View Poll Results: Should we trade Steven Jackson?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Y

8 12.50%
  • No

56 87.50%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steven Jackson

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Steven Jackson

Some say he has lost a step, he is slower, he goes down to easily, and just isn't the same back that he used to be. If this is true, shouldn't we go out and acquire a new back? Well, none of us can prove that this is true.

Anyways, he isn't doing great this season. I am not too sure whether its him or the porous play by the offensive line; specifically Adam Goldberg.

So here is my question. Do you guys think we should trade him? He will be a free agent in a few seasons, and is only decreasing year after year. I am not too sure where I stand on this topic but in a couple years we will probably get nothing for SJAX. I would prefer to keep him though. He is the soul and heart of this team, and has done tons for this organization.

Also, what offers do you guys believe we would get? I'd assume somewhere like 2nd-4th ...most likely being a 3rd.

MikeB1603 is offline Registered User

Re: Steven Jackson

Bradford threw for over 300 yards today because of Steven Jackson.

Keenum is offline Registered User

He runs too hard to not be getting more yards.... I really think it's with the offensive line. If we had a smaller back that wasn't as tough I don't think he would be doing any better.
    The interior of the O-line concerns me, I just don't see a push most of the time. I can't really tell if Jackson has lost a step or not, maybe he isn't hitting the line as hard because there are no holes opening up? I would have to take a closer look.

jackson3909 is offline Registered User

exactly play action plays are our best plays beacuse they load up the box. no other back faces that many defenders in the box

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Nope, Jackson's frame is too large and when the gameplan for the Broncos D is to stack the middle, of course he's going to be stopped easily. Chris Johnson got stopped for 7 carries and only a gain of 5 yds with his not so huge frame today. Once our o-line has better experience in providing better holes for Jax, he'll start running wild.

ljcrayton is offline Registered User

you trade steven jackson and the rams become amateur really quick.

his presence alone makes people stack the box and what better way for a rookie qb to look good than to always have your receivers in 1 on 1 coverage. Steven jackson goes out and gets less than a hundred but Bradford throws for 300...i say a job well done for steven jackson whether he lost a step or not. he's doing his job and his job is to keep the receivers in 1 on 1 situations

jmk321 is offline Registered User

This was probably the worst game I've seen SJax play in the NFL. He just looked slow and not at all like himself. He must've been injured or something but trading him is insane.

DaRam13 is offline Registered User

I'll vote no on the SJax trade and keep this train on track to the playoffs.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

The Rams won today and took over first place in the division, and you're asking whether the Rams should trade Jackson.

Really?

rxb97 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jmk321 View Post
    This was probably the worst game I've seen SJax play in the NFL. He just looked slow and not at all like himself. He must've been injured or something but trading him is insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by jackson3909 View Post
    exactly play action plays are our best plays beacuse they load up the box. no other back faces that many defenders in the box
    First every Bigtime back in the NFL faces stacked boxs AD Gore CJ Turner...more so than SJ ....sayin no other back faces as meny defenders is ludicras Do you really think when given a chance to go against SJ or AD anyone is going to say SJ
    I think its crazy to think about trading Jackson hes a top10 back not a top 5 back but a solid RB and yes he has lost a step , there is no way he is going to let someone time him right now...he is 4.7 4.8 at best....but hes still a beast with a whole lotta heart

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

okay smarty pants, if we were to trade SJax what do you think we can get for him? He's a top 10 back. I mean value wise what will we get for him? I personally feel we just need to utilize Darby a little more. Until we can improve the lines run block I would try to preserve him for next year, next year we are breakout!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

RG gotta be the number one priority for our Offense in the off-season..then we`ll see what he`s really still got.

sure other top RB`s face stacked boxes..they also have top OG`s to help them out...put Hutchinson,Harvey Dahl etc..infront of Jax and we wouldn`t be having this conversation.

1980RAMS is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    The Rams won today and took over first place in the division, and you're asking whether the Rams should trade Jackson.

Really?
    Your right...... This is a ridiculous poll.... Where would we be without Jackson .....

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

The man has pins in his hand he broke in a game. Dude I would be doing the charlston behind the line if I had a broken hand with pins in it also. It makes me wince when I think about him running with the ball in that hand knowing that he is going to be hit in that hand to cause a fumble and yet I have not seen him do it (fumble). This man is a beast.

(went back and checked his stats, He has not fumbled a ball yet, error free running here.)

And you wanna trade him? PLease.

You wanna trade someone, take a look at that kicker. He missed an extra point and about lost us the game with a missed FG. Thats 4 points you owe me.
    Last edited by lordwhttgr; -11-29-2010 at 06:18 AM.

Ramone is offline Registered User

Last three seasons he was the only one we could watch and say: 'Hey, we're the NFL team too!' without him, I am afraid that we would be relegated to UFL. As far as I am concerned, he could lay down, in our backfield, and sleep entire game and I wouldn't trade or let him go. Like Bruce before, he is our trade mark and I don't want to give up our true colors.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast