throwback week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Steven Jackson on NFL Total Access tonight

Jackson will be in the studio tonight for NFL Total Access, on at 7 & 10pm EST. Be sure to tune in!

jkramsfan Guest

Re: Steven Jackson on NFL Total Access tonight

it will be interesting to see if he has gotten rid of the me,me,me attitude and talks a little more about TEAM goals this season.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Well, did anyone who watched think Jackson came off as arrogant or cocky?

I thought he was rather complementary when asked about working with Faulk. I believe he said he was lucky to have a guy like Marshall on the team and he couldn't have had anyone better. Talked about how Faulk willingly stepped aside for Jackson, how he helped Steven with his game and helped break things down for him.

He reaffirmed how he expected to get more carries this season, and that Linehan's offense isn't too different but is less elaborate. When asked about whether he had to run with more power, he said it was something that would come naturally rather than something he would specifically focus on, and also said that he had to think about being more versatile.

Jackson also said the defense looked good in practice and gave Haslett and his defensive staff some compliments.

If I missed anything major, someone fill me in, because my radio cut out for about 10-15 seconds early in the interview (pretty much right after Jackson said he expected more carries this year).

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    Well, did anyone who watched think Jackson came off as arrogant or cocky?
    Almost makes me think the reporter didn't ask him something like, "If you get 20-25 carries a game, do you think it's possible you'd reach 2,000 rushing yards for the season?"

Just yankin' yer chain, Fat Pang.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

You are truly evil....................

I am utterly defenceless this morning as I sit here massively hungover and plagued with stomach cramps after copious amounts of beer and 4 slices of bad pizza.

From the reported comments sounds like he toned down the more self regarding stuff and went for the team angle.

Good to hear, and long may it continue.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

The interview was pretty tame all around, and he was very complementary of Faulk. However, he did speak of Faulk ONLY in past tense, so I'm wondering if the lockerroom knows something more certain about his potential retirement. Maybe, maybe not?

I am curious why the reporter specifically said, "Steven, I'm not going to ask you about your relationship with Marshall, but..." and went on to ask how MF has helped him along the way.

So why even preface his question?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

I hope he does the right thing and remembers it a team sport . But its very nice to have self-confidence in a running back as long as he remembers without the guys up front he goes no where ...

RamsFan16 Guest

He didn't seem cocky or arrogant at all, he seemed very confident which is good!

You can tell he is looking forward to this season!

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

It's easy to be self-effacing when everyone else is saying nice things about you.

He wants his carries and his stats and if it helps us win games I'll be a happy camper.

Good point about the preface HUb.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Kind of a sidepoint, but has SJ always had the lower lip of Bubba from Forrest Gump?

Just me, or did that look like a baby walrus hanging off the underside of his mouth?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

Does anyone happen to have a video of it? I missed it and was interested to see SJ. I went to NFL.com and didn't see it posted yet. I am sure it will be later today.

Rip32 Guest

NFL.COM has it up now

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Best Quote of the conversation.

"...The Rams are back."

-Clinton Portis

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Jackson did a good job in the segment and was able to keep things in perspective despite some provacative questions about his role in the new offense and of course the whole relationship thing with Marshall Faulk.

I thought it was interesting that he commented on some fans not liking him and not being receptive to his being named the starter over Faulk. Obviously he felt some of the negative attitudes but said those types of reactions were natural and that he was lucky to have a stand up guy like Faulk passing him the torch with little or no controversy.

I'm not worried about Steven Jackson's attitude.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Thanks for the report, R8rh8rmike! :clanram:

I wasn't able to see it (NFL TA) but your comment here more than made up for it, particularly reading about SJ's reaction and opinion. Or, as you said,

I'm not worried about Steven Jackson's attitude.
    Right on...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast