RamWraith is offline Registered User

Steve Korte blog

August 02, 2007
    Camp Linehan has been no country club
    It has been a grueling first week of training camp for the Rams, who have worked in full pads in seven out of their first 10 practices.
    The Rams have donned full pads at least once every day.
    Rams coach Scott Linehan is obviously trying to make his team more physical.
    “That is a statement,’’ Rams linebacker Brandon Chillar said. “You look at some other guys who have just helmets and jerseys on, and we’re out here getting after it.’’
    Thursday marked the fourth two-a-day practice schedule for the Rams, who have eight two-a-days slated for training camp.
    According to a survey by USA Today, the Rams tied for 11th with eight other teams with those eight two-a-days. The survey included 31 of the 32 NFL teams with information for the New York Jets being unavailable.
    San Francisco had the most two-a-days with 13, while Buffalo had the fewest with three.
    Linehan decided to give his players off from meetings on Wednesday night.
    “Three or four hours (of free time) is like a week this time of the year,’’ Linehan said. “It’s right in that middle of the second week of two-a-days, right before our (Saturday) scrimmage where you can’t see an end in sight. I think it’s important every once in a while to do that to get everybody fresh.’’
    Linehan said he wouldn’t be taking his players to a water park to break the monotony of training camp like he did last year.
    “I had a lot of ‘no’ votes for the water park,’’ Linehan said.
    Rams defensive end Leonard Little said the problem was the team had a practice after going to the water park.
    “That didn’t go over big last year because we went in the morning time, and a lot of guys expended a lot of energy and then had to come back and practice in the afternoon,’’ Little said.
    Little wouldn’t mind going to the water park and then having the rest of the day off.
    “That would be the best possible scenario, but it didn’t happen that way last year, so this year guys are like, ‘We’d rather just go home and watch a little TV and then come back to the hotel and get a little sleep,’’ Little said.
    -- Rookie tackle Ken Shackleford, a sixth-round pick out of the University of Georgia, injured his knee during the team’s morning practice on Friday. Linehan said Shackleford will undergo an MRI to determine the extent of his injury.
    -- Having served as the Minnesota Vikings’ offensive coordinator from 2002-2004, Linehan is familiar with the freeway bridge over the Mississippi River that collapsed Wednesday in Minneapolis.
    Linehan said he checked on a few friends that live in the Minneapolis area to make sure they weren’t among the people killed or injured.
    “I called a couple of friends, and they were all OK,’’ Linehan said. “It’s bizarre. You drive over that bridge 100 times — I don’t know if it was 100, but it was close — it makes you realize that’s a tough thing. You never know. You could be driving over a bridge or in a tunnel ... you should always take a minute to think of what’s important. That’s a great city. The people in that city will rally around that.’’
    -- Former Belleville West High School football coach Dennis Snep watched the Rams’ morning practice from the sidelines. Snep was part of a coaching contingent from Washington University. Snep is the tight ends coach for the Bears.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Re: Steve Korte blog

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    August 02, 2007
    -- Former Belleville West High School football coach Dennis Snep watched the Rams’ morning practice from the sidelines. Snep was part of a coaching contingent from Washington University. Snep is the tight ends coach for the Bears.
    Wait a minute... that better be the Washington University Bears!

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Wait a minute... that better be the Washington University Bears!
    i was thinking the same thing
    Built RAM tough

IzzyHigh1212 Guest

Lol..He was my football coach last year.
    I go to West. haha

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Or are you a closet Chicago fan, posing as a Rams fan to find out about our Tight End Regieme? It's no secret that the bears drafted Miami TE Greg Olson in this year's draft. I'll be keeping an eye on you....