Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mikey82 is offline Registered User

Steve Fairchild...Any good?

Bills fan here! Apparently the Buffalo Bills just hired your old offensive coordinator, Steve Fairchild and i was curious if he is any good. I remember him when he was here as a RB coach and he did a good job with that. But I'm not sure how he is as an OC. Is he a balanced offense guy? Pass happy? Smash mouth guy? Thanks for replying!

Mike

Rip32 is offline Registered User

Re: Steve Fairchild...Any good?

To be honest alot he did not have a huge input to theoffense when Martz was in charge and when martz was out and he was running the offense Vitt had to get on him about running the ball more,so he may not be as balanced as the bills offense needs with losman or Holcomb at the helm.

I wish him luck though the bills have alot of offensive weapons(Moulds,Willis,Evans)so he could be successfull.

p.s Welcome to the Clan,since we gave you Fairchild the least the bills could do is give us London Fletcher back,Please.

:clanram:

Quote Originally Posted by Rip32
    To be honest alot he did not have a huge input to theoffense when Martz was in charge and when martz was out and he was running the offense Vitt had to get on him about running the ball more,so he may not be as balanced as the bills offense needs with losman or Holcomb at the helm.

I wish him luck though the bills have alot of offensive weapons(Moulds,Willis,Evans)so he could be successfull.

p.s Welcome to the Clan,since we gave you Fairchild the least the bills could do is give us London Fletcher back,Please.

:clanram:
    That's what I was worried about. We don't need a pass happy coordinator here, not with Losman and Holcomb, along with McGahee. Oh no. Maybe Jauron can rein him in a bit? I hope. Either way, thanks for him. And I think thanks for your DL coach (Kollar), but I don't know if he's any good myself. I heard he's like our old DL coach and loves to scream and go nuts at his players. That could be good for motivation, but not if they tune him out.

And as for Fletcher, That's one former Rams player that I would NEVER want to give back. He has been a stud for us ever since we got him. If only he got more respect though. He keeps getting screwed out of the Pro Bowl.

viper is offline Registered User

You give us Fletcher back and we'll throw in our new OC Olson!!! LOL

Rambos is offline Registered User

You give us Fletcher back and we'll throw in our new OC Olson!!!
    Thats funny.

As far as Fairchild we will soon find out how go or bad he is, only time will tell. As it stands now Fairchild will be calling plays and Martz maybe watching plays.
    Last edited by Rambos; -01-25-2006 at 07:23 PM.

Kollar screams alot but he has not done anything with Damione Lewis or Jimmy Kennedy two first rounders at least he seems to have done a good job with Pickett.

I agree about the Fletcher thing though he is always one of the leaders in tackle and never makes the pro bowl

You give us Fletcher back and we'll throw in our new OC Olson!!!
    Ok not enough, we will also, at no cost to you throw in DC Marmie. He comes highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by viper3
    You give us Fletcher back and we'll throw in our new OC Olson!!! LOL
    How about we toss in Nate Clements too, so we can get Orlando Pace. We need offensive linemen badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos
    Thats funny.

As far as Fairchild we will soon find out how go or bad he is, only time will tell. As it stands now Fairchild will be calling plays and Martz maybe watching plays.
    So in other words, he's an unknown? You aren't sure what kind of coordinator he is, because he never really had a chance?

Kollar screams alot but he has not done anything with Damione Lewis or Jimmy Kennedy two first rounders at least he seems to have done a good job with Pickett.

I agree about the Fletcher thing though he is always one of the leaders in tackle and never makes the pro bowl
    Didn't he develop two very solid DE's that are now headed to the Super Bowl? Grant Wistrom and Bryce Fisher....

So in other words, he's an unknown? You aren't sure what kind of coordinator he is, because he never really had a chance?
    Yeah that sums it up, he might take Martz system and learn from Mikes mistakes and run the ball more, protect the ball as far as turn over goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey82
    Didn't he develop two very solid DE's that are now headed to the Super Bowl? Grant Wistrom and Bryce Fisher....
    Thats true but I dont like to talk about those traitors

Thats true but I dont like to talk about those traitors
    I don't like to talk about Fisher. He was good here, but never got the chance to develop and shine. We could have used him.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey82
    Maybe Kollar can take a little credit with Fisher's development, but Wistrom has played at the same level before, during, and after Kollar.

I think Kollar has actually hurt Kennedy's development. Kennedy himself said that Kollar's approach was "something he had to adjust to" in his rookie year. I think there were just two personalities that couldn't mesh.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

LOL LOL good luck with steve Fairchild good guy , He working for one of the greatest Offensive minds in football butt he in my opinion was not close to being balanced in any way ... He might do better away from M.M. lets wait and see (good luck)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast