Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    GameTime is offline Registered User

Re: Steven Jackson becomes a dad!

How many baby mama's does Marshall have?

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

Congratulations to Steven. I bet that he's breeding a whole family of monsters that will terrorize the NFL some day.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I think that anyone who criticized Jackson without knowing the facts is now obligated to wear a shirt with the words "I'm An Enormous Douche" in bold print.

Of course, instead they'll probably try to make this about something else. I can just see it now... some brainiac will argue that its not a true "family issue" because Jackson isn't married. Or they'll say he should have notified the team when he first learned of the approximate due date (never mind the fact that Spagnuolo wasn't the coach then). Or maybe they'll just fall back on the typical "he's injury prone" critique.

What people like that don't get is that Jackson would be the opening day starter at RB on the vast majority of teams in the NFL. The Rams are fortunate to have him.
    Usually I wouldn't support a post with the word "douche" in it, but I have to this time, as mature adults we ALL need to wait for all of the facts to come about before making a comment about something. REGARDLESS OF THE SITUATION/TOPIC!

Do this and the world becomes a better place atleast on some level.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Congratulations to Steven Jackson.

Why would Jackson skip the birth of his son for a meeting that isn't even needed?

I mean imagine this: When his son gets older and asks Jackson, "So how was it like when I was born? How was mom like?

It would be shameful for him to say, "Sadly son, I wasn't there to witness your birth because some unsightful good-for-nothing fan on a website called clanram said I would be a cancer to the team if I didn't show up for a voluntary meeting. So I had to go to prove that guy wrong. Sorry son."

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

agree wholeheartedly with GC...out of all the "elite" RB`s during SJ`s entire career in the NFL up until this point,he has played behind the weakest O-line of them all..Portis(went from one great line to another very good one),LT(started out behind a pretty poor line for his first year but they quickly built an elite line infront of him),Alexander(when the Seahawks lost Hutch they also lost their elite MVP RB who became a washed out has-been) Larry Johnson(aint exactly eating up the yards now KC`s elite line has crumbled away)..brandon jacobs(big boy but even he may struggle behind our line,he stands too upright when running etc...)

then theres the new breed the likes of Chris Johnson,Slaton etc....all good lines.
    Texans havent been too good in the past but they finally getting something done on the line these days....

only Matt Forte (along with Jax) i think has performed well behind a "So-so" O-line but even the Bears line last year was better than ours and that was only one season...Jax has been doing what he does for 4 years now(not counting his rookie year as a back up..)

i havent read the "other thread" but i dont think i need to to know what it contains...his salary,him being injured in a game that was already won..etc...the usual garbage that has nothing to do with what he is responsible for...

some fans seem to think that if you a good player and your team loses then its all your fault...not the other players who havent carried their weight like the good ones have!

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

oh and more importantly than all that...Congrats to SJ..to be a dad is a special thing...

Keenum is offline Registered User

Ha ha. Man I'm glad I didn't jump on him when I read he missed the first few days! Spags said he had a good reason, so I believed him.

A HUGE congrats to Jackson for the birth of his son!

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    How many baby mama's does Marshall have?
    To me, it is rather sad to know there is a good number of little baby baztards* that belong to athtletes -- famous fathers or not. Why can't more of these players just get it right in marrying first...THEN procreate?!?

Both the father and the mother deserve better, not to mention the child.

I know there are male players in college already belonging to single mothers and that situation oftentimes duplicates sooner than later in the life of these young men. That is a factual sociological weekness -- nothing new for sure but all too prevalent in modern sports circles.

...Kudos to the young men in college that courageously / responsibly prevail and do well in forming a decent marriage first and THEN have a sound, organized family; that is, the ones that do NOT repeat the wrong way [okay, the "relative" wrong way] they were brought into the world, even creating sometimes a twisted pattern in child bearing. Especially when the father is a sports star in some professional league. "Wedlock first" will not assure any happiness or prosperity, true, but it yields better odds in producing better citizens and roll models.

I just hope Jax will indeed give a good name to his child. Besides his surname, of course.

*. - Had to resort to this spelling to insert the word in its correct sense and meaning.
    Last edited by RealRam; -03-24-2009 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Tyop

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I can't wait to draft the boy in about 23 years!!!

haha congrats SJax. Now lets go run over some birds and whiners.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

congrats to him

How is Having Children Out of Wedlock a "Feel Good" Sports Story?

August 31, 2007 by Lee Andrew Henderson / Associated Content SPORTS

Lee Andrew Henderson Published Content: 1,625 Total Views: 1,840,833

Tom Brady, LeBron James and Matt Leinart Held to Different Standard?

In 2004 and again in 2007 Lebron James had children with his high school girlfriend and both births were big news items on Sportscenter. Matt Leinart and Tom Brady have also had children and were congratulated and celebrated by Sportscenter and other sports media. There are a couple of problems with these "sports news stories."

First of all I was under the impression that sports news had something to do with sports. Unless the news is, "Tom Brady to miss game because of baby's birth" then the birth of Tom Brady's baby is not a sports story. I doubt that England Patriots">New England Patriots fans even care that Tom Brady has a child; I bet Cavaliers fans don't even know that Lebron James has two kids, and I doubt any Cardinals fans know the name of Matt Leinart's baby. Matt Leinart, Tom Brady and Lebron James are expected win games and that is all.

It's bad enough that we have to listen to every bit of news about the latest NFL or NBA player that got arrested but now we have to have updates on the latest news about this athlete getting somebody pregnant. Meanwhile an exciting 8 - 7, 12 inning baseball game is reduced to two highlights, probably both homeruns. Nobody wants to hear about this stuff when they tune into Sportscenter. If somebody wants to know about Tom Brady's new baby then they'll flip the channel over to Entertainment Tonight where all the gossip stories belong.

I also don't understand why all of these athletes are congratulated and celebrated when Lebron James' first kid and Matt Leinart and Tom Brady's babies were all born out of wedlock. I know that is a common thing these days and maybe Lebron James, Matt Leinart and Tom Brady will all be excellent fathers, but that's not the point. The point is that having babies out of wedlock is not moral and nobody should be praised for doing so.

It's also pretty hypocritical.

Many athletes have babies out of wedlock and get poked fun of. People will be quick to make Shawn Kemp jokes because of his history of having children with several different women. But then certain athletes have babies out of wedlock and it's no problem! Congratulations! Lebron James is an incredible athlete, Tom Brady has won 3 Championships and Matt Leinart has a bright future ahead of him, but I'm not going to look past the fact that they did something immoral just because they are more talented than somebody else who did the same thing.

It's pretty irresponsible for Sportscenter and other media outlets to treat these births like a good thing too. Children and teenagers look up to these athletes and if they're told it's okay for Tom Brady to have children out of wedlock then they'll think there is no problem if they have children out of wedlock. This is what leads to broken homes. This is what leads to troubled kids and quite frankly when a kid grows up with one parent that isn't always there it can lead to a situation like the Michael Vick story.

You can call me old-fashioned if you want, or you can even call me uptight but I believe a couple should be married before they have children. A child should not have to be passed back and forth between parents. A child should not be taken care of their mother while the father pays child support from a distance. Being a parent is not a part time job. Couples that have children should be married, they should be a family, and Matt Leinart, Lebron James and Tom Brady should not be praised for having children out of wedlock

And now we have Stephen Jackson to add to the list.

Don't get me wrong, I like Jax --very much. I think he's a good man and have supported him as much as I've been able to (even during last year's drama when he held out before training camp).

I just don't like this notion of having babies out of wedlock, particularly when it is not "accidental". I wish more athletes would man up and do what is right. And this concept of defining 'what is right' BTW, ought not be that difficult to establish.

Perhaps Jax will marry the mother of his child and properly raise a family. THEN it would be a more justified reason to congratulate him on my part.

And if he does well as our main RB, why...he will be THE MAN!

In 2004 and again in 2007 Lebron James had children with his high school girlfriend and both births were big news items on Sportscenter. Matt Leinart and Tom Brady have also had children and were congratulated and celebrated by Sportscenter and other sports media. There are a couple of problems with these "sports news stories."

First of all I was under the impression that sports news had something to do with sports. Unless the news is, "Tom Brady to miss game because of baby's birth" then the birth of Tom Brady's baby is not a sports story. I doubt that England Patriots">New England Patriots fans even care that Tom Brady has a child; I bet Cavaliers fans don't even know that Lebron James has two kids, and I doubt any Cardinals fans know the name of Matt Leinart's baby. Matt Leinart, Tom Brady and Lebron James are expected win games and that is all.

It's bad enough that we have to listen to every bit of news about the latest NFL or NBA player that got arrested but now we have to have updates on the latest news about this athlete getting somebody pregnant. Meanwhile an exciting 8 - 7, 12 inning baseball game is reduced to two highlights, probably both homeruns. Nobody wants to hear about this stuff when they tune into Sportscenter. If somebody wants to know about Tom Brady's new baby then they'll flip the channel over to Entertainment Tonight where all the gossip stories belong.

I also don't understand why all of these athletes are congratulated and celebrated when Lebron James' first kid and Matt Leinart and Tom Brady's babies were all born out of wedlock. I know that is a common thing these days and maybe Lebron James, Matt Leinart and Tom Brady will all be excellent fathers, but that's not the point. The point is that having babies out of wedlock is not moral and nobody should be praised for doing so.

Many athletes have babies out of wedlock and get poked fun of. People will be quick to make Shawn Kemp jokes because of his history of having children with several different women. But then certain athletes have babies out of wedlock and it's no problem! Congratulations! Lebron James is an incredible athlete, Tom Brady has won 3 Championships and Matt Leinart has a bright future ahead of him, but I'm not going to look past the fact that they did something immoral just because they are more talented than somebody else who did the same thing.

It's pretty irresponsible for Sportscenter and other media outlets to treat these births like a good thing too. Children and teenagers look up to these athletes and if they're told it's okay for Tom Brady to have children out of wedlock then they'll think there is no problem if they have children out of wedlock. This is what leads to broken homes. This is what leads to troubled kids and quite frankly when a kid grows up with one parent that isn't always there it can lead to a situation like the Michael Vick story.

You can call me old-fashioned if you want, or you can even call me uptight but I believe a couple should be married before they have children. A child should not have to be passed back and forth between parents. A child should not be taken care of their mother while the father pays child support from a distance. Being a parent is not a part time job. Couples that have children should be married, they should be a family, and Matt Leinart, Lebron James and Tom Brady should not be praised for having children out of wedlock

[End of article]

Don't get me wrong, I like Jax --very much. I think he's a good man and have supported him as much as I've been able to (even during last year's drama when he held out before training camp).

I just don't like this notion of having babies out of wedlock, particularly when it is not "accidental". I wish more athletes would man up and do what is right. And this concept of defining 'what is right' BTW, ought not be that difficult to establish.

Perhaps Jax will marry the mother of his child and properly raise a family. THEN it would be a more justified reason to congratulate him on my part.

[End of article]

[End of article]

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post

I don't really know where this came from or why it's being discussed, because it really has nothing to do with football, but don't you think it's a little unfair just to dump S.J. in the mounds of mounds of broken families and deadbeat dads simply because he had a child out of wedlock?

I cannot think of a single Ram's player in history that is as well-respected as S.J. is across the league, not only on the field, but in the community also, yet he gets beaten and bashed on this board like no other ...

You, nor me, or anything else on this board has any idea what Jackson's family situation is. Maybe his girlfriend does not want to get married, maybe they don't believe in the concept of marriage, maybe they wanted to have a child, maybe they had the child by accident. It really does not matter why they are not maybe, nor does it really matter under what circumstances the baby was conceived, as long as the baby is well taken care of and receives plenty of love on a regular basis ...

Implying that they cannot "properly raise a family" because they are not married is absurd, for many reasons ...

Jackson has a notion for "running his mouth" but everytime I hear him speak, he comes off as very honest, very articulate, and very intelligently. But the guy just cannot win. He will always live in Marshall Faulk's shadow, partially because the fans won't let him out, and partially because he's never been put in a situation where he could succeed like Marshall. They are VERY few teams in this league that Jackson would not be starting for should he be traded there today. And in those situations, it's simply because there already is an established back ...

Jackson has had injury problems, be he is simply the ALPHA-BACK when it comes to ball carriers in the NFL. Nobody has the skill set that this guy has, I don't even think it's close. He's getting right into the prime of his career, and I think the things he will do in the next 3-4 years will be talked about for decades to come ...

That is, if we can get over the fact that he had a baby out of wedlock ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast