BigGameMN is offline Registered User

Steven Jackson on Jim Rome is burning, talks about Marshall

He's at some kind of football camp he's running in Vegas and is doing the interview outside. Mark Schlereth is filling in for Rome. I'm going to try to type a rough transcript on the Faulk parts going by my DVR.

Schlereth: Marshall Faulk hasn't announced his retirement, what would it mean for him to come back to the St. Louis Rams and share some of that backfield work with you?

Jackson: Well the first thing is we would have to come to an agreement of, you know, wanting to not better ourselves but better the team and I think Marshall has no problem doing that and I know I don't. With the threat of me and Marshall I think is very dynamic. Umm, 3rd down, if that's what he wants to do, come and catch the routes. Let me bang it inside or vice versa, or whatever he wants to do I'm willing to do but I think it would be very special for the city of St. Louis to have something to cheer about but I think that would be very special.

Schlereth: Is it a possibility? Have you seen the guy working out, has he been around the facility?

At this point Jackson pauses because a plane passes overhead. He then explains about the plane, verifies the question and answers.

Jackson: Well I haven't been around the facility myself but I've bumped into Marshall a couple of times, Superbowl, Pro Bowl and he does look in shape.

That was all on Marshall. Jackson then went on to talk about his charity. Overall I would say that Jackson looked uncomfortable talking about Faulk. I think it was obvious that he didn't really want to talk about him. Of course that was just my view on it.

Keenum is offline Registered User

Re: Steven Jackson on Jim Rome is burning, talks about Marshall

Well, I don't think Jackson could say too much about Faulk, since he is still officially with the Rams, because of the League's tampering violations or something like that. I found on KFFL.com that Jackson wouldn't mind having someone to share the load:

Rams | S. Jackson would not mind sharing the workload
    Sun, 18 Feb 2007 11:58:10 -0800
    Jim Thomas, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports St. Louis Rams RB Steven Jackson had 436 touches during the 2006 season, six shy of the team's record. Jackson said it took his body a full month to recover from the workload, and he would not mind sharing the workload next year. "Hopefully, we get someone ... to shoulder some of the burden with me. I just don't want to burn myself out too fast. At the same time, I'm glad that I was durable, that I was able to carry the workload," Jackson said.

I think that keeps the door open for Faulk's return.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Keenum View Post
    Well, I don't think Jackson could say too much about Faulk, since he is still officially with the Rams, because of the League's tampering violations or something like that.
    How is it tampering to talk about a player on your own team?

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

i dont think he wants to talk about Faulk because he should be out of his shadow by now. It must be annoying for a guy to have such a great season and still have people talking about Faulk instead of him.

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    i dont think he wants to talk about Faulk because he should be out of his shadow by now. It must be annoying for a guy to have such a great season and still have people talking about Faulk instead of him.
    That's what happens when you follow a legend,which SJ will become..:l

Keenum is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    How is it tampering to talk about a player on your own team?
    I didn't exactly mean "tampering", but it was the only thing I could think of quickly. The Rams don't want him releasing inside information sounds better. Sorry about that.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Keenum View Post
    I didn't exactly mean "tampering", but it was the only thing I could think of quickly. The Rams don't want him releasing inside information sounds better. Sorry about that.
    LOL, no reason to apologize. I was simply confused about how talking about one's own teammate was tampering.

rampete is offline Registered User

saw the interview segment several days ago and when jackson said "...he looked in shape." he had a blank expression with his eyes moving downward for a split second, which may indicate that it was not based in fact, but mere courteous gesture, or that jackson was purely guessing because he couldn't have cared less about faulks weight, when they met. to me, that's indifference...