Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jmk321 is offline Registered User

Re: Steven Jackson: I hope you see this!

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblitz28 View Post
    I think that if Jax would just run through the hole or the line or where ever he's supposed to go he would be a much better back. His "hesitating" or "bouncing around" in the backfield is something that he shouldn't be doing. The man is around 240 lbs. he should wreck guys and sometimes he does but unless he consistently runs with a full head of steam and doesn't dance in the backfield he is just gonna be a mediocre back for us.
    Explain how he is a mediocre back. He isn't just going to run full speed into a hole that isn't there and be stopped at the line of scrimmage. He had the most yards from scrimmage per game in the NFL last year when he played and it was behind a terrible line. There is nothing wrong with Steven Jackson aside from his ability to stay on the field and avoid injuries. There are many problems on this team right now and Steven Jackson is not even close to being one of them.

Fastcat is offline Registered User

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph! No one ever said jackson was a problem. Me and the guys that agree are only saying that if he doesnt hesitate to hit the hole (or even the holes that arent there) he would be a much better back. Thats all. And we are not saying he doesnt do it but merely that he needs to do it consistantly because if he does NO ONE in the leage would be a better back.

And no one that thinks his running sytle is cool has yet to name me a big back that hesitates, tip toes, or dances behind the line of scrimmage.... Im waiting

About the mediocre part: I dont think he is that BUT I think overall he is JUST a good back... above average. BUT when he runs with authority and doesnt hesitate or dance behind the line he is an excellent back and I cant see a back in the league that can do everything he can.
    Last edited by Fastcat; -05-10-2009 at 10:21 PM.

jmk321 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fastcat View Post
    Jesus, Mary, and Joseph! No one ever said jackson was a problem. Me and the guys that agree are only saying that if he doesnt hesitate to hit the hole (or even the holes that arent there) he would be a much better back. Thats all. And we are not saying he doesnt do it but merely that he needs to do it consistantly because if he does NO ONE in the leage would be a better back.

And no one that thinks his running sytle is cool has yet to name me a big back that hesitates, tip toes, or dances behind the line of scrimmage.... Im waiting

About the mediocre part: I dont think he is that BUT I think overall he is JUST a good back... above average. BUT when he runs with authority and doesnt hesitate or dance behind the line he is an excellent back and I cant see a back in the league that can do everything he can.
    No other big backs tip toe behind the line of scrimmage because they can't. Steven Jackson can and when he does he breaks out huge gains. That is one of the things that makes Steven Jackson in my opinion the best back in the league when he's healthy. If Steven Jackson was dancing around and was failing then I would be against it but it works.

If a power back like Marion Barber or Brandon Jacobs could make players miss like Steven Jackson can I'm sure they would but they can't and that is one of the things that is so special about Steven Jackson. He can juke around one defender then plow through another and then outrun the defense to score a long touchdown.

hawaiianpunch is offline Registered User

i think steven has the potential now to be the best back in the league with the new o-line. He reminds me of Eric Dickerson, whose speed was Elusive and Underrated because of the stride Eric, and Steven were able to take.

What pisses me off is on madden i have to run inside with Steven Jackson which is BS. Because his speed also makes him able to bounce to the outside. Example: 75 yard touchdown run against the cowboys last year.

Personally i think, he is the best asset to this team. He was also the most productive Receiver last year as well. Had the most Receiving yards on the team if i am not mistaken.

Steven Jackson will, Break through that hole this year. Teams better watch out. Cause here comes the beast.

1st off define a huge gain? My huge game would be 10+ yards. So saying that and to put an end to the argument show me 10 plays that he has tip toed and gained atleast 10yds. And Ill show you 20 plays where he runs downhill and gets +10yds.
    Last edited by Fastcat; -05-10-2009 at 11:25 PM.

BLeonard Guest

Steven Jackson can run as hard as he wants, but won't find any holes to run through with Brian Leonard gone....Jackson might as well head east to Cincy with my boy if he expects to have this "big season" that you speak of...I am not one to make outrageous claims as if i invented the question mark however, Brian Leonards jersey will find its way to Canton one day...good thing they won't have to ship it far now that he will be jarring fools on sundays in Cincy....later

Lol Bleonard isnt a FB. But anyway JMK321, and anyone who thinks tip toeing is fine and dandy check these highlights out. He only tip toed once total and he fell foward for a TD but this backs up my argurement. And in the 2nd vid on the 2nd run he has absolutely no blocking and he ran downhill and pushed the pull for a TD instead of tip toeing "trying to find a hole". Lol

YouTube - Steven Jackson 08-09 Highlights

YouTube - Steven Jackson - Here I Stand (2007 NFL Season)
    Last edited by Fastcat; -05-10-2009 at 11:29 PM.

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Steven Jackson is a sick Monster RB that if given a good to decent oline, will be the NFL's MVP, year in and out with injury free seasons

All we gotta do is get this guy beyond the line of scrimmage and he'll do the rest. Those stiff arms are nasty and they look like punches instead. PUUUMPED FOR 2009!!!

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fastcat View Post
    name any even average RB`s who has played his entire NFL career behind a O-line as weak as ours..let alone the elite ones and we`ll come back to you...

you can only run staight through a hole when theres a hole to run through!

Dominating D Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    name any even average RB`s who has played his entire NFL career behind a O-line as weak as ours..let alone the elite ones and we`ll come back to you...

Barry Sanders?

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post

Exactly, Barry Sanders is the txt book example of that and I do believe he was elite. And when your as big as Jackson if there is no hole to run straight through, you make a hole or push the pull. I wouldnt expect a small bag like a jones-drew, Barry Sanders, Dunn, even a Marshall Faulk to do that I would expect them to bounce around till they found something. its just like jackson is Mike Tyson trying to box like Floyd Mayweather Jr. Thats not his strength.

Didnt you watch those 2 videos... I mean the proofs in the pudding I didnt see him hesitate but just 1 time on the whole 6+ minutes of highlights. So you show me a highlight reel where he is tip toeing in the backfield and gains even 5yds. Ill come back to you...

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

and what did barry sanders do...? "tip-toed" ..danced about .. i was only thinking of players who have played in the same generation as Jax but all the same...my point made for me,well done and thank you!

Jax is a big back but none the less a 240lb back isnt gonna run through a wall of upto 700lbs without someone blocking and creating space...i dont need to watch no youtube videos ive seen every game that Jax has played for the Rams live!
    Last edited by Ramblin` Ram; -05-11-2009 at 04:12 PM.

Ramer Guest

I think SJ runs 110% every time he touches the ball. I agree that if we had any offensive line, he would be hurt as much.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12