Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Steven Jackson has officially voided the final year of his contract

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Re: Steven Jackson has officially voided the final year of his contract

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    If that is what he meant, then signing an OL is the constant that exists in both equations, meaning its really a choice between SJax or Kenny Phillips.

I'll take SJax every day and thrice on Sunday (or Monday or Thursday night, as the case may be).
    I agree, if we can resign S-Jax to a reasonably low contract (under 5 mil a year) I'd love to have him back... unfortunately I think he'll get more than that in FA and the lure of a championship will be to great for him to give us a big hometown discount.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I can find about 30 other RB's in this league if not more that can produce exactly the 1,000 yards he had last year.
    You need to find better ways to support your conclusion. SJax was 15th in the league in rushing last year. The 30th ranked RB in the league was Jonathan Dwyer, who ran for 623 yards (419 fewer than SJax) and had a lower ypc (4.0).

If its a choice between SJax and a top FA at a need position, I'd probably be inclined to agree with you. But you don't need to underrate SJax to reach that conclusion.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

You need to find better ways to support your conclusion. SJax was 15th in the league in rushing last year. The 30th ranked RB in the league was Jonathan Dwyer, who ran for 623 yards (419 fewer than SJax) and had a lower ypc (4.0).

If its a choice between SJax and a top FA at a need position, I'd probably be inclined to agree with you. But you don't need to underrate SJax to reach that conclusion.
    Perhaps you're right, but at the same time its not as cut and dry as your stating it. Just because the 30th rusher doesn't have 1,000 doesn't mean there aren't 30 guys that I COULD FIND and put into my backfield to get that 1,000. Matter of fact, given a full workload, I believe both Drich and Pead could get 1,000. Also, LeSean McCoy is the only Eagle to get 1,000 next year, but I bet if I had Bryce Brown as a starter here he could get 1,000 as well..

There's more to it than just looking at the stats in that manner. There's a lot of backups in this league that could get 1,000 if given the opportunity.

THE DREAM TEAM

Maybe so.

Now go over to the Pro Days thread. I left you a present.
    sosa39rams likes this.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Perhaps you're right, but at the same time its not as cut and dry as your stating it. Just because the 30th rusher doesn't have 1,000 doesn't mean there aren't 30 guys that I COULD FIND and put into my backfield to get that 1,000. Matter of fact, given a full workload, I believe both Drich and Pead could get 1,000. Also, LeSean McCoy is the only Eagle to get 1,000 next year, but I bet if I had Bryce Brown as a starter here he could get 1,000 as well..

There's more to it than just looking at the stats in that manner. There's a lot of backups in this league that could get 1,000 if given the opportunity.
    This sounds an awful lot like the argument I take when it comes to not spending 11 -12 million on a receiver when I know for a fact that two much cheaper receiver given the targets can produce the same amount of yards and TDs as on over paid FA WR. Just sayin.

In this case I think a combinations of three backs will produce the same as SJ if the Rams decide to go that route. I don't think you can find one guy that can get 1000 yards as easy as you make it sound. That guy needs to be a three down back and they are few and far between.
    HUbison likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    This sounds an awful lot like the argument I take when it comes to not spending 11 -12 million on a receiver when I know for a fact that two much cheaper receiver given the targets can produce the same amount of yards and TDs as on over paid FA WR. Just sayin.

In this case I think a combinations of three backs will produce the same as SJ if the Rams decide to go that route. I don't think you can find one guy that can get 1000 yards as easy as you make it sound. That guy needs to be a three down back and they are few and far between.
    Not necessarily. Stevan Ridley, Shonn Greene, and Ahmad Bradshaw all broke the 1,000 yard mark but none of them were 3 down backs. 1,000 yards just isn't as special as it used to be. I'm very confident that I could find a lot of backs in this league that haven't gotten 1,000 but I could get 1,000 with next year.

THE DREAM TEAM

I'm very confident that I could find a lot of backs in this league that haven't gotten 1,000 but I could get 1,000 with next year.
    The big question is whether Daryl Richardson or Isaiah Pead might be one of them.

The big question is whether Daryl Richardson or Isaiah Pead might be one of them.
    Hopefully. I believe in Pead as a featured back, but that may the optimistic homer in me. Some of the plays he made in college were LeSean McCoy-esque, and that skill didn't just dissapear. They will probably split carries. I just hope Pead is finally comfortable and adjusted. Last year he was thinking way too much rather than just playing.

I'm still one of the few believers in Pead. Unleash the Pead!!!

THE DREAM TEAM

jmk321 is offline Registered User

So what are the rules on wearing jerseys after that player has left your team? Do I have to wait until SJax retires or am I still allowed to wear his jersey because he spent so much time with the Rams? My only other Rams jersey is a Marshall Faulk one that I got when I was 10 so that's not a viable option.

Quote Originally Posted by jmk321 View Post
    So what are the rules on wearing jerseys after that player has left your team? Do I have to wait until SJax retires or am I still allowed to wear his jersey because he spent so much time with the Rams? My only other Rams jersey is a Marshall Faulk one that I got when I was 10 so that's not a viable option.
    Hey, it's better than having two SJ jerseys.. As well as a #72 Chris Long one. I think it's safe to say I don't have great luck with jerseys.

THE DREAM TEAM

jmk321 is offline Registered User

Hopefully. I believe in Pead as a featured back, but that may the optimistic homer in me. Some of the plays he made in college were LeSean McCoy-esque, and that skill didn't just dissapear. They will probably split carries. I just hope Pead is finally comfortable and adjusted. Last year he was thinking way too much rather than just playing.

I'm still one of the few believers in Pead. Unleash the Pead!!!
    I still like Pead too. I don't think it's fair to write him off because I think his lack of playing time was due to Richardson playing well rather than Pead underperforming. Pead is one reason why I feel comfortable letting SJax go. I wish the crappy 3rd grade humor Isaiah Pead fantasy team names would go away though.

I still like Pead too. I don't think it's fair to write him off because I think his lack of playing time was due to Richardson playing well rather than Pead underperforming. Pead is one reason why I feel comfortable letting SJax go. I wish the crappy 3rd grade humor Isaiah Pead fantasy team names would go away though.
    I'm telling you, Pead's gonna surprise some people next year.

THE DREAM TEAM

Rambos is offline Registered User

I'm telling you, Pead's gonna surprise some people next year.
    I'm with you but don't sleep on the sandwich maker!

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

If there are rules for Rams fans, I'm a major violater. I've been a Chargers fan for over 40 years, rooted for Warner when he was with the Giants and Cardinals, and wore his Rams jersey long after he left St. Louis. I did the same with Ike's jersey.

SCREW THE RULES! If Jackson leaves, continue to wear your jersey with pride, I would.

Back on topic, it'll be interesting to see what happens with Jackson. Nothing will surprise me.
    Agrajag likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I'm with you but don't sleep on the sandwich maker!

He's ok, but I wouldn't expect much. Plus, I think he was the beneficiary of a wide open spread offense, as well as probably the most athletic QB of all time.

I bet he does make one hell of a sandwich though!
    Rambos likes this.

THE DREAM TEAM

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast