throwback week

general counsel is offline Registered User

steven jackson contract-gore sets the market

frank gore signed today. Four new years, adding to the one he had left on his original rookie deal. same place i believe jackson will be in a year from now (ie he will have one year left on his rookie deal). Gore got 6.5 million up front with about 13 million guaranteed. As the cap goes up, if jackson does it again this year (lets hope), this money will go up a bit as well, but at least this tells you the ballpark of where the bargaining begins.

Lets hope that bulger signs this year so that we are not looking at contracts for bulger and jackson at the same time. I am willing to bet that jackson wants more money at the end of next year, a LOT more money, and he will deserve it.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

CoMoChief Guest

Re: steven jackson contract-gore sets the market

With the deals that Edge,Gore and Alexander got, Jackson is **Admin Edited** on a fat contract.

Same can be said for LJ in Kansas City.
    Last edited by RamDez; -03-28-2007 at 06:33 AM. Reason: rule violation

Varg6 is offline Registered User

yeah he deserves a contract extension along with Bulger...and why not now? Its not like there are any big FA names we're going to pursue or anything. This year's class was terrible, we may as well just get this done over with so there are no problems with it down the road. Just get the damn contracts to them, and get 'em to sign already!!!!!!!

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

i think the reason not to do it now is god forbid what happens if he gets hurt this year. He has had one truly monster season, i dont have a problem with the rams wanting to see him do it again one more time. I will have a problem if the rams dont pay him next year and let him go into his free agent season without a contract. Thats an accident waiting to happen.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

txramsfan is offline Registered User

If Jackson has the same type of year or better than last year, the FO will lock him up. I'll give the Rams FO credit for one thing, they make sure the offensive stars are taken care of.

But it took quite a while with Pace and while a lot of that blame belongs to the postons, lets hope we dont have a similar debacle with the Big Boy.

Tx, we did manage to lock up leonard, truly our best guy on defense.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    i think the reason not to do it now is god forbid what happens if he gets hurt this year. He has had one truly monster season, i dont have a problem with the rams wanting to see him do it again one more time. I will have a problem if the rams dont pay him next year and let him go into his free agent season without a contract. Thats an accident waiting to happen.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    That is truly what worries me. The worst case scenario is we pay him and give a contract extension (which I believe he deserves, we know he can put up the numbers, even when hurt. We saw what he could do for a full year.) and he gets hurt and we put in Veteran Frerotte. I don't want to see that happen, but it scares me thinking we'd even put him on the market or Jackson. I say lock 'em up now so we don't have to worry. Jackson's durability isn't a problem, and I think with Linehan's workout system/training camp, Bulger will be fine once again.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams