Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Steal of the Draft

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Steal of the Draft

When we look back at this draft in about 3 seasons, we're all going to see who the steal of the draft truly will be. My opinion is: RB, Isaiah Pead, Cincinnati.

The video doesn't do him much justice, but it shows what he's capable of. He has amazing vision, speed, burst, quickness, and fluidity. He brings something we haven't had at the RB position in many years. Not only a viable back-up, but somebody thats explosive, that can take it to the house off of any play, and somebody that will take over the ropes one day when Steven Jackson is done playing. The vision he has to make quick cuts into open holes is unreal. This is huge because all the 3 or 4 yard gains that he should have, he turns into 25-40 yard breakout runs.

There is two players that come to my mind when I think comparisons.

Isaiah Pead: 5'11, 200 lbs, Round 2 Pick #50
    LeSean McCoy: 5'11, 208 lbs, Round 2 Pick #53
    Chris Johnson: 5'11, 201 lbs, Round 1 Pick #24

All 3 players are similar. All have killer speed, make great cuts, and make defenders tackle air. CJ2K and McCoy have been unbelievably productive within their short careers in the NFL. CJ2K topped 2,000 yards two seasons ago. McCoy scored 20 TD's last year. Both Johnson and McCoy average 4.8 YPC in their careers, which is tremendous. All 3 RB's can come out of the backfield and catch the ball. All of them can find a 30 yard run in a situation where a regular RB would only gain 3 or 4 yards.

Pead is going to surprise people. So many times we see little RB's that drop in the draft due to size that kill it in the NFL due to their ability to make guys look foolish while trying to tackle them. Isaiah is going to be exciting to watch next year.

THE DREAM TEAM

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Re: Steal of the Draft

Manoman, he scorched TN. About two thirds through (2:45), Pead bursts through the Tennessee line on afterburner.

If we can just block as good as Cincinatti.
    Last edited by live4ramin; -07-13-2012 at 11:04 AM.
    Kiss my ass, football gods

Agrajag is offline Registered User

Amazing video, thanks for posting.

Explosive is an understatement, as it seems to me that when he takes off it's being fast forwarded with the odd perception that the defenders are also slowing down

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Great video, thanks for posting. I agree he may indeed be the steal of the draft, but don't overlook Janoris Jenkins whom we also selected later than his talent dictates. Time will tell, can't wait for the season!

Go Rams!

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

What up Sosa? Lol been a while! Nice Vid!! Ya Mr. Pead has a chance to be special and if he can spell Jackson and get that 1-2 punch thing going we are going to wear some defenses out!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    What up Sosa? Lol been a while! Nice Vid!! Ya Mr. Pead has a chance to be special and if he can spell Jackson and get that 1-2 punch thing going we are going to wear some defenses out!!
    Yeah I know, where you been? And yeah, Pead and Jackson can be the best 1-2 punch in the NFL if we allow it.

THE DREAM TEAM

OldSchoolRamFan is offline Registered User

That is a definitely an awesome video. I hadn't seen anything previously to even begin to form any type of opinion about Pead, but after watching that I am genuinely excited. It looks like he has a genuine ability to shed tackles, make incredibly quick cuts and most importantly (to me at least) is his leg drive. On so many of those clips when defenders get a hold of him, he keeps those legs driving hard and gets that extra yardage (reminds me of the Jags MJD). We may truly have a legitimate backup now and that bodes very well for Jackson and the rest of the offense as a whole.
    Steve

What you see is what you get, but what you see depends on where you stand.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

I love this kid. He is dynamic in every sense of the word. If he can translate what he did at Cincinnati to the NFL, we're going to have a helluva backfield. I'm trying to temper my excitement because I've been disappointed so many times, but like OldSchoolRamFan, Isaiah Pead has me genuinely excited.

chucknbob is offline Registered User

I watched several UC games last season, and had my fingers crossed he would end up with the Rams. I honestly think we will have a RB controversy in a season or two (2013 or 2014) over who will get the starting job.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

The video certainly shows Pead's talent at the college level. Hopefully he can play as well in the NFL.

Rambos is offline Registered User

I can't wait to see Pead play. Pead has that ability to make one cut and get up field in a hurry.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Totally agree about this kid. Of all the pickups, I thought this was the one that will really payoff quickly. He gives the Rams so much, and defenses something to think about. This kid can take a simple screen to the house, something Jackson no longer can do. I fully expect him to get increasingly more and more playing time as the season progresses and the staff see and realize what he brings to the dance.

Pead gives the Rams a different kind of threat that defenses have to pay attention to. If this kid can catch the ball coming out of the backfield, watch out.

From the moment his named was called, I loved this pick.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User

I really see this guy as the next MJD.

I think that we will have a great running back combo, followed by Pead becoming our starting RB for years to come. So, we might not have to worry about a runningback for the next 7-10 year! Well atleast not a starting RB, of course we will need that complimentary with Pead when Jackson is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by RamOG View Post
    I really see this guy as the next MJD.

I think that we will have a great running back combo, followed by Pead becoming our starting RB for years to come. So, we might not have to worry about a runningback for the next 7-10 year! Well atleast not a starting RB, of course we will need that complimentary with Pead when Jackson is gone.
    MJD? Interesting.. Very different type of players in my opinion. MJD is extremely short and thick, mini version of SJAX. A thumper, running in between the tackles and pummel through guys. Pead reminds me of LeSean McCoy. A guy that can take a 5 yard run to the house at any time. Someone that can make 3 or 4 defenders miss on one play.

THE DREAM TEAM

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Not just this pick, but this draft class as a whole. I think this draft will go down as the defining moment in the Fishnead era, and could/will quite possibly go down as the best draft in the history of the Rams. I dont remember ever being as excited for a draft class as a whole as I am this one.
    live4ramin likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast