Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: Steven Jackson becomes a dad!

Infiniti, this thread IS about Jax having a child. Hello?...

There are MANY things we discuss here in ClanRam that pertain to the PERSONAL lives of our Rams heroes, past and present. Some did good, some made mistakes -- that is, based on either our judgement or that of the press or, usually, both.

Oftentimes the profession of these men takes a secondary level of importance simply because of what they have done with their personal lives; again, good or bad. We, the fans, have this quaint privilege of commenting about their deeds or their mistakes on the simple premise that they are public figures, 'large public figures' at that.

I stated I like Jackson very much. I also mentioned I hope he does well as our main RB (particularly in 2009). But my problem with his having a son out of marriage is an observation not only of his case but of many others athletes that follow this type of parenthood, which IMO is seriously WRONG.

No, of course I don't "have any idea" of what the situation of Jackson's family is!

But the fact, the public figure fact, is that yet another child is born out of wedlock; just as Tom Brady's, LeBron James', and Matt Leinart's fathered one or more (as described in the article [post #26]). T H A T is what rubs me the wrong way.

But I DO NOT "dump S. J. in the mounds of mounds of broken families and deadbeat dads simply because he had a child out of wedlock" as you implied I do. I am referring mainly to the athletes --even if they would wear the cherished uniform of the Rams -- that I believe make a sociological mistake by procreating outside the structure of marriage, i.e., the basis of a family, therein the odds of success or failure in the future of their child and in a much larger overall picture, of society.

By the comments you made about Jax "...getting right into the prime of his career, and I think the things he will do in the next 3-4 years will be talked about for decades to come ... that is, if we can get over the fact that he had a baby out of wedlock...", you reminded me of another strong RB we had from 1985 to 1988: Charles White. Great potential and promise. Coach Robinson believed in him, the team did, the fans. But Charles White could not get over a drug problem.

Fine, that is a different issue on a different player and there are many, many that fall under the widespread subject of questionable fatherhood. There is, however, another potential in these cases that sometimes, somehow, run a parallel in wrongdoing. And as stated, I believe that what Stephen Jackson has done by fathering a child the way he did is wrong: 'double-u, ar, o, en, gee'. Wrong.

At best, IMHO, that manner of procreating is indeed q u e s t i o n a b l e. Way too many problem arise as a result of this. And once more, I refer specifically to the situation among athletes, both collegiate and professional. Sometimes, as they become a dad, they produce a baggage that becomes too heavy and permanent. Sometimes they are able to carry it well.

I still believe in Jax as a very fine RB and am glad he is still with the Rams. As GameTime wonders, "How many baby momma's does Marshall have?", so do I. Yet this really does not diminish one bit my admiration for Marshall as one of the best RBs the Rams have ever had, and I will always be grateful to him for his accomplishments and good deeds off the field. ...Except for his fatherhing children.

Some people think it is wrong to have more than one wife. Some believe it is wrong to live in bondage outside of marriage (I suscribe to both as being bad blunders). I just happen to also think that the Jackson action with his girlfriend [?] is dead wrong.

Previously I posted my hope for S. J. to be a deserving ProBowler. Still do. GO JAX IN 09! GO RAMS!
    Last edited by RealRam; -03-25-2009 at 03:54 PM. Reason: "Speleen"

By the way, I did a Google research on athletes that unfortunately (IMO) fall under this category of "becoming dads" and found this site called 'Lipstick Alley' -- maybe a questionable source itself -- with this info on Celebrities.

Posted on March, 2008. I bring it here, verbatim, because I think it is directly related to this thread of the Rams Steven Jackson 'becoming a dad'. And a reference to my point of view as well.

I'm still rooting for Jax to do be the MAN this year in our offense.

List of Professional Athletes and there children out of wedlock, it's WILD!! LOL

I'd like to thank my buddy Larry Brown at Larry Brown Sports for informing me that I needed to update this list. That's because Larry found out that former basketball player Jason Caffey, who played like a shot dog for my G-State Warriors some years back, has 8 kids by 7 women, putting him in elite company on our list. No, he's not Calvin "I should have been a Mormon" Murphy or Travis Henry. But he managed to get past Shawn Kemp, which is quite the achievement. You have to actively try to get a number that high. By the way I've also confirmed that Marshall Faulk and Ray Lewis are going to be joining the middleweights due to their, uh, productive careers.

But first, as always, a legendary story that reader Paul sent us about Shawn Kemp. It's awesome.

In college I was an intern for the Portland Trailblazers (mind you, this was during their Jailblazers heyday while Shawn Kemp was there). I did a bunch of stuff for the PR Department and one day I was filing a bunch of stuff in the office and I came across the Player Questionnaires that they have each new player fill out when they are acquired. It gives them some stupid personal info to include in the media guide and for the announcers and what not. Anyway, on Shawn Kemp’s questionnaire under hobbies it said, “girls”. And my personal favorite – under favorite breakfast he listed, “girls”.

Brilliant work Paul. As usual, we've decided not to include people like LeBron James on the list, who's at least with his girlfriend while having kids.

Feel free to let us know if we missed anyone, and we'll update the list again whenever someone surpasses Shawn Kemp's total.

ATHLETES WITH ILLEGITIMATE KIDS

THE HEAVYWEIGHTS
    Calvin Murphy - 14 illegitimate kids by 9 women. You sir are our current champion.
    Travis Henry- 9 kids by 9 women. All of this by 28. Impressive. He is on pace to catch Calvin. The fact that he's broke from paying child support may slow him down though.

Ex-San Antonio Spur Willie Anderson - 9 illegitimate kids. If only his field goal percentage had been as high as his impregnation rate.

Evander Holyfield - 9 illegitimate kids. Has more kids than brain cells left.
    NEW MEMBER Jason Caffey - 8 kids by 7 women.

Shawn Kemp - 7 illegitimate kids by 6 women. Gives his nickname of the Reign Man new meaning.

Derrick Thomas - 7 illegitimate kids by 5 women. He died at 33. Let's just leave it at that.

THE MIDDLEWEIGHTS
    NEW MEMBER Ray Lewis - 6 kids by 4 women.

NEW MEMBER Marshall Faulk - 6 kids by 3 women. Which is probably why he considered coming out of retirement.

Larry Johnson (basketball) - 5 kids by 4 women. 3 are illegitimate.

Charles Rogers - Uber-NFL Draft bust reportedly has 5 illegitimate kids...and no paycheck. Definitely the makings of a solid family.

Vlad Guerrero - 4 kids by 4 women.

Santonio Holmes - 3 illegitimate kids by two women, before leaving college.

Former Celtic Greg Minor - 3 illegitimate kids.

Ricky Williams - 3 illegitimate kids. Maybe that's why he smokes so much weed.

Priest Holmes - 3 illegitimate kids. You best keep running Priest.

Chad Johnson - Has 3 illegitimate kids.

Shannon "Horseface" Sharpe - 3 as well.

Mike Bibby - apparently had two before leaving 'Zona.

THE LIGHTNING FAST GROUP
    Willis McGahee - 3 illegitimate kids in 2 years in Buffalo. Not a lot to do in Buffalo, except make babies. Lots and lots of babies.

THE GUYS YOU WOULDN'T EXPECT GROUP
    Walter Herrmann
    Peja Stojakovic
    Wizards Coach Eddie Jordan
    NHL player Daniel Alfredsson
    NHL player Richard Zednik
    Mike Miller
    Marvin Harrison
    Tracy McGrady

THE FAMOUS OLD GUYS GROUP
    Steve Garvey - 2 illegitimate kids by 2 women.
    Dr. J - 2 illegitimate kids by 2 women. I actually met one of them.
    Larry Bird
    Isiah Thomas
    Jim Palmer
    Darryl Strawberry
    Pete Rose
    Tug McGraw

THE GETTING A HEAD START GROUP
    Gary Sheffield - Had 2 illegitimate kids by age 17. Added a few more later on in life.

THE 'THAT'S JUST WRONG' GROUP
    Elijah Dukes - recently impregnated a 17-year-old foster child. Also has 4 more illegitimate kids - making him a middleweight as well.

THE QB KIDS GROUP
    Matt Leinart - already has one, my guess is he's working hard on another while that collar bone heals.
    Tom Brady - the dream baby is here.

'KEEP YOUR EYE ON THIS GUY' GROUP
    Noel Devine - He's not an official member yet because he's not a pro. He's an incoming freshman at WV. But he had 2 illegitimate kids in high school, and possibly more. Keep it Noel, a good start, but you've got a long way to go.

GUYS WITH AT LEAST ONE ILLEGITIMATE KID
    Antawn Jamison
    Chipper Jones
    DeShawn Stevenson
    Cliff Floyd
    Mark Messier
    Brian Urlacher
    Rae Carruth - Yes, he fathered an illegitimate kid before the incident where he had his pregnant girlfriend gunned down.
    Oscar De La Hoya
    Juan Gonzalez
    Andre Rison
    David Justice
    Andruw Jones
    Alonzo Spellman
    Dave Meggett
    Gary Payton - From a reader: The best part about Gary Payton is that his illegitimate kid is named "Gary Payton, Jr." so that when his wife (or whatever) had a kid, and he wanted a junior, he couldn't do it without major confusion, so he named his legitimate kid "Gary Payton II."
    Stephon Marbury
    Jason Kidd
    Allen Iverson
    Latrell Sprewell
    Juwan Howard
    Kenny Anderson
    Scottie Pippen
    Hakeem Olajuwon
    Patrick Ewing
    Randy Johnson

So in other words, the moral of the story is wrap it up tight. Unless you're a professional athlete. Then just do whatever the hell you want.

By the way, I did a Google research on athletes that unfortunately (IMO) fall under this dubious category of "becoming dads" and found this site called 'Lipstick Alley' -- maybe a questionable source itself -- with this info on Celebrities, below.

I bring it here, verbatim, because I think it is directly related to this thread of the Rams Steven Jackson 'becoming a dad'. And a reference to my point of view as well.

I'm still rooting for Jax to do be the M A N this year in our offense.

Posted on March, 2008.

List of Professional Athletes and there children out of wedlock, it's WILD!! LOL

I'd like to thank my buddy Larry Brown at Larry Brown Sports for informing me that I needed to update this list. That's because Larry found out that former basketball player Jason Caffey, who played like a shot dog for my G-State Warriors some years back, has 8 kids by 7 women, putting him in elite company on our list. No, he's not Calvin "I should have been a Mormon" Murphy or Travis Henry. But he managed to get past Shawn Kemp, which is quite the achievement. You have to actively try to get a number that high. By the way I've also confirmed that Marshall Faulk and Ray Lewis are going to be joining the middleweights due to their, uh, productive careers.

But first, as always, a legendary story that reader Paul sent us about Shawn Kemp. It's awesome.

In college I was an intern for the Portland Trailblazers (mind you, this was during their Jailblazers heyday while Shawn Kemp was there). I did a bunch of stuff for the Page Ranking Department and one day I was filing a bunch of stuff in the office and I came across the Player Questionnaires that they have each new player fill out when they are acquired. It gives them some stupid personal info to include in the media guide and for the announcers and what not. Anyway, on Shawn Kemp’s questionnaire under hobbies it said, “girls”. And my personal favorite – under favorite breakfast he listed, “girls”.

Brilliant work Paul. As usual, we've decided not to include people like LeBron James on the list, who's at least with his girlfriend while having kids.

Feel free to let us know if we missed anyone, and we'll update the list again whenever someone surpasses Shawn Kemp's total.

THE HEAVYWEIGHTS
    Calvin Murphy - 14 illegitimate kids by 9 women. You sir are our current champion.
    Travis Henry- 9 kids by 9 women. All of this by 28. Impressive. He is on pace to catch Calvin. The fact that he's broke from paying child support may slow him down though.

Ex-San Antonio Spur Willie Anderson - 9 illegitimate kids. If only his field goal percentage had been as high as his impregnation rate.

Shawn Kemp - 7 illegitimate kids by 6 women. Gives his nickname of the Reign Man new meaning.

Derrick Thomas - 7 illegitimate kids by 5 women. He died at 33. Let's just leave it at that.

THE MIDDLEWEIGHTS

NEW MEMBER Marshall Faulk - 6 kids by 3 women. Which is probably why he considered coming out of retirement.

Charles Rogers - Uber-NFL Draft bust reportedly has 5 illegitimate kids...and no paycheck. Definitely the makings of a solid family.

THE 'LIGHTNING FAST' GROUP
    Willis McGahee - 3 illegitimate kids in 2 years in Buffalo. Not a lot to do in Buffalo, except make babies. Lots and lots of babies.

THE 'GUYS YOU WOULDN'T EXPECT' GROUP
    Walter Herrmann
    Peja Stojakovic
    Mike Miller
    Marvin Harrison
    Tracy McGrady

THE 'FAMOUS OLD GUYS' GROUP
    Larry Bird
    Isiah Thomas
    Jim Palmer
    Darryl Strawberry
    Pete Rose
    Tug McGraw

THE 'GETTING A HEAD START' GROUP
    Gary Sheffield - Had 2 illegitimate kids by age 17. Added a few more later on in life.

Elijah Dukes - recently impregnated a 17-year-old foster child. Also has 4 more illegitimate kids - making him a middleweight as well.

THE 'QB KIDS' GROUP
    Matt Leinart - already has one, my guess is he's working hard on another while that collar bone heals.

Noel Devine - He's not an official member yet because he's not a pro. He's an incoming freshman at WV. But he had 2 illegitimate kids in high school, and possibly more. Keep it Noel, a good start, but you've got a long way to go.

Antawn Jamison
    Chipper Jones
    DeShawn Stevenson
    Cliff Floyd
    Mark Messier
    Brian Urlacher
    Rae Carruth - Yes, he fathered an illegitimate kid before the incident where he had his pregnant girlfriend gunned down.
    Oscar De La Hoya
    Juan Gonzalez
    Andre Rison
    David Justice
    Andruw Jones
    Alonzo Spellman
    Dave Meggett
    Gary Payton - From a reader: The best part about Gary Payton is that his illegitimate kid is named "Gary Payton, Jr." so that when his wife (or whatever) had a kid, and he wanted a junior, he couldn't do it without major confusion, so he named his legitimate kid "Gary Payton II."
    Stephon Marbury
    Jason Kidd
    Allen Iverson
    Latrell Sprewell
    Juwan Howard
    Kenny Anderson
    Scottie Pippen
    Hakeem Olajuwon
    Patrick Ewing
    Randy Johnson

So in other words, the moral of the story is wrap it up tight. Unless you're a professional athlete. Then just do whatever the hell you want.

[End of post as found in the aforementioned site]
    Last edited by RealRam; -03-25-2009 at 03:47 PM. Reason: End of post indicator

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    By the way, I did a Google research on athletes that unfortunately (IMO) fall under this dubious category of "becoming dads" and found this site called 'Lipstick Alley' -- maybe a questionable source itself -- with this info on Celebrities, below.

I bring it here, verbatim, because I think it is directly related to this thread of the Rams Steven Jackson 'becoming a dad'. And a reference to my point of view as well.

I'm still rooting for Jax to do be the M A N this year in our offense.

Posted on March, 2008.

In college I was an intern for the Portland Trailblazers (mind you, this was during their Jailblazers heyday while Shawn Kemp was there). I did a bunch of stuff for the Page Ranking Department and one day I was filing a bunch of stuff in the office and I came across the Player Questionnaires that they have each new player fill out when they are acquired. It gives them some stupid personal info to include in the media guide and for the announcers and what not. Anyway, on Shawn Kemp’s questionnaire under hobbies it said, “girls”. And my personal favorite – under favorite breakfast he listed, “girls”.

THE HEAVYWEIGHTS

THE MIDDLEWEIGHTS

THE 'LIGHTNING FAST' GROUP

THE 'GUYS YOU WOULDN'T EXPECT' GROUP
    Walter Herrmann
    Peja Stojakovic
    Mike Miller
    Marvin Harrison
    Tracy McGrady

THE 'FAMOUS OLD GUYS' GROUP
    Larry Bird
    Isiah Thomas
    Jim Palmer
    Darryl Strawberry
    Pete Rose
    Tug McGraw

THE 'GETTING A HEAD START' GROUP

THE 'QB KIDS' GROUP

Antawn Jamison
    Chipper Jones
    DeShawn Stevenson
    Cliff Floyd
    Mark Messier
    Brian Urlacher
    Oscar De La Hoya
    Juan Gonzalez
    Andre Rison
    David Justice
    Andruw Jones
    Alonzo Spellman
    Dave Meggett
    Stephon Marbury
    Jason Kidd
    Allen Iverson
    Latrell Sprewell
    Juwan Howard
    Kenny Anderson
    Scottie Pippen
    Hakeem Olajuwon
    Patrick Ewing
    Randy Johnson

[End of post as found in the aforementioned site]
    Are any of them using their "illigitmate" kids to gain citizenship in our country? If not then it doesnt really bother me.
    Just Fix It

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123