi year contract and will have to wait to see if the new coach wants to keep him?

ramming speed to all

general counsel

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: status of ram assistant coaches-help please

I believe all the assistants have been retained so far, and Shaw mentioned that the new head coach would have total preference as to who or who not to keep. If I remember correctly, he also said that about half of the assistants have their contracts expiring anyway... not 100% sure, so maybe someone can confirm this.

EDIT:
    Just found this...

Quote Originally Posted by John Shaw
    [On if any of the assistant coaches will have input in the 2006 NFL Draft]

“I think yes. Several of those coaches, their contracts expire in the next month, and I think half of the staff, but I don’t know the exact numbers. They will be involved with the evaluations of the present team and provide season-end evaluations. I anticipate we will send most of the coaches to the Senior Bowl, so I think the answer is yes, though I’m not 100 percent sure.”

[On if it will be up to the new head coach to decide if any of the assistant coaches will stay]

“Yes, I think it will be up to the new head coach, absolutely. We have about 18 assistant coaches. I would expect some would be retained by the new head coach. It would be difficult to go out and find 18 new position coaches, but that’s entirely up to the new head coach.”
    Link
    Last edited by evil disco man; -01-08-2006 at 12:23 PM.

general counsel is online now Registered User

i can not believe that marmie is still employed by the squad. we are standing in the way of him getting any other coordinator jobs. There are at least three pop warner football teams here in georgia that have spots open and he should at least have the chance to interview. Maybe we are thinking that we can get some compensation for letting him out of his contract.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Disco Man
    I believe all the assistants have been retained so far, and Shaw mentioned that the new head coach would have total preference as to who or who not to keep. If I remember correctly, he also said that about half of the assistants have their contracts expiring anyway... not 100% sure, so maybe someone can confirm this.

EDIT:
    Just found this...

Link
    Ya that whole draft thing with there input scares me. They'll pry draft some running back that is bad first round.
    RamsFan16