Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steven Jackson

Country is offline Registered User

Steven Jackson

I was wondering if anyone is becoming concerned with the fact that Steven Jackson has had under a hundred yards rushing in the last 2 games with and average of 2.6 and 3.7 respectively.

Does anyone thing this is because of Steven Jackson and what can sometimes be his hesitant running or is it a problem with the OL?

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: Steven Jackson

Offensive Line. I am pretty sure though Jackson leads the league in All Purpose Yards for a RB which is good!
    RamsFan16

Rambos is offline Registered User

Not at all, SJ had a very nice game against a very good Lions front 4. We are down a couple of starter on the O-line and he still is getting it done. SJ is number two in the NFL, not to shabby. SJ had 81 yards and 6 catches for 65 yards.

STLRAMSFAN Guest

I like the fact that they don't force the run like I thought they did earlier this year at times. I like that they still got Jackson involved in the passing game. He had 6 receptions for 65 yards or 10.5 yards per reception on high percentage short passes. Jackson still dances a little but I have seen improvement. The only instance I remember getting frustrated this last game was on a goal line run he jumped landed on both feet then tried making a move instead of running hard without jumping. But IMO he played decent they got him touches out in space with short passes and he had a combined 146 all-purpose yards. That is just as effective IMO. The goal line runs do concern me a little bit that we can't just punch it in. Some of that falls on Jackson and some the OL who takes what percentage of the blame? I don't know I tend to lean a little more towards the OL.

norcalramfan is offline Registered User

linehans game plan is much more fluid as far as making adjustments to the defense than it was earlier in the season. I like the fact that he was throwing to SJ out of the back field late in the game. Lets not lose sight that this team is a work in progress. So far they have made small but steady steps towards becoming a power in this league. GO RAMS!

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Steven is ranked the second back in yard right now.

LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

I was wondering if anyone is becoming concerned with the fact that Steven Jackson has had under a hundred yards rushing in the last 2 games with and average of 2.6 and 3.7 respectively.

Does anyone thing this is because of Steven Jackson and what can sometimes be his hesitant running or is it a problem with the OL?
    Im not concerned with Jackson at all, I watched him make some nice pass blocks yesterday, I saw him play great as a short yards receiver making some nice plays, he is becoming an all around back and that is what this offense needs. The cards put 6-8 in the box and keyed in on stopping the run. The Lions have a great front four that we ran right at many times. Shaun Rogers is a stud d lineman and our boys ran right at him many times and he smacked the RB down that is what he does. Lets also not forget that Pace was not a hundred pct last week and did not play at all this week. He is the leader of that line.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by STLRAMSFAN View Post
    The only instance I remember getting frustrated this last game was on a goal line run he jumped landed on both feet then tried making a move instead of running hard without jumping.
    I agree, and it's one of the things I'm touching upon on my post-game thoughts (somewhat late since I only flew back in town today). First and goal from the one and Jackson's running high waiting for the hole. That's the kind of situation where I think he should just get lower and, if there's a guy in the way, make him sorry for taking up that space. I think that kind of instinct/recognition will come with experience though. All around I thought he had a very solid game.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

The only thing i care about is that only Wilis Macgahee has more rushing yards right now

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Right now, if anyone needs to be worried about Steven Jackson, it's opposing defenses.

07McCarthy is offline Registered User

this is my first post on this site but i've been a long time reader. i am not concerned about the play of steven jackson because we were missen two OL. steven jackson is a great bruising back. he wont get you 100 yards every game. he doesnt have the cutting or speed to get you that every game. i like what he does for this team and he gives us a physical presence. keep doin what you doin steven. stats for first 3 games.

Yds Att Yds/Att Yds/Gm TD's Fumb
    game 1 121 22 5.5 40.3 0 0
    game 2 103 22 4.7 34.3 0 0
    game 3 62 24 2.6 20.7 0 0

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Thumbs up Re: Steven Jackson

I am not concerned about Jackson either. He has been a man possessed and with a makeshift line. He is doing everything the coach could ask of a player: run, block, and catch all while protecting the ball.

BTW, a special thanks goes out to VegasRam!! I got my autographed Steven Jackson picture, along with authenticity certificate in the mail today. Way too cool Vegas. Many thanks...

:l
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Not worried. Can't top a 100 yards with a 5.0 avg every week.

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

He's second in the league in rushing yards. Nothing to worry about here.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Country View Post

He had 22 carries for 81 yards and a TD, plus 6 catches for 65 yards against a Detroit defense ranked 10th in the league vs. the run.

It's all about quality, not quantity. People need to get off Steven Jackson about his rushing totals.

Marshall Faulk is gone, Steven Jackson is the featured back for the Rams now; he will get his rushing yards.

The guy is contributing and that's what is important.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast