Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ScottD413 is offline Registered User

Re: Steven Jackson "bring It"

I dont think you can blame the Rams FO. If you believe what has been said, and I do, They have offered SJ an ammount that puts him in the top 5 RBs in the league. That is what he deserves!! He doesnt deserve more than that!! He isnt the best RB in the league, but he wants to be paid like it! This all boils down to SJ being GREEDY!!!

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ScottD413 View Post
    I dont think you can blame the Rams FO. If you believe what has been said, and I do, They have offered SJ an ammount that puts him in the top 5 RBs in the league. That is what he deserves!! He doesnt deserve more than that!! He isnt the best RB in the league, but he wants to be paid like it! This all boils down to SJ being GREEDY!!!
    How do you know that it's only about money, or even about money at all? You don't know. It could be about specific language in the contract, among other things. So why jump to conclusions.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    If you're looking for something to blame, I think you can blame the franchise tag. Without that rule, the Rams would be forced to re-sign Jackson now or risk competing for his services next year. With the tag, the Rams have a safety net that keeps them from having to re-sign Jackson in the foreseeable future.
    Exactly, but what they also do is put him in a situation where it's not good for either sides. As I've said in a previous post some months ago, we really have a terrible F.O. They've made bad draft decisions and free agent decisions. Hopefully they'll get this one right.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsbruce View Post
    How do you know that it's only about money, or even about money at all? You don't know. It could be about specific language in the contract, among other things. So why jump to conclusions.

Hey, wouldn't I like to know! But whatever it may be, I only hope next week brings Jax to the field with the Rams.

Bring it! To the "agent", two word U R G E N T telegram ... BRING HIM!!!
    Last edited by RealRam; -08-01-2008 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Format

IzzyHigh1212 is offline Registered User

He'll be in camp soon. You guys need to chill. At least he's talking to his teammates and his coach. It's more than likely on his agent..not him. He's doing what his agent TOLD him to do. He hired him for a reason...why would you not listen to him? Chances are, the deal has nothing to do with the money..but maybe something else written in the contract. Contract's are more complex that a dollar sign, number, line, and signature.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyHigh1212 View Post
    Contract's are more complex that a dollar sign, number, line, and signature.
    What? you mean there's some kind of mythical finer print? Extraordianry!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Pang View Post
    The very next time said player decides to castigate certain section of the fanbase for being as solid as jelly in the face of adversity, he'll find he runs out of credibility. Its hard to talk about commitment after being seen to renege on the contract you were more than happy to sign 4 years ago.
    You do understand, though, that there's a major difference between missing training camp practices (Jackson) and missing regular season home games (fans), right? Those important distinctions are blurred when you paint things with a broad brush.

Quote Originally Posted by St.Louis Ram 56 View Post
    IF YOUR NOT IN CAMP MONDAY PACK IT !
    Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    So yeah, I agree with 56. Jackson, if you don't get into camp within a few days, I'm all for trading your butt for a couple 1st round picks and either moving on or maybe trading the Giants for one of their backs. I hear that the Bears could use a starting RB.
    ...are you two serious? Ignoring for a second that you wouldn't get a first round pick for Jackson in a trade, you'd really trade the player who is arguably the face of your franchise because he's held out of camp a couple of days seeking an extension to his rookie contract?

It's one thing to be upset about a guy holding out. But these kind of extreme statements make little to no sense at all in my opinion.

I've said it before, and I'll say it a hundred more times apparently. The sooner people begin to understand that the NFL is a business where both organizations and players protect their own interests first and foremost, the better.

Guys like Jerry Rice, Emmitt Smith, Isaac Bruce, and perhaps even Brett Favre get cut or traded from their franchise and play for other teams, yet fans complain about players not showing loyalty and commitment? Has anybody been watching the NFL over the past decade? This is how it works, people!

Maybe it's not the system you want, but it's the system we have. Criticizing or even vilifying players for acting from that mindset isn't going to change anything; in the end, you'll have just worked yourself up.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Hmm. Rather behind in my information technology methods...

Sorry. I forgot "Telegrams" were something used and obsolete last century.

U R G E N T two word text message to Jax' agent: "BRING HIM!!!"

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

Gotta love the agents--or is that another politically correct name for blood sucking parasite? Making a living of someone elses talent, doesn't sound like a living to me, someone that has to work. Sadly in some respects they are a neccessary evil, making sure their clients are taken care off and recieve far value. But ought the agents also should be looking to find their clients opportunities outside of football in terms of endorsements-appearences-books-or whatever? Is there some law that only (or mostly) that basketball players can trade mark/endorse shoes

I have yet to hear what the points are--what Jackson is wanting for $$$ and what the Rams are offering. Solution--GIVE him the money...BUT make him earn it in insentives. Rush for 1200 years, he gets 50% of his asking price...catch 500 yards he gets another 20%...score 20 TDs he gets 20% of his asking price, play in 14 games he gets the rest...and make that deal for 5 years. ITs a putup or shutup solution.

However the Owners & teams verse the players union turns out...all contracts ought to have a drop-dead clause where failure to abide by the term of a contract--you pay your signing bonus back to the team, and are inaligiable to play for a year. On the flip side all signing bonuses are paid upfront and not spreadout as are in many cases. And up the salary cap. ought to keep the Jerry Jones of the world from buying a SUPERBOWL and have to build a team the hardway.

Things we fans need to remember is that first, the players have a right to make as much money as their talent will allow them to make...also have to remember that no one makes them play football either. Its a privilage, a rare ans special privilage very few of us will ever get.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Dragoon View Post
    Rush for 1200 years
    I think that specific incentive might be a little tough to reach.

eric2810 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    I'm all for trading your butt for a couple 1st round picks and either moving on .
    Whoa dude hold on a sec. Just because Everything doesn't turn out as planned doesn't mean we give up on the guy. Jax is just looking for some job security which I believe he deserves.

56', I think your a bit overreacting. Sure Lombardi would of been all over Jax, but we're in a very different era of football these days. Money, Money, more money, and then football. Yeah it shouldn't have to be that way but thats how it is.

Also, If the Rams would put the franchise tag on him, I think it would show the Rams FO is even more weak and would be a slap to the face.
    Last edited by eric2810; -08-03-2008 at 04:38 AM.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Dragoon View Post
    Rush for 1200 years
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I think that specific incentive might be a little tough to reach.
    Not for Methuselah Jackson.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

I believe the sticking point right now between Jax and the Rams, is how much "quaranteed money" he'll get. Jackson wants a boatload of it (over 20 mil, I read) and the Rams are reluctant to give that up. I would be too, given his history of injuries.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12