Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fastcat is offline Registered User

Steven Jackson: I hope you see this!

I like Jackson and I think he has the potential to be one of the best backs in the NFL. But he will never be unless he does 2 things

1. Stay healthy... you pretty much cant control this one

2. run hard EVERY PLAY! I mean the dude is about 240lbs and he dances/tip toes in the backfield like he's Marshall Faulk. I dont wanna here he has no blocking... he should be able to fall forward for a yrd! He needs to run like Brandon Jacobs or a Marion Barber or a AP. He shows flashes of that like when he ran all over Dallas. But its like it runs like that when he wants to.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Re: Steven Jackson: I hope you see this!

1. Welcome to the Clan.

2. I don't think S Jax frequently checks this site, if he does he needs to chime in once in awhile.

3. I see your point and I agree that S Jax likes to bounce around and I too would prefer to see him just lower his head and RAM the defenders.

4. Something us fans don't always think about is how it feels to just lower your head and get jacked up thirty times a game. Sure Jax is probably hurting them as much as they are hurting him, but I would prefer a "dancing" jackson over one sitting on the bench. What I'm trying to say is if he can avoid the big hit, which he can do to his underrated quickness, than I would prefer that over getting lit up all the time. I dont want him to be a sissy, but if he takes all the hits we will only be talking about a Pro Bowl Steven for four more years.

Thanks for the wlcome, Ive been looking for a Rams forum for a while... Im a die hard fan, every year we're going to the Super Bowl let me tell it,lol!

RBs have a short shelf life anyways thats why we need a QUALITY backup or 2. I just hate to see him tip toe when I see Marion Barber running through his own teammates to to pick up 4yds. I say to myself all the time Big jack should be doing that!!

jmk321 is offline Registered User

There is nothing wrong with the way S Jax runs. His only problem is staying healthy.

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

Steven Jackson is far from being one of this teams problems. If anything, one of the reasons why he gets hurt is because he plays so hard. I agree he needs to play smarter and keep his pads lower on a more consistent bases, but that's about the only real fault that I can think of when grading Jackson as a player. If anything, look for Steven to have his best year this year, Spags and company really put him and the other backs in a postoin were they have no excuse but to be productive.

Im not saying he is a problem becuase w/o him we have no real offensive threat. I just wanna see him lower his head all the time, just not when he feels like it....

Dominating D is offline Registered User

You better believe that with the improve line that SJAX will be improved. I am hoping that Spags can find another back to carry the rock 10-15 times a game. This will lesson the wear and tear and SJAX.

If all it took was lowering your shoulders and hitting the hole the running back position would be the easiest postion in the league. Unfortunately, sometimes you have to set back and let the play develop. Sometimes the play will aloow for a big gain and the offense wins the battle and sometimes the defense wins and gets to SJAX before he can get to the hole. That is how the game is played and Barber IMHO does not do a better job than SJAX.

Finally, SJAX just needs to stay healthy and hopefully he is hitting the training room so he be ready for 16 plus games.

GO RAMS

slammin_ram is offline Registered User

If tiptoeing and dancing helps keep SJ healthy we are better off for those moves, however, if we need 1 to 2 yards for a first or TD he probably will lower his shoulder and get the objective. The new offensive line and lead blocker should be a great help. I also believe the WC offense will be a great help, what do you believe?

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

If he cuts that hair he'll be faster but probably weaker due to the weight reduction. I think his wig is about 20lbs!!! He actually reminds me of the predator running around with his Dreds sticking out of his helmet........Steven "THE PREDATOR" Jackson

dgr828 is offline Registered User

I have a feeling that this is the year that JAX puts it all together and will have a MVP type season for the Rams. No Hold out distractions this year and he's already in camp and ready to go. Building on a steady routine early in the off-season should help Steven Jackson Battle health issues that has plaqed him throughout the passed two years.
    Jacksons games last year against Dallas and Atlanta shows us a glimpse of his etraordinary powers he has at the running back position.
    I'm sure new head coach Steve Spagnuolo will try and take full advantage Jackson's talents and do what evers neccessary keeping his star back in top shape.
    With the addition to the offensive line and full back position, don't be surprised if Jackson gains over 2,000 yards rushing, maybe even going after Eric Dickersons alltime rushing record.
    Expect BIG things from JAX this year!
    Last edited by dgr828; -05-09-2009 at 04:04 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Guam rammer View Post
    If he cuts that hair he'll be faster but probably weaker due to the weight reduction. I think his wig is about 20lbs!!! He actually reminds me of the predator running around with his Dreds sticking out of his helmet........Steven "THE PREDATOR" Jackson
    `

"The Predator" I like that, but here is one take on that hair, there was once a guy named Samson.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Ok I did a little research to support my case and you guy's case also. In 06 (not 05) when he had that monster year he did have a TRUE fullback and it was Madison Hedgecock (who we let go and he went to the Giants to become a pro bowler). And when he has had a quality fullback he does not dance as much. But since the 06 season he hasnt had a FB and the line hasnt been that great so he dances to make a hole that isnt there instead of making one (or trying too) himself.

I dont understand how anyone could want him to tip toe in the back field, I mean he's too big for that and not quick enough (iM not saying hes slow cuz he's not). IMO thats not his game his strength is to use his size, power, and speed. And whoever think there is nothing wrong with his running style (once again Im not saying he does this ALL the time just alot of the time), name me 1.... Just 1 big back in the NFL who you see consistantly tip toeing, bouncing, or dancing in the backfield.

jmk321 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fastcat View Post
    Ok I did a little research to support my case and you guy's case also. In 06 (not 05) when he had that monster year he did have a TRUE fullback and it was Madison Hedgecock (who we let go and he went to the Giants to become a pro bowler). And when he has had a quality fullback he does not dance as much. But since the 06 season he hasnt had a FB and the line hasnt been that great so he dances to make a hole that isnt there instead of making one (or trying too) himself.

I dont understand how anyone could want him to tip toe in the back field, I mean he's too big for that and not quick enough (iM not saying hes slow cuz he's not). IMO thats not his game his strength is to use his size, power, and speed. And whoever think there is nothing wrong with his running style (once again Im not saying he does this ALL the time just alot of the time), name me 1.... Just 1 big back in the NFL who you see consistantly tip toeing, bouncing, or dancing in the backfield.
    When he tip toes in the backfield hes being patient and letting the play develop. He makes plays for himself and gets big gains a lot of times when he does this. If him bouncing in the backfield didn't work then I would be against it but it does. His ability to run through people and make them miss is a big reason why he is one of the best runningbacks in the NFL.

Ramblitz28 is offline Registered User

I think that if Jax would just run through the hole or the line or where ever he's supposed to go he would be a much better back. His "hesitating" or "bouncing around" in the backfield is something that he shouldn't be doing. The man is around 240 lbs. he should wreck guys and sometimes he does but unless he consistently runs with a full head of steam and doesn't dance in the backfield he is just gonna be a mediocre back for us.

Major30 is offline Registered User

Yeah, maybe Jax sometimes tends to stop his momentum and tries to bounce around (like Marshal) looking for holes. Yeah maybe he should just make one cut and GO, but our real concern is with his health. A better line should help, but he tends to get a lot of strains and pulls that aren't necessasariliy due to contact. That is why a viable backup is still a must. Brandon Jacobs has 2 good backs behind him and they were needed last year. Go JAX!!! Go Rams!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast